Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• »Gold Leader« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: x-3dfx, B747's, Tu-144's, MiG-29's, Parhelia's, Dinosaurs, PCE, Star-Wars --> that would be me lel

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 7. März 2017, 22:07

Here a lovely package that came from SadTropher's place form the UK :respekt:

Mitsubishi Electronics LS-120 SUper Floppy Drive
5x 120MB LS-120 Super Floppy Disks
NEC 5 Port USB 2.1 PCI Card + Front Bay 2 ports rear & 3 Front
Intel Pro/1000 GT Desktop Adapter PCI

NEC 5 Port USB 2.1 PCI Card + Front Bay Combo front:

NEC 5 Port USB 2.1 PCI Card + Front Bay Combo rear

Front Bay PCB closeup:

Nec USB 2.1 Card & Intel Pro/1000 GT Desktop Adapter PCI top:

Nec USB 2.1 Card & Intel Pro/1000 GT Desktop Adapter PCI rear:

And installed of course :topmodel:

Here from an other view:

Here the entire system that I named Stealth 2001:

Closeup of the 3 port USB 2.1 Front Bay:

As you see it works like magic :spitze:

The LS-120 I keep for my i860 system, the same for the ASUS GeForce 6800 GT AGP 256MB 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (7. März 2017, 22:10)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

Beruf: x-3dfx, B747's, Tu-144's, MiG-29's, Parhelia's, Dinosaurs, PCE, Star-Wars --> that would be me lel

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 8. März 2017, 23:42

Well had a little downside today, my 2002 Leadtek GeForce 4 Ti-4600 died :(
As it showed random white rectangular things during bootup and once in WinXP I saw vertical black & white stripes as if there was a Zebra Crossing on my screen :steinigung:

No big deal, it's handy having 21 spare VGA cards in that VGA Card table , so I used my Leadtek GeForce 6800 AGP 128MB 256Bit DDR and the performance boost is very noticeable hah! :topmodel:

So here an updated photo of the Leadtek 6800 AGP 128MB in the system:

CPU Ram & GPU closeup; gotta love that Copper there

Closup of the Leadtek GeForce 6800 AGP 128MB and other cards

And here the drivers i used for this good ole NV40 GPU :spitze:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (8. März 2017, 23:56)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 17:54

Hey all :)

Today the ASUS Geforce 6800 GT AGP 256MB arrived, it was very dirty so I took good care of it and cleaned it 8)
So here the photo's of this cleaned 6800GT with my PC Flashed V5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB which both will be used in the Dual P4 Xeon 3Ghz :)

ASUS V9999 GT AGP 256MB 256Bit GDDR3 Rev.A1 0514 ( Year 2005 , Week 14 ) top view:

Rear view:

Headshot:

In & Output connectors:

VRAM & VRM heatsinks:

Dual 4 pin Molex power connectors:

Top to bottom:
ASUS V9999 GT AGP 256MB 256Bit GDDR3 Rev.A1 0514 :hre:
3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB 256Bit SDR Rev.A1 2900 with PC Bios 1.18_LCD ( 2x 32MB 128Bit SDR ) :hre: :topmodel:

ASUS GF 6800 GT & 3dfx V5 Mac headshot:
:spitze:

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 20:13

NV40 madness right there :spitze:
Nice card man! Got my 6800GT 256MB AGP (which is a XFX though) in spring 2005. Still alive and kicking!

I'm not a crazy collector of rare VGA cards. More like gathering spare parts in case something breaks ;)
However there are a few cards / boards I'd love to aquire one day.
Voodoo-Kiste (seit 3dfx BayernLAN 2007):
Asus TUSL2-C, P3-S 1400MHz, 512MB RAM, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, 9,1GB IBM SCSI (OS), 40GB Seagate (Games), Adaptec 2940-U2W SCSI Controller
Voodoo-Kiste 2: Gigabyte GA-7VRXP, A-XP 2400+, 512MB RAM, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, 2x 40GB Seagate, Cooltek Antiphon Case

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 10. März 2017, 22:16

NV40 madness right there :spitze:
Nice card man! Got my 6800GT 256MB AGP (which is a XFX though) in spring 2005. Still alive and kicking!

I'm not a crazy collector of rare VGA cards. More like gathering spare parts in case something breaks ;)
However there are a few cards / boards I'd love to aquire one day.

Hey thanks man even you have a Voodoo5 6000, take good care of it man and don't be like how I was ... the Murfisor incident... if you still remember... :S

Yeah well you know me I am very selective as VGA cards go either if it's 3dfx, NVIDIA, S3, Matrox ATI or even the later AMD cards for example if I seek the original AMD R900Antilles Reference board it has to be that exact card a Sapphire or ASUS is not good enough, during my 3dfx days I really wanted a 3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP which was quite doable back then but 5000 PCI as well but it did have to be a Rev.A1 0900 it needed an E-Tag plus NFR Decals the details were a must and that did take a lot of time but then again I did find what I was looking for.

As my VGA card collection goes nowadays lots of non-3dfx stuff mainly because it's much more affordable for me, I can't waste 3000 euro's + on a Voodoo5 6000 Rev.A 3700 for example, just no fun anymore the 3dfx Capitalism is the one thing that made me stop, just can't afford such overrated retarded amounts.
My i860 system cost me no more than EUR 154.16 just on parts I mean if you look at the result? Worth it right?
And I can have as much fun and joyy with this system with this ASUS 6800 GT AGP 256MB and my PC Flashed V5 5500 PCI Mac as much as I did with a Voodoo5 6000 back in the day.
To me it doesn't matter anymore so as that goes, this being a new 3dfx build coming from me is a very rare thing, I am just happy that I can take part of this idea once more.

And for everyone here that still has their 6000's please take good care of them and keep using them so their vital parts will not dry out and die, it's very important! :!: :thumbup:
As Drivers and games go I am still here for support my V5 AGP, PCI & PCI Mac are enough for me to help others with, so yeah I'll be around ya know :)

This is my comeback as 3dfx goes, and sorry for being away for so long I have to be honest I was kind of lost after selling everything it was too painful for me to return, but at least I came back with something new.

Samstag, 11. März 2017, 21:57

Hello all,

Two very special packages arrived this weekend :topmodel: Two weeks ago, i was so lucky to catch a 2.0GHz P4 Willamette for the 423 Socket. My greatest thanks to Gold Leader :respekt: , who helped me to find an Indigo Orb Thermaltake cooler. It was leevmeister, thanks to, who sold me one of his coolers.
So, my system got a little update.

The old and the new one:

Intel Pentium 4 2.0GHz Willamette Socket 423, this is the end :hre:

Thermaltake Indogo Orb OVP:

Montagekit:

The wonderful cooler:

The cooler fits perfectly :love:

The system after the upgrade:

Booting up:

A new CPU-Z screenshot:

Next weekend, i want to upgrade some other parts (maybe a new case :whistling: a blue one, like the Orb ), reinstall Windows, install all drivers and runing some benchmarks.
www.glidegallery.tk <-- meine Voodoo Gallery [Domain UPDATE, it's time to say good bye "de.vu"]

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 12. März 2017, 00:38

Very niiice man! :respekt: Grats of them awesome and very rare parts! :respekt:
And anytime too, also give your ASUS P4T's NV Heatsink a nice clean too, would suit the system a bit more as the cleanness goes :topmodel:

But as a Blue case goes, hard I guess, you could go for the Lian LI PC-7FNW these have a side window kit and with that use 2x 30cm Blue CCFL's + 1x 30cm White CCFL :)
this should create a very cool icy blue spread of light :)

Place the CCFL's in the following order to mix the lights at their best.
Use the front & floor sides the blue CCFL's and rear side uses the white CCFL's, do this on the side where the windowkit is placed.

As I did with my ASUS K8N-DL build with 2x 30cm Blue CCFL's & 1x 30cm Green CCFL:

As you can see the lights mix up perfectly, only one green lamp because green is a very dominant color over blue, the same white would be as well 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (12. März 2017, 00:49)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 14. März 2017, 15:32

Hey all :)

Today a lovely package arrived from Germany with DHL Post :)

The following parts were in the package:

2x Intel Pentium4 Xeon 3Ghz HT, 2 Cores / 4 Threads
@ 3Ghz 2x 512KB L2 - 2x 4MB L3
2x VERAX Polargate Copper Coolers for Socket 603
4x 512MB PC-800-45ns ECC Kingston Server RDRAM
Supermicro P4DCE+II Intel i860 chipset
Gainward GeForce 6600 GT AGP 128MB 128Bit GDDR3

The 6600 GT will be sold since that is a card I won't be needing.

After giving a good look at all the parts I did a test fit of all the cards and the coolers :)
So here some photo's:

Here the set that came from the package :)

Here the VGA cards being test fitted with the following cards;
ASUS GeForce 6800 GT AGP 256MB
PC FLashed Voodoo5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB
Creative Labs SOund Blaster Live! PCI 256 + IO Back Panel:

Angled view with the cards in place:

As you can see the GF 6800 GT has a similar output layout as the V5 5500 PCI Mac:

Rear view of the cards :topmodel:

Here the views of the P4DCE+II with the Metal CPU Brackets in place, showing its layout from top and rear sides:

Top view:

Rear view:

Made In Taiwan it also shows PCB Date of 0341, that being Year 2003, Week 41 :)

Headshot:

Headshot closeup

Here the TERAX Polargate Copper CPU Coolers mounted:

The CPU Cooler Brackets are of metal as well :thumbsup:

Here a closeup from an angled perspective:

Here a closeup of the fans:

Dual Fans Copper Heatsinks and copper fins, can't get better than that! :spitze:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (14. März 2017, 15:50)

Donnerstag, 16. März 2017, 22:25

Hi guys,

I could not control myself this week. I have a MSI Geforce4 Ti 4800SE, which i wanted to use for my i850 system. But i found a realy special card. Lets look:

2x DIV Conector:

Last NVIDIA card with native AGP support:

I think, i need a new powersupply:

Card is in good condition:

Tomorrow, i will upgrade the system.
www.glidegallery.tk <-- meine Voodoo Gallery [Domain UPDATE, it's time to say good bye "de.vu"]

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 01:03

That is a Geforce 6800 Ultra, only it's Dual Slot, quite a dis if space is important, if not nice find for sure :)

My ASUS V9999 GT Deluxe can run at 6800 Ultra Extreme speeds if I give it a good OC< but since I am not such type of hardware abuser I will keep mine as is.
it's rare hardware I prefer to keep in healthy working condition over and over used unhealthy unstable working condition 8)

As the OS goes it's gonna be WinXPPro x86 UK+ SP3 :)
Much easier and games will run better as well.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (18. März 2017, 07:22)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 21. März 2017, 19:25

Okay well I have started taking the System Sveta SMP 2004 apart;
All by removing it's MSI MS-9130 K8T Master2 FAR motherboard with CPU's, Ram &CPU Coolers installed as one whole.
Then I took out all the other remaining parts like the optical drives the floppy & hard drive all the case fans etc.

Here a galley of pics I will show you on how far I have gotten today:

This is what I began with, slowly taking the thing apart:

Here I loosened some of the PATA cables and other power connectors etc:

Here the rear of the Mobo tray, showing square holes:

These square holes are for spacers you click in from this side.

Here is how I cleaned most of the metal parts and larger non electrical parts:

And here the result after treatment:

Carefully I start removing parts like the PSU shown here, I used pliers to cut away the old tie wraps, and gently checked the cables , all seemed find in the end:

Removal of Floppydrive after removing the harddrive & optical drives:

Here I observed the dirty parts before removing other vital parts:

Inspecting other parts like this fan before removal:

These old parts were also removed & cleaned and repacked, the MSI Dual Opteron setups will be sold.
Funds will go in to this project:

Top of the case features extra hidden HDD bays for more storage, always an handy thing to have around:

Case fans rear;

Right = Before
Left = After:

Case fans top;

Right = Before
Left = After:

All the fans & Optical drives cleaned ready to be reused:

Addtronics 6896A Entry Level Server Tower frame cleaned, ready for re-use:

All cleaned up ready for motherboard placement:

Rear of mobo tray cleaned:

Rear of case cleaned:

Nice and clean, this system will be a blast to the past for many Dual Xeon users:

This case is from 1996 my goal is to make this build look brand new, the hard work is paying off so far:

IO Panel made a photo of it since it's placed at an awkward location top right of the motherboard instead of bottom right. This photo will come in great handy:

So that is all I did for today, more I hope for tomorrow, stay tuned 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (21. März 2017, 19:30)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 22. März 2017, 19:40

**Progress Update**

Today I cleaned cleaned the PSU and applied the heatsink brackets with the proper sized M4 Bolts, nuts and nylon rings and the Motherboard has also been placed in the case.
This system is finally taking shape, just waiting for my Noctua NT-H! Thermal compound to arrive so I can place the TERAMAX Polargate coolers :)

Cleaned the PSU:

Other view of cleaned PSU:

Closeup of cleaned PSU:

Socket 603 CPU Cooler Brackets finally placed, top view:

Rear view, thanks to my dad he help make these M4 bolts, nuts & nylon rings fit :)

Here the motherboard neatly mounted in the case:

Sveta SMP 2003 after adding Optical drives, Hard & LS-120 drives + some case parts:

Sveta SMP 2003 side view Before PSU & CPU Coolers placing

Here some info of the CPU's I am actually using for this build:
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Xeon/Intel…32KC3000H).html

They are a pair of Intel Xeon MP SL79V 3Ghz HT Gallatin Server CPU's tback in 2004 they had a MRSP of 3692 USD Each...
Thesse CPU's are also the only Socket 603 Gallatin Xeons that have a Level 3 Cache of 4MB, all the others have either 1MB or 2MB :)

Stay tuned for more :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (23. März 2017, 10:21)

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 21:25

i have some problems, my ASUS P4T won't work with the Geforce 6800 Ultra. The monitor stay black :(. I tested the card on a Abit AV8 and a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with no problems. Did the card needs 100% an AGP 8X port?

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 23. März 2017, 21:57

i have some problems, my ASUS P4T won't work with the Geforce 6800 Ultra. The monitor stay black :(. I tested the card on a Abit AV8 and a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with no problems. Did the card needs 100% an AGP 8X port?

Not that I know of, my Leadtek Geforce 6800 AGO 128 MB runs fine, Did you make sure you connected both 4 pin Molex power connectors and not just one, I know this may be a simple thought, but ya never know.
I have not tested my 6800 GT AGP yet, ran out of Y-Splitter cables at the time I got the card, how ever I could test mine now to see if it works.
But that is strange that your 6800U don't work Hmmm Have you set the AGP Slot to AGP x4 in the Bios and have you also enabled Fast Writes? You could try disabling this just to see what happens..

As the PSU Goes the 6800 Ultra was quite a power hungry card many recommended a 460 Watt PSU or more, so maybe your PSU in that system is too unstable?
Also make sure you have uninstalled the drivers with your previous VGA card before installing the GF 6800U.

I did the exact same with my ASUS V9999 GT AGP 256MB and it runs fine with the ASUS P4T @ AGP x4 + AGP Fast Writes Enabled.
The Driver I used is the most stable for WinXP & NV GPU's NV25 - NV30, NV 35, NV 38 & NV 40, which is ForceWare 84.21 WHQL for Win2K/XP:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (24. März 2017, 00:39)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 25. März 2017, 19:15

Here a the VERAX Polargate Coolers mounted on the CPU's:

As I have been going through this build, I do find that this is a very complicated build, all because of the crappy layout of the CPU's being in the upper front part of the motherboard.
It's gonna be a pain mounting the PSU 's 24 Pin & 8 Pin CPU Power Connectors because these are on the far upper right of the mobo along the edge...

The 4 Pin is simple since that one is on the upper left of the motherboard alongside the edge, also I dunno what to do with the remaining cables of the CPU Coolers plus them RPM dip switches, need to find a way to neatly bind them.
My PATA-133 cables seem a it on the short side as well, one thing is for sure this system is gonna get SATA-II-300 rofl, so much easier to cable manage.
For SATAII-300 I need an Areca, Adaptec or Supermicro PCI-X -66 Mha SATAII-RAID 5 card, with that two 256GB SSD's in RAID 0 should make things more speedy :)

But yeah I'll see what I can make out of this odd ball :)

So here the final pics of this beautiful yet complicated build:

Here the Western Digital Server Edition 250GB 7200rpm PATA-133 HDD connected:

Here the Mitsubishi Electronics LS-120 Super Floppy Drive PATA-133 connected:

PSU & IO Bay:

Doing final checks, to see if everything is well connected and placed:

The cable management was an utter PITA, but I did manage alright:

Here a closeup of installed cards:

Ready to place the case panels:

Cleaned Case Panels top:

Cleaned Case Panels rear:

And here's the completed result :)

Tomorrow I will install it as I am super tired now, my arthritis in my hands is really playing up as well.
Ah well I have to admit even that this system was complicated to build, it was very challenging for my skills in making a clean build;
So even for that part this was well worth doing.

Major thanks to SadTropher for helping me to obtain some of it's vital parts and everyone else for tips to make this the better system :)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (25. März 2017, 23:18)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 11:51

First bootup worked and I had to readjust the ATA flatcable connector on the mobo for the HDD and the DVD -Rom and it's installing WinXP Pro x88 USA + SP3 :)
Only I can't get it to see the LS_120 during bootup, but it may be seen in WinXP Pro So I will keep you guys informed.

Main thing I am just happy it works without too many worries :love: :topmodel:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (26. März 2017, 12:04)

Tweakstone

Rampage

Beruf: IT-System Elektroniker

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 12:03

Very nice setup you created there :thumbup:
Your WD Disk is a regular IDE Disk btw. The AAJB is the later Version "Blue" with half the "Blue's" cache 8MB versus 16MB. The Blue should be AAKB.
About 10 (should be a few more actually..) years ago or so, WD also released "RAID Editions" of their IDE Disks (during 1st gen SATA RAID Editions release), but since then there where no Enterprise / Server Editions of their IDE Disks.

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 12:07

Oh okay well bottom line this does work for now it took me 4 weeks to build, due to the heavy arthritis like pains I have in all my joints, mainly my hands building computers like this server is very painful.
Even though it's not something I want to stop doing either, such things just take ages, I might even sell most of my new gen systems since the quality of new gen games is just very depressing.

Mainly the amount of kids that are over packed in these game communities..So back to making a decent Descent server for the Pyro Pilots Guild 2K14 my Descent community, I will host Descent 1 & 2 games on this Dual Xeon MP 3Ghz :)
My Gallatin Days are about to start :topmodel:

The Voodoo5 works great btw with a 66Mhz Bus, there was no jumper to set the slot to 32Bit, it auto detected it and presto PC Flashed V5 5500 PCI Mac at V5 5500 AGP Speeds HAH xD
This is by far my coolest build ever in a very long time and it's my first Dual Xeon :love: :spitze:

And it works! :spitze: here the bootup screen:

Here the system running with all the ledded fans giving life :)

Here the system installing Windows XP Professional x86 USA + Service Pack 3:

More pics to follow :topmodel:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (26. März 2017, 14:52)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 16:35

Major downside:

I can use either the GeForce 6800 GT AGP 256MB which is set to IRQ 22 or the V5 5500 PCI Mac, to which IRQ I cant seem to find.
Basically the GeForce won't function if the V5 is installed no matter what slot I use I get constant conflicts.

If I remove the V5 all is fine if I use the V5 alongside the GeForce the V5 works the GeForce gets IRQ Issues and will remain to be seen as GeForce 6800 with a yellow explanation mark in the device manger.

So it's either the GeForce 6800 GT AGP 256MB or the PC Flashed Voodoo5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB and not both.
I also tried normal PCI slots for the V5 and again No Go, nada, nothing.

It could be that this motherboard doesn't like having multiple VGA Cards installed of varied brands.
I don't know what else o think of it, oh well sh!te happens I guess, can't have everything, the Dual OpteronMP 850 CGI used before this had no issues with multiple VGA cards.

A Shame for that part as I really had hoped this to work, yet it does not.
So if any of you have idea's how to get this working feel free to place input on that I just am out of options as of now.

No luck with the V5, even after disabling IRQ's in the bios like you suggested, no change this is what I did do before removing the V5 for the last time:

But as you can see the V5 installed perfectly yet the GeForce gets the issues, even that it too is installed perfectly.
When I remove the V5, this issue is gone, as if this never took place.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (Gestern, 00:41)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 26. März 2017, 21:51

Ah well not all is lost :)

Here all the important parts installed as of now:

Just gonna stick to my ASUS GeForce 6800 AGP 256MB for now 8) Just wanna see what NV40 is capable of doing :)

And Yaaas the LS-120 works!!!! :topmodel: :thumbsup:

The Ata flat cable wasn't fitted in properly hah :D
All going on strong now!

Here a video of it playing a music video from a LS-120 Super Floppy Disk :spitze:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjpzPBiRCN8

So here the final build as I have completed this build and now it's ready for the needed upgrades :)

Here it playing MilkDrop2.25c with 128 images rendering mode with Winamp 5.666 Final @ 1024 x 768 x32 around 50 to 70 fps :)

Here it's current Desktop, I managed to make a cool screenshot of Blue Squad in action during Star Wars Rogue One: A Star Wars Story 8)

So here the final pics of this build with all the side panels in place:

Descent 2 Pyro-GX art I did back in 1996:

Freespace 2 Starships art I did in 1999:

The entire system complete doing some MilkDrop2 fun :topmodel:

And the entire system completed as ending of this log :love:

Many thanks for reading and replying this log of this awesome, rare; yet complicated build 8)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Gold Leader« (Gestern, 02:35)