Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• »Gold Leader« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: x-3dfx, B747's, Tu-144's, MiG-29's, Parhelia's, Dinosaurs, PCE, Star-Wars --> that would be me lel

• Nachricht senden

Sonntag, 23. Juli 2017, 00:13

you need coolers for Socket 603/604 not LGA 771. But grats on this find, you'll love them 3Ghz Gallies hah got two myself xD

There is no problem, Sockel 423, 603, 604 and 771 have the some mounting system and hole spacing.

Sockel 423 = 38,10 * 81,28 mm
Sockel 603 = 38,10 * 81,28 mm
Sockel 604 = 38,10 * 81,28 mm
Sockel 771 = 38,10 * 81,28 mm

Aah alright didn't know that more of an AMD user normally, so I thought different socket means different cooler lel :topmodel:

Freitag, 11. August 2017, 16:48

After i put my i850 system in the Thermaltake case, i felt that the case is al little bit to over-sized and i had the idea to re-use the Maxdata case, which was the case before. So, every weekend during last month i did a lot of modifications and now i want to present you the results.

Blue Leader

Intel Pentium 4 2.00Ghz Willamette Socket 423m 256KB L2, 400Mhz FSB
ASUS P4T Rev. 1.07 With Intel i850 Chipset
4x 512MB PC-800-40 ECC Rambus Kingston Original
Leadtek A250 Geforce 4 Ti 4400
Creative Sound Blaster Live!
3-Com 3C905-TX 10/100Mbit Ethernet Card
MAXDATA ATX Mod-Case with cold cathode light

It starts with a complete cleaning and dismantling of the case:

(Click to Enlarge)

I enlarged the holes for the fan from 5 to 6 mm. It was realy hard to remove the burr :bonk: :

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

I decrease the hdd frame, so it dosen't disturb the look through the window. I restarted three times, after i found the right size. The line, which you can see, was my first try. In the end i cut off 5 cm and i had to drill new holes for the HDD.

(Click to Enlarge)

For the window, i used 4 mm acrylic glass and for the metal edge i used a U-profil rubber band. The MAXDATAN font has been painted in blue. my grandpa found some old blue colour in the garage, which looked nice and was made in the GDR :topmodel:

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

i didn't want use the big Targan PSU, so i cleaned the old one with compressed air and a brush. Every e-cap looks fine.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

Every part of the case is painted and ready to put together:

(Click to Enlarge)

The size comparison between the Maxdata case (left) and the Thermaltake case:

(Click to Enlarge)

To found the right solution for the cablemanagement was not so easy. I cut out a little strip from the mainboard holder. After that, it was possible to lay some cables behind. The reduction of the HDD frame has an other possitive effect, now the ATX Power connecter fit better. To have not so much IDE cabels, i bought two round cables. For one cable, i cut off the 20 cm part and the other cable, i cut off the 30 cm part. So it fit perfect for ODD and the HDD drive.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

And now, here it is! In the front and the back i installed a 80 mm Papst fan with 1200 rpm. For more effects in the dark i add a blue cold cathode light.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)
www.glidegallery.tk <-- meine Voodoo Gallery [Domain UPDATE, it's time to say good bye "de.vu"]

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »MadYoshi« (11. August 2017, 16:51)

Tweakstone

Rampage

Beruf: IT-System Elektroniker

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 11. August 2017, 19:16

That looks awesome, great Job!! :respekt: :respekt: :thumbup:

styvi

Ultra Kill

Beruf: Maschinenbauer

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 12. August 2017, 01:31

Wow, geil :thumbup: - und richtig viel Arbeit mit gemacht.
Hat sich gelohnt, schönes Resultat. :)

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

Beruf: x-3dfx, B747's, Tu-144's, MiG-29's, Parhelia's, Dinosaurs, PCE, Star-Wars --> that would be me lel

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 15. August 2017, 10:35

Nice work there man :) that Thermaltake Indigo Orb is amazing you'll love it, mine still works likea charm as well :)

Although I find it strange seeing someone I know using the same Computer name I use for my workstation from 2009 rofl
it reads rather weird lel :topmodel:

Freitag, 18. August 2017, 00:57

:S It was not my intention to use the same name. I just thought, because of the blue light, to choose the name Blue Leader.

And now, here is the light.

(Click to Enlarge)

(Click to Enlarge)

I have also made some benchmarks. For the benchmarks, I have aligned myself to the rules of 3dcenter.org. [Link]

www.glidegallery.tk <-- meine Voodoo Gallery [Domain UPDATE, it's time to say good bye "de.vu"]

Gold Leader

Multi Kill

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 24. August 2017, 14:08

That looks lovely Blue Steel, Blue Thunder or Deep Blue could of fit it's name quite well, even so my sytsems name is Blue-Leader SMP 2009, I gave it that name becausse it has a rare Micromachines model of the Koensayr BTL-A4 Y-Wing Star Fighter from BLue Leader himself and of the Icy Blue & White light effets, two reasons.

SMP meaning Symmetric Multi Processing, it's a system that has SMP support over two 6Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0 Instanbul CPU's,
Even so I do love the finished result of this P4 2Ghz , glad you were able to complete it either way :)

Yet I do look forward to how your Dual 3Ghz Gallatin will tun out, were you able to make a decent heatsink for the upper right placed CPU VRM's?