• Ich hab da mal ne Frage

Da ich keinen 8pol. Stecker am Netzteil habe ist Overdrive im ccc auch nicht aktiv soweit so gut trotzdem würde ich gerne mal die Temps wissen
    also zurück zur frage mit welchem Tool konnte man diese auslesen? (Alle tools die ich schon ausprobiert habe, haben die 2900xt noch nicht unterstützt)

Mein System:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 4000+ (2.5GHZ)
    Sapphire HD 2900XT 512MB
    2048MB DDR2-533
    Asrock AM2NF6G-Vista
    Shakoon 450W
    Arctic Cooling

• Danke ATI-Tool 0.27 Beta funzt

Mein System:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ @ 4000+ (2.5GHZ)
    Sapphire HD 2900XT 512MB
    2048MB DDR2-533
    Asrock AM2NF6G-Vista
    Shakoon 450W
    Arctic Cooling

• sagt mal (ich blick da nicht mehr ganz durch) wie schnell ist eine HD2900XT jetzt eigentlich wirklich?

hab so ungefähr gelesen das sie mit neusten treibern knapp unter 8800GTX liegt. stimmt das?

• Naja hat treiberseitig einiges aufgeholt. Je nach Spiel und Einstellung schlägt sie auch ne 8800GTX. Aber im Schnitt is sie trotzdem eher mit ner 8800GTS640 gleichzusetzen. Ohne AA+AF schlägt sie die GTX sogar sehr oft, aber wer spielt schon ohne :topmodel:
    AA+AF kostet im Schnitt immer noch zuviel Performance.

• also mit meiner x2900xt @ 900/1135 und dem a64 6000+ @ 3.6ghz prügle ich so manchen core 2 duo mit ner 8800gts her :topmodel:

die treiber sind schon besser geworden. muss mal den neuen cat 7.8 testen. (hab noch 7.7) ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Turrican (18. August 2007 um 12:54)

• hey guys 'n' gals :) got my first HD 2900 XT in today bought it from a good friend for 150 EU :)

http://quickload.hostingvision.com/uploads/a63b87…0606ca6c34e.jpghttp://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/28613-1/R600+istalled.jpg

no digital camera yet.
    the second 2900XT is on it's way from Canada, an original built by as boxed by ATi HD 2900 XT 8)

The one I'm using now is from Sapphire :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (23. Dezember 2007 um 18:41)

• Zitat

Original von Grindhavoc
    i hope to see a picture of the boxed by ATi HD 2900 XT ;)

No probs , I'll make pics of both beauties ;)
    here's the auction where I got the original ATi HD 2900 XT from :)
    http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.d…y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

the box is also on that page it has a very nice ATi red colour with a HL2: EP II box art on it's front side asa pic of the HD 2900 XT it's self too :spitze: :)
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2707/vidcardyh8.jpg]

And the card of course :topmodel:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/6991/vidinhe1.jpg]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (23. Dezember 2007 um 18:42)

• Zitat

Original von FS03
    Are these Cards still faster than the new HD3870s?

It depends on what you run :)
    With heavy vertexshader bassed applications the HD 2900 XT's crush these cards with ease, two days ago I tested my old CrossFire X1900 XTX / X1950 XTX CFE setup [Dual R580's] against my Sapphire HD 2900XT [Single R600] and a friend's HD 3870 [Single RV670] with Flight Simulator X Deluxe Ediiton @ 1440 x 900 x32 with max FSAA & AF setings as the Simulator in ultra settings.

the Dual R580 setup got about 23 to 30 fps, the single R600 got about 28 to 34 fps and the RV670 did about 17 to 21 fps.

FSX DE really liks mass memory bandwidth as a VPU with a very powerfull Ringbus memory controller, the R600 has it's place best in that segment. The RV670 simply lacks that, there by two R580 simply beat a RV670 with ease.

The RV670 performs better in DX10 apps because of it's DX10.1 path it can do, though in ultra higfh reso's the HD 2900 XT can catch up thanx to it's 1024 Bit Ringbus Memory Controller as it's 512Bit memory interface.

my choice was the 2900 XT just because it's better with heavy vertexshader programs like Flight Sim X as some other apps I will use it for, like CAD programs for instance.

in CrossFire two 2900XT's crush two 3870's in all DX9.0c apps as for some DX10 apps that go above the 1920 x 1200 x32 reso's.

Do remmeber that the HD 3870 is a Mid-End card and not a High-End where as the HD 2900 XT is ;)

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (26. Dezember 2007 um 12:03)

• Zitat

Original von OutOfRange
    and at the moment ATI isn't still able to give their customers drivers for the 38xx that works good for actual games :mauer:

heh well I must say that ATi Cat 7.12 PWNzz balz here ;) as a friend of mine has dual RV670's yeah dual 3870's from Sapphire to be precise and he has no prob's what so ever, it's all about configurating them propperly and B they are no NV cards they are ATi cards they aren't as easy to install though it has been done for a reason ;)

I ran Crysis with the DX10 HACK well actually a DX9.0c HLSL unlocker for XP so that us XP'ers can envy the Very High settings mode :)

I must say that a single HD 2900 XT 512MB runs the game @ 1440 x 900 x32 with FSAA x4 and AF x16 very fluidly :) about 32 to 34 fps hehe, okay it isn't much much it's nice for some demo's.

this week my second HD 2900 XT will be arriving from Canada so then I can envy Crysis with CrossFire hehe should do alot better since the latest Crysis patch as ATi WHQL Catalyst driver fixxed it for CF usage under Crysis :)

I have been using ATi cards since the release of the 9700 Pro and really I should have been using these babies alot earlier ... using nvidia cards was my largest mistake in my entire PC life, nVidia & Image Quallity ? ugh no... never.

They have learned alot with their G80 series though they still can not compete with the image quallity which ATi has.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (26. Dezember 2007 um 14:52)

• Zitat

heh well I must say that ATi Cat 7.12 PWNzz balz here ;) as a friend of mine has dual RV670's yeah dual 3870's from Sapphire to be precise and he has no prob's what so ever, it's all about configurating them propperly and B they are no NV cards they are ATi cards they aren't as easy to install though it has been done for a reason

Well configured ? Haha I must laugh, cause first thing you're worried about when installing a CF is: Do I have to mount one or both internal bridges when I'm using two cards ? Do whatever you want, cause it doesn't matter and there's no clear instruction from AMD/ATI yet. So as you can see, cause I'm worried about such little things as these I might admit, that my system is very well configured ;) and due to the fact I'm using a X38 PCI-E2.0 Board which provides 16 lanes for each card, the platform under the cards should also be prepared very well.
    Other thing is: Why the hell do I have always to uninstall all the Drivers installed on my computer and clean the whole thing with drivercleaner before I porper can install the newest ATI Drivers ?
    And why isn't there any improvement in the 7.12 ? Uhhh 3Dmark05 (or 06 i never mind) is 5% faster ! WAYNE IS INTERESTED IN !
    Why is ATI telling me I have to use the profile manager to switch between CF-disabled/CF-enabled profile when its not working ? (and sry I'm not the only one with this problem, and it exists since CF is available !). And why isn't the damn thing able to store my settings when switching from on to off ?.
    OK now you can come up and ask "Why are you enable/disable your CF ?", just cause I'm using Multimonitoring... and this is not possible during active CF (it isn't possible with SLI either), BUT due to the fact ATI isn't yet able to answer me what would happen if I'm going to add an aditional graphics adapter im stuck in here.
    Other thing:
    There's no improvement in actual games (Crysis, CoD4 etc.) and no real bugfixes (and sry the list of issues in actual ATI drivers is horribly long). That's a point where nVidia is WAYS better than ATI. Have you ever take a look on ATIs homepage about upcoming or actual "Get in the Game" supported games ? Sry the pages must be a joke !

Zitat

I ran Crysis with the DX10 HACK well actually a DX9.0c HLSL unlocker for XP so that us XP'ers can envy the Very High settings mode :)
    I must say that a single HD 2900 XT 512MB runs the game @ 1440 x 900 x32 with FSAA x4 and AF x16 very fluidly :) about 32 to 34 fps hehe, okay it isn't much much it's nice for some demo's.

Sry the demo says NOTHING about performance. And your framerate is useless due to the fact it's just a peak and not an overall measure. You can't play this game in this settings because the card is WAY to slow (even in CF).

Zitat

this week my second HD 2900 XT will be arriving from Canada so then I can envy Crysis with CrossFire hehe should do alot better since the latest Crysis patch as ATi WHQL Catalyst driver fixxed it for CF usage under Crysis :)

Cause there's no real improvement in the actual driver and there's no actual Omegadriver for Crysis it will not provide the boost you're probably looking for. And Crysis isn't gamers heaven due to the fact it's just a short grahic demo, and I'm pretty sure that most of the gamers wouldn't touch it again after finished it for a long time.

Zitat

I have been using ATi cards since the release of the 9700 Pro and really I should have been using these babies alot earlier ... using nvidia cards was my largest mistake in my entire PC life, nVidia & Image Quallity ? ugh no... never.

Sry I bought my pair of 3870 three weeks ago and must say THIS WAS A F***** MISTAKE. nVidia also have some (sometimes horrible) problems, but what I must see from ATI in the last weeks is just discusting:
    - They don't give a F*** about their customers, the forums aren't well moderated, there are no technicans in it and you will never receive a single answer from the AMD/ATI support
    - All actual AGP Users (no I'm, not one of these) are also horribly f*** because ATI doesn't support their AGP cards since four months but keep on selling them !
    - It doesn't matter because there are no improvements in the PCI-E drivers either.

At this point I must say: nVidia has the way better driver and customer support. And that counts more than anything else.

Zitat

They have learned alot with their G80 series though they still can not compete with the image quallity which ATi has.

The only reason to buy.... but this is not enough.

I was a real happy ATI user years ago with the 9700 and the 9800, now i gave ATI a new chance....and this is so annoying.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von OutOfRange (26. Dezember 2007 um 18:42)

• ugh sorry dude didn't know you'd get a period, heh, I always have used AMD / ATi setups never had problems like you are hav'n, blame intel for bad support with ATi cards with Their X38 chipset for that part... that is when I almost started laughing [Blockierte Grafik: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/792/traantjeeu5.jpg]

CrossFire must be new for you then heh as I could of wondered and about AGP cards well my X800 XT PE AGP runs fine with Omega Catalyst 7.10 no probs with that one heh under Win2K pro + SP2 heh.

Setting up a CrossFire setup is childsplay, as having a 2-way setup you must ply your Monitor Adapter on the bottom card aka the Primary card and the top one is your Crossire card, well it works as the Turbo unit. For Programs that use CF the second card will jump into action like a small turbo, if an App doesn't support CF even when the cards are in CF the second card will lay low.

8 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (26. Dezember 2007 um 19:19)