• Zitat

Original von Obi-Wan Kenobi
    ugh sorry dude didn't know you'd get a period, heh, I always have used AMD / ATi setups never had problems like you are hav'n, blame intel for bad support with ATi cards with Their X38 chipset for that part... that is when I almost started laughing :')

[Blockierte Grafik: http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/roflmfao.jpg]

CrossFire must be new for you then heh as I could of wondered. and about AGP cards well my X800 XT PE AGP runs fine with Omega Catalyst 7.10 no probs with that one heh.

The HD 2900 XT uses ATi Cat 7.12 WHQL.

Thank you fanboy.

Just go and try to run an X1xxx AGP on actual drivers ;)

If you're able to fix these problems, you're invited and welcome.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von OutOfRange (26. Dezember 2007 um 19:08)

• OutOfRange:
    ATI-Drivers suck as long as I can remember... they have sometimes quite pretty hardware on their graphics-boards but what can you do with the flagship of 3D-Gaming if they are too stupid to release a working driver.
    -----
    Just my two pieces of gold...

ciao

It's nice to be a Preiß - but it's higher to be a Bayer.

• Zitat

Original von Voodoo³
    OutOfRange:
    ATI-Drivers suck as long as I can remember... they have sometimes quite pretty hardware on their graphics-boards but what can you do with the flagship of 3D-Gaming if they are too stupid to release a working driver.
    -----
    Just my two pieces of gold...

ciao

That's exactly the point !

Just because there was some about Crysis: When Crysis came out, at the same time nVidia already had some fixed drivers, they were beta but worked very well ! ATI took some days longer and the drivers aren't still around the performance they might be.

Problem about all this is, cause the driver is so buggy, you also experience that the support from ATI is absolutely crap.
    Sorry I would be very happy:
    - If I don't need to uninstall all my drivers before new ones just to be sure they're installed correctly (sry nvidia drivers just can be installed and keep ALL the user settings).
    - Fixed Profile Manager
    - Support for actual games in a short time like nvidia do.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von OutOfRange (26. Dezember 2007 um 19:18)

• Zitat

Original von OutOfRange

Thank you fanboy.

Just go and try to run an X1xxx AGP on actual drivers ;)

If you're able to fix these problems, you're invited and welcome.

you post reminds me of ghey, okay I am an ATi user as a 3dfx one it doesn't mean I'm a fanboy [Blockierte Grafik: http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/792/traantjeeu5.jpg]

I'd say use the latest drivers ATi Catalyst 7.12 WHQL they will amaze you if you can configure them propperlyheh, Iw ish you all the best for that part, they have a nice boost in Crysis also ;)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (26. Dezember 2007 um 19:25)

• Sorry I'm not going to discuss this further than this point with a person that's laughing about the problems I experience with products he's sooooo fan of it.

Sorry I you were a real experience ATI user you will come up with some conclusions and not a poor picture. At this point: I think you haven't read my whole post. So if you don't have some ideas how to make the situation better, then please discuss seriously or leave it !

• Wow cool pics Turrican :respekt: :respekt: also notices some cool differences also :D

the top HD 2900 XT has the older 2 piped Heatsink as the one on the bottom has the newer 3 heatpiped heat sink.

The CrossFire cables are dfferent qua labeling also :)
    the left one has the new style labeling as the right one has the old style labeling :topmodel:

• Zitat

Original von Turrican
    hehe yes. :D

but till now i've not noticed that they use different heatsinks (2 vs. 3 heatpipes) :topmodel:

Yeah the photo looked funny at first sight xD cool combo man! :spitze:
    If right the one with 2 Heatpipes should have higher temps than the one with 3 Heatpipes

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (26. Dezember 2007 um 21:10)

• hmm, an interesting point i found out:

my "old 2900xt" (which i own a couple of months) has the 3 heatpipe-heatsink, the newer one only the 2 heatpipe-heatsink.

looks like ati has done that, to manufactor the cards cheaper? :gadget:

first i thought it was exactly the other way round

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Turrican (28. Dezember 2007 um 00:26)

• Zitat

Original von Turrican
    hmm, an interesting point i found out:

my "old 2900xt" (which i own a couple of months) has the 3 heatpipe-heatsink, the newer one only the 2 heatpipe-heatsink.

looks like ati has done that, to manufactor the cards cheaper? :gadget:

first i thought it was exactly the other way round

heh a bad coincidence your second card is actually older than the one with 3 Heatpipes heh!

the one's that were made with 3 Heatpipes were later revisions, it looks like the 2nd card you bought was from an older stock heh.

@ Voodoo3

Sorry I can't agree with you there bud, ATi has more money than most lad's think, they at least take the time to make a good product, I have seen more bad NV cards as dead ones than ATi cards heh in my 17 year of PC experience ATi is from 1985 nvidia is from 1993 heh, ATi has alot more experience too, they just have much more complex designs which, yeah take much more time to design. but they do make it eventually, now they have lesser complex designs with much greater success ;)

If ATi was out of money they wouldn't be around heh, they have plenty R680 will be out soon as R700 will enter around Q3 2K8 heh norries man ATi will be on a good comeback next year and so might nVidia if they are on time which actually is for both ATi as nVidia, dunno If Matrox will come with a Parhelia 2 heh! who knows :) would be cool to have good ole Matrox back though 8)

My experience with NV cards was very bad, always had lot's of fusses with their drivers, image quality, FSAA and other stuff, they were a true living hell to me, Ati was my way to a flawless life, just by using Omega Catalyst drivers or ATi ones it didn't matter they both work, though I do advise Omega Drivers for better in game performance with max image quality.

And yes I can understand for people that use NV card's never had troubles with that but did with ATi, but to be really honest the amount of lads that had troubles with NV cards is about the same as the lads that had troubles with ATi ones really use Google and really the same amount pop up heh.

It just depends on who is used to work with what they are used to, that is really it, it has nothing got to do with fanboyism, only lowlives use that word for an easy stupid way out, sorry but that doesn't work with me, I'm hard on that one.

Which is still the main reason I still use ATi cards since the 9700 Pro till now as for ever, if something works to my wills, I'm not being bothered to walk over to another brand, I have 2 2900 XT 512's soon, one in use now [the Sapphire card] and yeaps they pack a hell of a performance with Very High Quality settings in Flight Sim X Deluxe Edition @ 1440 x 900 x32 CFAA x8S AF x16 and as long ATi cards will keep me satisfied qua image quality & performance I will tend on using them simple and plain.

I suppose your experience with NV cards is the same like mine with ATi cards? I don't mind we all have our differences that way ;)

There is one thing we all have in common, we all love 3dfx ;):respekt:
    Nobody can replace 3dfx.

9 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (28. Dezember 2007 um 02:12)

• Zitat

Original von Obi-Wan Kenobi

heh a bad coincidence your second card is actually older than the one with 3 Heatpipes heh!

the one's that were made with 3 Heatpipes were later revisions, it looks like the 2nd card you bought was from an older stock heh.

crap, looks like i had bad luck on this one :bonk:

• Zitat

Original von Turrican

crap, looks like i had bad luck on this one :bonk:

yeah :( you can also check the PCB date on your cards :) it's located on the back of the cards under the U-Form of the black heatsink like cooler :)
    0723 is my 3 heatpiped Sapphire card [Year 2007 week 23] and my 3 heatpiped Original ATi is 0739 [year 2007 week 39] thanx to my seller of that Original ATi card hehe.

the year/week dates are printed in white just like on our 3dfx Voodoo 3/4/5 cards, only the year date is placed before the week date, on the 3dfx cards it was the week date then the year date ;)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (28. Dezember 2007 um 02:13)

• Zitat

Original von Turrican
    hey obi

now i'm overclocking the 3 heatpipe-model. it oces extremely well.
    vgpu=1.325V

100% fan speed rulez :topmodel:

http://s2.directupload.net/file/d/1291/ykzdqy45_jpg.htm

hope my second one goes that high as well :D

Very nice score man :) Maybe the 1Ghz core is possible :)

Though i did do Auto OC with my Sapphire HD 2900 XT but that's without messing with the voltages something I rather stay away from, my Sapphire with stock voltages came to a max speed of core/mem 888Mhz / 925 mhz [ 1850 Mhz DDR]

Anyways games did run instable so not very reliable heh. @ Stock speeds FS 2006 DE [FSX Deluxe Edition] runs fine @Very High settings @ 1440 x 900 x32 with FSAA x8 & AF x16 & Super Sampling Adaptive AA :)

Dual HD 2900 XT's should do well @ Ultra settings, my first HD 2900 XT the original ATi one hasn't arrived yet so I can't test that yet, it's the X-mas new years season things take longer than normal which sux balz.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (29. Dezember 2007 um 04:32)

• w00t, got today my new silverstone decathlon psu.
    now i can use both cards with extreme overclock.
    :spitze:

obi, if your're interested, i can post some results later :)

• Zitat

Original von Turrican
    w00t, got today my new silverstone decathlon psu.
    now i can use both cards with extreme overclock.
    :spitze:

obi, if your're interested, i can post some results later :)

oei that would be nice :)

well my original built & boxed by ATi Radeon HD 2900 XT 512MB card from Canada is at the damn customs :grr: It will be arriving next week , Sigh. damn TNT post slow as shit.
    here's the auction of it heh:
    http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.d…:MEBI:IT&ih=006

Anyways the Cargo plane didn't crash that the Force for that one, I called to the TNT post office twice and now there seems to be some movement they said my item will arrive next week , which is HELS! :mauer: :topmodel:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (4. Januar 2008 um 17:47)

• Are two of these X2900XT are not too noise with full fanspeed??
    I got Headache from my loudest CPU Cooler. :mauer:
    I´m interested in results too. :spitze:

- Auf Voodoos zu zocken ist wie Oldtimer fahren,
    nur dass es keinen Interessiert -