Eure OpenGVS RealWorld Benchmark Ergebnisse

• Kein Problem. Ich lads heute abend auf meinen Server hoch. Der hat ne gescheite Internet-Anbindung und steht bei Strato rum.

Hey - es wäre super, wenn Du das machtest! :)

Ist in Arbeit. GAT's Leitung glüht gerade^^

Geil, bald haben wir in jedem größeren, (hauptsächlich) deutschsprachigen Land einen Spiegel. :spitze: Man kann niemals genug von den Dingern haben. =)
    Ich hab' die bisherigen zwei(einhalb) mal nach Geschwindigkeit sortiert und den kaputten kilu.de - Mist entfernt. :grr:

• der mecket immer das er gfil net finden kann
    muss ich das von cd installieren ?? ich habs entpackt und dann installiert

Hm, ich hab's hier auf meinem Voodoo4 4500 AGP - Arbeitstier vom Ordner aus installiert, aber auch hier gibt's Probleme: Glide3x.dll wurde nicht gefunden. Aber ich kann mich dunkel erinnern, dass ich es auf anderen Systemen auch direkt aus der Iso installiert hab'. Und man muss die CD-ROM auch nicht zum Starten im Laufwerk haben. ;)
    Ich würde (wie bei mir gerade) auf ein sonstiges Softwareproblem tippen. Hast Du mal nach gfill gesucht? Hier isses jedenfalls drauf.
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8812/gfill.gif]

• ja die ist da und kann sie auch starten das ist ja das merkwürdige
    vieleicht liegt es auch an vista 64 bit

8K3A+ Athlon XP 3000+ Barton
    2x Seagate Barracuda im Raid 0
    512 MB DDR 1 400 Ram
    Voodoo 5 5500
    SB Audigy 2 Zs Platinum

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Maktek (10. September 2011 um 09:26)

• Hey - es wäre super, wenn Du das machtest! :)

Ist in Arbeit. GAT's Leitung glüht gerade^^

Geil, bald haben wir in jedem größeren, (hauptsächlich) deutschsprachigen Land einen Spiegel. :spitze: Man kann niemals genug von den Dingern haben. =)
    Ich hab' die bisherigen zwei(einhalb) mal nach Geschwindigkeit sortiert und den kaputten kilu.de - Mist entfernt. :grr:

So, habs hochgeladen.
    Neuer Mirror:
    http://www.muldenaue.de/uploads/Q3D_RWB_242.zip

Ich bin noch immer dafür, den Thread sticky zu machen.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• If anyone seeks these OpenGVS techdemo files I have them on my dropbox, after I renovated my old systems, I found them within my old 3dfx archive.
    I'm like I want everyone to enjoy these not that shady selfish group that try to keep such files for themselves only, not going to happen when I am around.

So here the are then :)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2vis7rx65c6q…WB_242.zip?dl=0

Such files fall under the value of shareware and such files need to be shared, so others can make them useful, this falls under supporting the community in my eyes. It's that I just want ALL 3dfx & Q3D fans to enjoy these files, hence why I am sharing them :)

• Thanks!

From what I can see, most mirrors are down, only my server and eDonkey were available, and both are kinda slooow, so this is welcome! :)

SK1: If you're reading this, maybe you can add Gold Leaders' link to the start post as a new mirror?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Yaaaaaas daaoooh and finally I found something useful HAH XD

Ooiiiiyyy lets have a party lmao xD :topmodel:

But yeah I dunno if this is even aloud but I was like why not? Techdemo's are regarded as shareware right?
    I really don't want to break any rules but as far as I could tell this can be shared.

If there is anything else Well I will take it all with me to the Thuringen Lan GAT, I really hope to see you there too bud.

As I will have my entire 3dfx archive with me everything I have collected downloaded since 1999, including 100+ Quake III Arena files and 368 Red Alert 2 maps maps from well known clans and other places that don't exist anymore all the 3dfx Motion Blur mods for QUake III and the 3dfx maps for Quake III , many great things :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (12. August 2018 um 18:06)

• Hmm, actually, I just checked the license agreement, please do take a look, I've marked the relevant part:

So legally, we're not actually allowed to rehost these files. Now, who's going to ask Quantum3D for a written permission? ;) I'm actually somewhat positive they'd just give it to us, since there is no harm. But to make those downloads 100% legal, we would indeed need to ask, actually.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• Well I Sent Q3D a Support ticket hope this does us well:

WIllem Jan Berrevoets Today at 20:25

Hi :)

As Gold Leader from Voodooalert.de and as Willem Berrevoets owner of the official x-3dfx community I would like to ask permission to share and upload the Quantum3D OpenGVS Tech demo's to my drop box so that Quantum3D Obsidian2 & AA5 users can make use of these tech demo's to test their retro 3Dfx based systems.

Since these files are copyrighted :

"COPYRIGHT (C) 1990-2002

Quantum3D, Inc.

All rights reserved.

These coded instructions, databases, statements, and computer programs contain unpublished proprietary information of Quantum3D, Inc. They are protected by Federal and international copyright law and are provided to the user community as a benchmarking tool. These programs, information, and data may not be redistributed, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Quantum3D, Inc. Copies made for local end user usage is acceptable.

The benchmark programs are made freely available to the end user community by Quantum3D and its authorzed distributors and are intended to aid users in their selection of graphics hardware for realtime 3D roles. These roles include visual simulation, training, location based entertainment, and basically any 3D application where the underlying performance of the 3D graphics hardware is important.

By using these benchmarks, the end user agrees that they will make no attempt to modify the benchmark software, or its internal operations. The end user also agrees to not copy or use any of the benchmark data materials for any use other than for running the benchmarks with this RWB test suite.

RESTRICTED RIGHTS LEGEND:

Use, duplication or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subdivision (c)(1)(ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS 252.227-7013, and/or in similar or successor clauses in the FAR, DOD or NASA FAR Supplement. Unpublished rights reserved under the Copyright Laws of the United States.

REMOVAL OF THIS NOTICE FROM THIS FILE CONSTITUTES A BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT AND PROHIBITS YOU FROM USING THESE TOOLS.

TRADEMARKS:

OpenGVS, RealWorld Benchmarks, RWB and GVS are trademarks of Quantum3D, Inc."

I thought it was best to ask permission for this 20+ year old demo files.

Hereby I hope to be able to give my 3dfx & Quantum3D members these demo's so they can use them for their 3dfx & Quantum3D based retro gaming & workstation systems.

Friendly regards,

Willem Berrevoets from x-3dfx."

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (12. August 2018 um 20:27)

• Now I'm seriously looking forward to their reply!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• GREAT NEWS everyone <3

Stu Hagood (Quantum3D)

Aug 15, 12:03 PDT

Hi Willem,

I spoke with our CEO on this and we do not see any issue with you uploading these old Q3D demos to your Dropbox folder and providing them to your Quantum3D members.

I will go ahead and close this ticket out and if you have further questions let me know.

Thanks
    Stu

https://quantum3d.zendesk.com/hc/requests/20373

So it's aloud YESSSSSSSSSSS <3 :spitze:
    We are in the clear my VA Q3D & 3dfx friends 8)

I also showed them X-24 system haha xD this is sooo cool :respekt: to Quantum3D!

• Awesome!

No seriously, this is actually pretty awesome!

Please make sure to keep a backup copy of that communication somewhere!

:)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• OH sure I joined the Quantum3D community the offiicial and asked it there it's in my account so it's going no where, at first I thought you meant the OpenGVS Demos haha it's what excitement does LAL xD

• Saw this right now. Are these "OpenGVS techdemo files" something which would fit to my website, espacially to this subpage -> https://soggi.org/video-cards/tech-demos.htm?

kind regards

soggi

• I would say "probably yes". It was a demo for Quantum3Ds' scene management solution "OpenGVS", which was basically a high-level API for creating realistic 3D environments for simulations. It was also meant as a cross-platform benchmark for UNIX workstations (DEC UNIX, IRIX), Linux and Windows NT as well 9x machines, allowing for comparisons between OpenGL, Glide and Direct3D.

Although it was probably less a tech demo for Quantum3D hardware.. It was more a tech demo for Quantum3Ds' software API.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Sounds good...if I got it right it is a techdemo for Quantum3D's software API in particular, but in general it's a benchmark!? So it would better fit into the category "benchmarks"!?

kind regards

soggi