Specs of GT200b based GPU's!

• Hi All after reading the main page of Tweakers.net I came across this :)
    http://www.hardware-infos.com/news.php?news=2588

[Blockierte Grafik: http://www.abload.de/img/gt200bscemegdgs.jpg]

and this picture of the GTX 295 which I still call GX2 295 because all the Dual Planar PCB designs of NV havce been called a GX2 so imho even this one should carry the GX2 name ;)
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://tweakers.net/ext/i/1229443515.png]

just look at htose monsterous GT200b GPU's for a GX2 design it would give a crushing performance compared to ATi's R700 heh.
    The TDP's are a lot lower per GPU too of the GT 200b's so even for that case I think thhe gT200b will at least give NVIDIA their lead against the ATi Flagship the R700.

Tweakers.net also claims that NVIDIA's GT300 GPU shall appear in first quarter of 2009 shortly after GT200b heh I think they are really presuring on ATi and I can truly understand this too, I think 2009 is gonna be NV's payback year.
    as General Grevous would say ATI is Doomed

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (17. Dezember 2008 um 13:00)

• Die 55nm zahlen sich halt mehr als aus, würde ich Mal sagen. Und die 2 x 448-Bit finde ich für die 295 / "GX2" auch noch ok, das würde ich mir als Kompromiß einreden lassen, auch wenn 2 x 512-Bit mit 2 x 1GB schöner gewesen wären.

Ich werde mir wahrscheinlich trotzdem wieder eher die Single-GPU Version zulegen, und schaun, was sich da in Sachen Takt noch machen läßt. 8)

btw.: Die Nomenklatur suckt.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Liegt wohl an den PCB-Limits. Das Problem ist ja das Interface, bzw. die Adressleitungen.. Mit Bandbreiten, die nicht direkt einer 2^x Formel folgen gibts dann halt auch "schiefe" Speichermengen.

Aber mit meiner 768MB Karte hatte ich eigentlich keine Probleme?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• yeah well maybe but it did prove a lot of success the G80 was NV's pride when it launched and it did hold place one as the fastest thing on the market ven that it did have 768 MB of 384 Bit GDDR3 as their 8800 GTS 640 and 320 with 320Bit GDDR3 lasted 8 months until HD 2900XT arrived which had 512Bot GDDR3 and 4 but could hardly keep up with a GTS 640 with 320Bit GDDR3 because the lack of drivers and technical difficulties which the HD 2900's suffered.

Though in the beginning just before G80's launch, there was a small production fault with the first few batches of the G80 GTX cards these were pulled from production process, this production fault was reported within time for the launch :)
    http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2006/11/0…8800_gtx_batch/

Only 8800 GTX cards suffered from this so called BOM error they changed the resistor to the correct value and it was solved.

NV did tell the crowd about this just to be honest on what went wrong since it's not worth to lie and create nonsense delays like ATi did with R600, ATi R600 was delayed because of severe technical difficulties as it arrived 8 months to late from it's deadline! heh, quite amazing that they survived the R600 incident and nowadays they are still making loss ti is a lot less but still the R600 impact was a hard one on them, R700 cleared alot of this up but not all debts are paid off yet and since they have delayed RV870 til Q4 of 2009 they will have to hope they made the right move since NV had GT200b and GT300 up their sleeves for Q1 2009 heh as the most recent rumors go.

2009 is gonna be like a turning point for both ATi and Nvidia and we may get a third player in the field :) Intel with their Larrabee heh. 8)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Obi-Wan Kenobi (17. Dezember 2008 um 14:36)

• @GAT
    das liegt daran das der v-ram bug mit dem der ram überläuft ja auch am ehsten bei den 320MB modellen auftritt,
    dann bei den 640MB und dann bei 768MB.

Kommt halt auch auf auflösung usw. an. ich glaube du nutzt mittlerweile eine GTX280 und hattest deine 8800GTX
    nicht mehr an deinem großen Dell, nicht wahr!? Nunja bei der 8800GTX spielte das nicht so die rolle als die karte noch aktuell war,
    welches spiel in der vergangenheit pumpte schon 768MB voll...

• Sehe ich auch so.

@GAT: Für mich ist der GT200b kein Grund zum Umstieg, da meine GTX280 jetzt schon schneller läuft als eine solche aber wenn Du eine hast, berichte doch mal bitte Deine Erfahrungen. Besten Dank! =)