Advice needed from fellow 3dfx collectors

• [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/38055-1/DSCN3134.JPG]

Dear friends;

I'm sure some of you have figured out that I will be parting with some of my collection soon. It is true, I will be selling or trading 99% of the consumer boards and boxes in my possession.

There are one or two prototypes being parted with, but only a handful so don't get your hopes up.

The reasons are twofold-

1) I'm not doing anything with them and they are taking up much space. Rather than just have them sitting unseen in an attic I prefer to let them go. This will give me more incentive to work on other pieces.

2) I'm running into health issues. Having parts of your body start to fail at an alarming rate will focus the mind in a most wonderful manner. Nothing life threatening but option limiting for sure.

I'd prefer to husband my resources for time with my daughter than get distracted by lesser issues.

The advice I seek is how to do this? I did contact a few people quietly but in my opinion that has not worked out to well and I'm considering either a simple lot sale, Ebay auctions (small lots) or a auction sale here on the board.

That way is as fair as possible with the least amount of friction.

Thank you for your time, most of the items can be found here-

http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/v/3dfx…_001/?g2_page=1

Gary Donovan

• 1) If you need any details of the picture shown above explained, please just ask.

2) The cards on the Quicksilver II are all new, most in sealed boxes. Several cards on the right side are new too, but I forget what.

3) The Spectra 2500 is complete, it is only to be sold with the Pure3d2 boards as a complete 3 card set. Yes the Witchdoctor setup is 100% funtional.

4) The white box on the lower right contains 5 brand new sealed Voodoo II's in 3dfx shipping container.

5) Closeups of all items are shown in the gallery link.

• if you want to make maximum profit sell it in single listings here or over ebay

if you are nice you ask the other collectors and make small bundles

VoodooAlert IRC Channel

Und hier noch ein blöder Spruch den nicht jeder sehen kann.
    :spitze: Anscheinend ist es ja mittlerweile modern, Schriftfarben zu nutzen die man nur in einem der beiden Designs sehen kann :spitze:

• yep.

1. optimal profit, no costs, medium effort = selling all cards seperately in falconfly forum
    2. maximimum profit, but with lots of cost (so after all the profit maybe near "optimal" like in 1st solution) and a higher effort = selling all cards seperately in ebay
    3. medium profit, no costs, low effort = selling bundles in falconfly forum

I would prefer 1.st one. As i also did it when i sold my collection.

By the way. Kudos for doing this. For me personally it helped a lot, selling all this stuff because it did constrain me a lot... and also the fun was gone after some time.
    Just look at my sale threads in falconfly, maybe it can help you.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TM30 (29. August 2009 um 21:51)

• have you ever brenchmarkt your rampage?
    i would find it nice from you if you would give some rare cards to raff 4 articels at pcgh ;)
    or give one defekt and one working to komponent 4 ram mod
    I would sell your collection so that we can after follow the cards an that they don't get lost
    one aalchemy were nice to see by one of our driver modder (amigamerlin) ;)
    to sell in falconfly it's an good idee
    prost,
    Bier.jpg

• 1) No Rampage benchmarks, there will be a time for me to turn my attention there. Many projects and duties occupy my time dispite my best efforts to simplify my life.

2) I have considered ram modded boards but am content with V5-6000 eh?

Items posted in 3dfx.ch gallery will be sold via forum auctions on VA and FF.

Yes I am selling them, they will go to good homes I'm sure. Many things for collectors that are rarely or never seen now.

• yes ram modding an v5 6000 wich have ram probs or is not so rar for example an 3700A
    it would be the fastest voodoo card ever ;)

you schould just sell to people that we all know and where the cards can not be lost.
    prost,
    Bier.jpg

• my advice gary, DO NOT sell them both on VA and falconfly at the same time... i had big trouble, e.g. keeping the pages synchronized (lots of bids in a short time), CHAOS.....
    I think some links from VA to falconfly are sufficant!

• 1) No Rampage benchmarks, there will be a time for me to turn my attention there. Many projects and duties occupy my time dispite my best efforts to simplify my life.

2) I have considered ram modded boards but am content with V5-6000 eh?

Items posted in 3dfx.ch gallery will be sold via forum auctions on VA and FF.

Yes I am selling them, they will go to good homes I'm sure. Many things for collectors that are rarely or never seen now.

Hehe. I'm still interested. The working Rampage prototype is something very special, very rare ... and extremely interesting for testing. If there is any way to get your card, and if it's just for doing some benchmarks, please let me know. Of course we'll mention our source (you). And maybe we can arrange a real deal (buy the card for PCGH testing) ... =)

Greetings,
    Raff

• Yeah, i 've to save my money now.

I don't wanna get some of your rare cards, but i think you 've other really good cards in your collection!

Please do us a favor an sell some of them in the VA. ;)

• Sir Garry S. Donovan

I just wish you all the best my friend, you have done so much for the communities and such as you may know this yourself.
    About your sales, I went for the ebay method with the first collection, and each card in sepperate sales, this was alot of work but it did work out best for the max proffit, the second collection was sold here @VA only because all the 3dfx lads I knew best were here.
    as for the 3rd one this went via VA PN, this last method isn't advised unless you know these people very well and they have are willing to pay you a very good deal, or B you are willing to help them out selling somethey were seeking and doing them a favor].
    As what TM30 said; via VA and FF may be your best gain, but don't keep ebay left aside, use ebay for the prototypes only, main reason? Well they will get the max attentions and their values will sky rocket!

As for your health situation, I just hope ain't noth'n too spooky go'n around, okay we all get older over the years the older we get the more health issues we get, I know all about this shit heh!.
    As for your daughter, Gary she needs you all the most in these critical times, the up comming 20 years will be very important thus vital to her and this might be playing a role and the things causing them difficulties you have with the loss of your brother in the past now them other issues about here.
    But bro your spirit is very strong and somehow you will pull your self from this black hole.

I just hope you are not loosing all confidence for living as like I did in the past, and i hope your depressions are not going to end like mine did having massive regrets for selling all your belovered things.
    Just a warning from me man that you don't make the same mistakes like I did.

May The Force Be With You Jedi Master Donovan, and be mindful of your thoughts and moves, you will find your way out of this, 2 years is nothing trust me, don't find it odd that itwill take another 2 or 3 before all the shit has been dealt with, my problems since what happened in 1987 til 1988 this is still bugging me from time to time, I have learnt to accept it, but it does not mean I didn't forget what happened.

Just hang in there mate, if you feel like talking about problems just send me an email or PN over here, Just hang in there bro. :thumbup:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (31. August 2009 um 16:21)

• The working Rampage prototype is something very special, very rare ... and extremely interesting for testing. If there is any way to get your card, and if it's just for doing some benchmarks, please let me know. Of course we'll mention our source (you). And maybe we can arrange a real deal (buy the card for PCGH testing) ... =)

Greetings,
    Raff

You know, I suppose a loan would be possible.

• As for your health situation, I just hope ain't noth'n too spooky go'n around

Degenerative arthritis, can't catch it from someone can't fix it either.

Just the hand God dealt me, I tell people its his way of getting me to slow down.

I still intend to give him a run for the money ;)

Zitat

But bro your spirit is very strong and somehow you will pull your self from this black hole.

No black holes here, nothing slows me down much. I just need to pick and choose what I want to do and proceed with care.

Zitat

I just hope you are not loosing all confidence for living as like I did in the past

Have a daughter to look after, not even an option if I was inclined to lean in that direction.

• I will start an auction on the FF forum this sunday-

Auction will start with the unboxed and boxed voodoo graphics and proceed through the generations. 10/15 per week

Any prototypes will be listed last.

Once an item is up on the board it will not be available for private transactions. It runs till it is done.

I can "hold" items till all auctions are completed and total won items can be shipped at one time to save on shipping costs. All that I ask is payment be made for individual items as won, shipping can be paid after you are done bidding/winning.

I will absorb the paypal fees for payment of items, shipping however is actual cost +3% to cover paypal fees.

I may alternate auctions between here and FF forum to be fair, auctions will not be run on both at the same time unless it is a very rare item.

Is this all fair?

• hmm for proto's it is a good idea, but some others may find the production stuff rare too so I dunno bout that man.
    Most of us run auctions at the same time for all parts we sell.

But of course it is up to you hehe, I wish you all the best mate, btw the Rev.A 2500 5500AGP is a nice one :) odd that it's aprototo, heh afaik the Rev.A 2500 is the most well known 5500 AGP production unit, why did 3dfx construct a prototype of that board?

• hmm for proto's it is a good idea, but some others may find the production stuff rare too so I dunno bout that man.
    Most of us run auctions at the same time for all parts we sell.

But of course it is up to you hehe, I wish you all the best mate, btw the Rev.A 2500 5500AGP is a nice one :) odd that it's aprototo, heh afaik the Rev.A 2500 is the most well known 5500 AGP production unit, why did 3dfx construct a prototype of that board?

1) I don't wish to be jumping back and forth between boards, if someone wants something bad enough I'm sure they will either sign up on the other board or have someone bid for them.

I should have the first auction starting in a few hours, boards with no boxes starting with voodoo graphics.

2) The 5500 on Ebay was a SDK board, most of the time they do have the not for resale tags even if they are production boards.

I'm surprised only one person asked, I did not say anything because I was curious if anyone would ask.