The White Pointer of 1987.

• Hi all

Back in 1987 there was this search party going on when I was living in Bunbury, Western Australia, of a 12 year old boy, he seemed to have been gone for like 3 months and on one sunny sunday the local Fishermen caught a 4.20 metre White Pointer aka Great White Shake, which carries the scientiffic name:
    Carcharodon carcharias

These beasts can grow from 6.5 to 8meters long, though there was a sighting of an estimated length of 9.20 metres, this was near the new mexico regeon in 1991.

so here the pics of the White Pointer that ate the 12 year old boy @ Koombana Bay, Bunbury, Western Australia 1987:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/38179-2/White+Pointer+Koombana+BAy_+Bunbury_+Western+Australia+1987.JPG]

With that yellow Toyota Land Cruiser in the rear and that White Pointer in front of it, it should give you an idea of the shark's bulky size.

I'm the boy with the Red / Green / White striped shirt and light blue shorts, after they opened up this shark when it was dead, they foudn the 12 year old boy chopped up in 3 pieces, this explained why the boy wasn't found, it seemed that the 12 year old boy swam beyond the safty of the ornage flags and was taken out to sea by a rip curl, something that happens without knowing.

For several decades, many ichthyological works, as well as the Guinness Book of World Records, listed two great white sharks as the largest individuals caught: an 11 m (36 ft) great white captured in Southern Australian waters near Port Fairy in the 1870s, and an 11.3 m (37 ft) shark trapped in a herring weir in New Brunswick, Canada in the 1930s. While this was the commonly accepted maximum size, reports of 7.5–10-metre (25–33 ft) great white sharks were common and often deemed credible.

more info here :)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_white_shark

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (3. September 2009 um 22:56)

• While I was looking through my Australian History for interesting photo's I came across these pics of that 1987 4.20 Metre male White Pointer and it's something I had to show you guys at VA heh just to give you an idea how big these sharks really are and the dangers that go amonngst them as how the people saw them as monsters back then.

how it all came to place is that it was swimming 800 metres off shores for quite some time so the fishermen called the council and they were ordered to catch itm to investigate it for answers, the council had some bad feelings about the missing boy's status with this White Pointer swimming around.

So at the day it was caught , some local I knew and my meighbour man Trevor came over to tell me about the White Pointer caught @ Koombana Bay, North Bunbury near the Port. so mom dad, Anake a friend of mom's and Trevor headed for this shark and that is where I got the pics from thx to dad & Trevor making them it is something to look back at, still the entire sotry behind it reamins a terrifying story, imagine finding our 3 months later that your 12 year old son has been eaten by such a shark.

when the animal died they cut him open and the foun d a young human male body chomped up in 3 pieces, his DNA came over with the boy missing, anyways forrensic detectives went deep in to it and this was indeed the main suspect for the boy's death.

anyways it did seem that the boy also swam in the water when rip curls were signalled but he seemed to have ignored them so on this side it is his fault for not listening to the surf & coast guards, the shark see humans in wet suits like Seals , their main food source, so imho the Sahrk is not to blame.
    http://www.jawshark.com/index.html#main%20table

Humans are seen nowadays as the years after that incident the mosnters that fish out such sharks as a sport hereby these sharks became an endangered species on the list of rare animals.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (3. September 2009 um 23:08)

• Hi there I have been sent a copy of these shark photos and would love to share copies of them on my Memories of Bunbury page. I can watermark them so as to ensure credit stays with you. Also would you gave any more of Bunbury? Kind regards Megan

• Hi there I have been sent a copy of these shark photos and would love to share copies of them on my Memories of Bunbury page. I can watermark them so as to ensure credit stays with you. Also would you gave any more of Bunbury? Kind regards Megan

Oh go for it just give them my credit as Gold Leader aka W.J Berrevoets.