This was sad to read another Voodoo5 6000 died after being in the wrong hands:

• Let's never lose confidence ^^ I'm glad, Löschzwerg gave him the right help to revitalize the card.

Of course we all are afraid of what he's going to do next with it but it still IS just another working
    V56k, so lets all hope he will (at least for now) handle it with 100% care and safety precautions!

Cya, Mäxl

• WHYYYY??????
    the work he did was absolutely professional and looks great, and i could imagine to mod one of my three v5 5500 in the same way (of course this one which is already modded, the others are in original condition), but i would never - NEVER(!!!) mod a v56k anyway!!
    there´s no excuse for that and it doesn´t matter how much v56ks he´s got!! :mauer:
    i´m glad to hear that the card is still alive...

wuuki

- hier könnte Ihre Signatur stehen -

• To be honest, his watercooler is of great quality, no question about it.
    I could even imagine watercooling a v56k, IF there is (always) a 100%
    save way to remove the original heatsinks. But there's the first problem!
    Even if you use the "fridge"-tricks and what not, there is no guarantee
    in the world that the VSA100 stay undamaged.

BUT:
    If you just look at the aspect of watercooling itself, i think it's a good thing.

There is absolutely NO reason to cover the whole card (or even just parts
    of it) in plastique 70 or other "water-resistant stuff".

Otherwise, a V56k would never produce that much heat to justify being watercooled.

Cya, Mäxl

• To be very honest, I would of left him with it, he messed up, he should deal with the consequences.. :adsh:

That's what I think too.

I know what you two mean, but he wouldn't have stopped anyway :( So it's better he starts only killing this one card instead touching the other one too. That's what I thought at least ^^

...and I might be too nice from time to time :spitze:

• To be very honest, I would of left him with it, he messed up, he should deal with the consequences.. :adsh:

That's what I think too.

I know what you two mean, but he wouldn't have stopped anyway :( So it's better he starts only killing this one card instead touching the other one too. That's what I thought at least ^^

...and I might be too nice from time to time :spitze:

Sorry to be rashional but I hope all his cards die, due to his stupidity and then I hope he will regret what he has done and regret he never listened to any of us :thumbdown:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (25. Februar 2013 um 21:00)

• Zitat

Sorry to be rashional but I hope all his cards die, due to his stupidity and then I hope he will regret what he has done and regret he never listened to any of us

hm... this would make the prices for v56k's go up!

• If those cards would be destroyed or unrecoverable modified..in the end it won't make any difference to someone who's looking for an original
    V5 6k, so the prices are going to increase anyway :(

• 3500.-€ for a V56K ... this is supreme bullshit.
    I'm laughing about him. I well remember of his begging to me to sell him my V56K. It left me in utter satisfaction he'll never get my card.
    But sometimes I wonder who has carrying more of the responsibility of what happening to all this cards? He, the poser and dilletante buying them ... or the sellers?

- Backfire -

• So an offtopic question:

is there any possibility now to buy one V56K? except to ask this TM ?

Did he really buy mostly all cards, which are available for sell?

Sad it is indeed, that all "old" or / " ex-" collectors are / were selling their cards to him? I mean, another new collector will anyway pay a reasonable price, maybe the half, what he is offering, but anyway, it will be in hands of someome, who will know the value of such a card!...

Maybe we have to have a rule like Ferrari has: " You need to own other Ferraris, and to be known in the community, to able to buy a Ferrari Enzo".

• Haha, da die Pelztiere selber sehr viel an Kühlleistung benötigen sind die Temperaturen der v6k aktuell schlimmer als mit normalen Lüftern xD Daher friert die Karte selbst bei 166MHz ein ^^

• Haha, da die Pelztiere selber sehr viel an Kühlleistung benötigen sind die Temperaturen der v6k aktuell schlimmer als mit normalen Lüftern Daher friert die Karte selbst bei 166MHz ein

HAHA xD
    schade nur das wegen diesen Unfugs die Karte mit Plastik70 und Harz versaut wurde :grr:
    Ich hoffe TM lernt daraus und macht vorher Versuche mit Serienkarten!

3dfx SYSTEME (Silent/low Noise) Windows 98 SE:

QDI Legend V2200 AGP +Diamond Monster 3D +Videologic Apocalypse 3Dx | ASUS P2B-B | PII 450 | 128MB | 32GB CF
    Matrox G400 MAX +Matrox m3D +Orchid Righteous 3D² SLI | ASUS P3B-F | PIII 1100 | 256MB | 8GB CF
    Voodoo 5 5500 AGP | ASUS TUSL2-M | PIII-S 1400 | 256MB | 120GB SSD
    Voodoo 5 5500 AGP | EPoX EP-8K5A3+ | AthlonXP 3000+ | 512MB | 16GB CF |

• So an offtopic question:

is there any possibility now to buy one V56K? except to ask this TM ?

Depending on the condition and revision of the V 56 K card, a reasonable price for a running one should be between 1200 and 1800 Euros.
    This is my opinion and the most of us in this scene I suppose.
    Hence all prices above 2000.- are bullshit. So mail Gold Leader - he is a guy with well knowledge about this or refer to his owners list.

T/M bait all his sellers with over the top going money offers. So why should someone to be resent it them? This is the capitalism way of things. Yes - I'm afraid so.

Good luck to you finding a good one from a fair seller to a appropriate price.

So Long
    - Backfire -

• Haha, da die Pelztiere selber sehr viel an Kühlleistung benötigen sind die Temperaturen der v6k aktuell schlimmer als mit normalen Lüftern xD Daher friert die Karte selbst bei 166MHz ein ^^

Habe ich doch gleich gesagt... Der Typ ist einfach dämlich im Kopf, das ist alles.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Habe ich doch gleich gesagt... Der Typ ist einfach dämlich im Kopf, das ist alles.

Das Problem ist nur, er hat Geld ohne ende und anscheinend keine Probleme es aus dem Fenster zu werfen

VoodooAlert IRC Channel

Und hier noch ein blöder Spruch den nicht jeder sehen kann.
    :spitze: Anscheinend ist es ja mittlerweile modern, Schriftfarben zu nutzen die man nur in einem der beiden Designs sehen kann :spitze:

• Viel Geld und eingeschränkte kognitive Fähigkeiten sind zumeist eine tödliche Kombination...

Ja, leider für die Voodoo 5 6000 :( Aber was diesem Smiley :steinigung: passiert könnte ja auch unserem Freund passieren xD

CryptonNite: Yup, vielleicht stirbt die v6k ja bald den Hitzetod. Aber selbst wenn er die Temperaturen noch in den Griff bekommt, die Karte wird er mit ziemlich Sicherheit nicht schneller bekommen als schon mit der normalen Wakü.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Löschzwerg (1. März 2013 um 08:04)

• And AGAIN TM gives the wrong example on how 3dfx should be memorized...
    http://www.falconfly.de/cgi-bin/yabb2/…=1362134586/2#2

Someone tries to make a topic what it's all so pro TM even without using his name and he doesn't read the Topic Start and goes his way, I am glad VA is saved from this villain.
    It seems that FalconFly has a problem on his hands there, as for 3dfxzone.it there is still some hope I hope to pass along, since I plan to help Glide and his team to make 3dfxzone.it the place it once was. every 3dfx forum I have been to TM is spamming the place all with his stupid experiments, I think people are finally realizing that his crap isn't interesting anymore.

Imagine if he keeps spamming places as he is not to 2023 and beyond... :thumbdown: That would totally suck a$$ if you'd ask me.