Ich hatte das urspruenglich bei Vogons gepostet, moechte Euch das aber nicht vorenthalten
I did a small overview how glide looks on various 3dfx cards. The images are captured from VGA Out of the card. Gain/saturation/brightness/contrast setting was kept the same for all grabs.
Voodoo1 with 8 MB, so I could set 800x600 resolution.
Voodoo2 with 12 MB
Voodoo3 2000 AGP
Voodoo4 4500 PCI
Voodoo5 5500 AGP
The image is the bridge of the Vortex Rikers from Unreal.
The whole series can be downloaded here: ftp://220.127.116.11/pictures/3dfx_compare/
[Blocked Image: ftp://18.104.22.168/pictures/3dfx_compare/Voodoo1.png]
[Blocked Image: ftp://22.214.171.124/pictures/3dfx_compare/Voodoo2.png]
Voodoo Banshee 16 bit
[Blocked Image: ftp://126.96.36.199/pictures/3dfx_compare/VoodooBanshee.png]
[Blocked Image: ftp://188.8.131.52/pictures/3dfx_compare/Voodoo3.png]
[Blocked Image: ftp://184.108.40.206/pictures/3dfx_compare/Voodoo4_16.png]
Voodoo4 16bit 2xFSAA
[Blocked Image: ftp://220.127.116.11/pictures/3…are/Voodoo4_16_2xFSAA.png]
[Blocked Image: ftp://18.104.22.168/pictures/3dfx_compare/Voodoo4_32.png]
Voodoo4 32bit 2xFSAA
[Blocked Image: ftp://22.214.171.124/pictures/3…are/Voodoo4_32_2xFSAA.png]
[Blocked Image: ftp://126.96.36.199/pictures/3dfx_compare/voodoo5_16.png]
Voodoo5 16bit Single Chip
[Blocked Image: ftp://188.8.131.52/pictures/3…voodoo5_16_singlechip.png]
Voodoo5 16bit 2xFSAA
[Blocked Image: ftp://184.108.40.206/pictures/3…are/voodoo5_16_2xFSAA.png]
Voodoo5 16bit 4xFSAA
[Blocked Image: ftp://220.127.116.11/pictures/3…are/voodoo5_16_4xFSAA.png]
[Blocked Image: ftp://18.104.22.168/pictures/3dfx_compare/voodoo5_32.png]
Voodoo5 32bit Single Chip
[Blocked Image: ftp://22.214.171.124/pictures/3…voodoo5_32_singlechip.png]
Voodoo5 32bit 2xFSAA
[Blocked Image: ftp://126.96.36.199/pictures/3…are/voodoo5_32_2xFSAA.png]
Voodoo5 32bit 4xFSAA
[Blocked Image: ftp://188.8.131.52/pictures/3…are/voodoo5_32_4xFSAA.png]
What I noticed:
- Voodoo2 seems to be even a bit worse than Voodoo1 with the dithering.
- Overall color changes sometimes to a green tint, also by enabling FSAA f.e.
- Voodoo Banshee shows no dithering artefacts and sharp edges.
- Voodoo3s edges are not as sharp as with Banshee (due to the DAC post effect?).
- FSAA on Voodoo4 and 5 seems to get rid of the texture seam visible on the left side.
- Single Chip mode seem to get rid of the dithering seen in multi chip mode, which is actually worse than with a Voodoo4 or 3. It looks like a weak version of the dithering seen with Voodoo2.
- FSAA changes the color tint a bit and far textures seem to get sharper, while in the front some dithering grid appears on Voodoo4 2xFSAA (in 16 and 32 bit mode), edges however are nicely antialiased. The dithering is not visible on Voodoo5 with 2xFSAA.
- with FSAA on Voodoo5 the texture offset seem to shift slightly on the surfaces.