• Die V5 6000 wäre natürlich noch so ein Highlight in der Sammlung, aber irgendwo ist eine Grenze erreicht, welche selbst mit viel Verrücktheit nicht mehr übersprungen wird.

• Ach komm, du willst es doch auch! :topmodel:

Da gibts doch Möglichkeiten:

- Koks verticken

- Anschaffen gehen

- Bank überfallen

- Lotto spielen

:topmodel:

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• :D

Er nu' wieder. LOL xD

Du meinst also, es gibt immer 'ne Lösung! :spitze:

Gold Leader

But it is also conceivable that the defect with the artifacts has already been repaired. If you are on the ball, you can ask the seller about it and check whether he is honest and can be trusted. It is possible that the HINT has already been replaced. Of course, this is not visible in the auction. And the seller may be afraid that if he states that the card has been repaired, it could be worth less.

- Backfire -

• I know who the seller is, it's the person I DM'ed you about, not going to talk to them, just an other greedy capitalist on my black list and yes I have dealt with their crap at x-3dfx we got rid of them when they were advertising this on our page, our number one rule is that our group is not for sales, advertising and spamming sales etc.

It's purpose is for keeping 3dfx alive for enjoying the cards we have etc, sharing our experiences what games we used to play and still play with our 3dfx cards, greedy sellers are pretty much doomed and terminated from all my servers, we don't ave time for such types.

So no I will not contact the seller, sorry.

I even have plans for leaving the 3dfx scene completely, I'm just so done with everything.

• i would be very curious about this tyan board behaviour. i suggest any owner of my 2 or 4-chip cards conduct long-term reliability tests on it. if the card fails, i'll fix it for free or replace it with a new one.

• i would be very curious about this tyan board behaviour. i suggest any owner of my 2 or 4-chip cards conduct long-term reliability tests on it. if the card fails, i'll fix it for free or replace it with a new one.

that would be too much loss for you friend. I don't want you to run in funding issues.

• actually only one card to sacrifice to shed a little light over this mystery.

it si NOT a fable it is NOT a hoax, I have had several reports from Rev.A2 2600 users as well as Rev.A3 3400 & rev.A 3700 users from TYAN 760MPX based boards, most related issues were artifacting after some time of use on a daily basis, the moment the cards were used in the EP8K5A2+ or the EP-8K3A+ or the EP-8K7A+ the instabilities were gone but the card was kind of damaged due to the misuse in these TYAN boards.

I only can rely on the info people have given me and if it's more than 3 people which it was 6 cases I list all TYAN 760 based boards as Unreliable.

the Voodoo5 6000 list here at VA can't seem to be edited I have made this report earlier that the TYAN 760 boards should be moved to the Orange section and listed as Partially Supported, the cards do boot but they will get damaged over time.

Would it of been nice if I was given videos and screenshots or photo's of the happenings, yea sure but I didn't all I got was reports so I did what I knew best to aid those people at the time.

I been out of this for many years now, I can only tell what I know, and I don't think it's a good idea to use original 3dfx Voodoo5 600's as test subjects to filter this out one card death is already too much of a loss, since not many are left.

p.s.
    Sorry for posting this here feel free to move this post elsewhere, I am just replying to the conversation being held here.

Peace.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (6. Februar 2023 um 13:14)

• Irgendwie ist für mich das ganze schwer vorstellbar, das wirklich jemand bereit ist das zu bezahlen. Ernsthaft jetzt - so viel dafür auszugeben.

Aus dem Aspekt heraus, das sie es wert ist, nur um sie zu haben.

Ich weiß das auch hier schon einige völlig irrsinnige Preise bezahlt haben - und ich schon Angebote von 8000.-€ für meine erhalten habe.

Andererseits - wenn so mancher schon knappe 1000.-€ auszugeben bereit ist, für eine Mainstream-Karte die eine V5 5500 AGP oder "gehypte" PCI (was ich bis heute nicht begreife) dann wird mich so bald nichts mehr wundern.

Aber eine Auktion, ist eben ein Spiegel dessen was manche darin als Wert sehen. Senn sie denn wahrhaftig und ohne Preistreiberei abläuft.

Geht die für über 11K weg ist das besiegelt und die nächsten werden da drüber gehen. Bin gespannt wann die bei 20K ankommen.

Für ne Grafikkarte - echt jetzt - :bonk:

Ist doch nicht normal, Menschenskind!

- Backfire -

• I will happily BAN such greedy types from all my communities, such people will never get my support they can really go fuck themselves for all I care, Greedy capitalists do not belong in our humble 3dfx community...
    They only cause unwanted harm, what if other people start selling their cards for these insane amounts, do any of the VA people have the slightest idea what ripple effect that will create?

This hobby will only be for the rich greedy brain dead people.
    Then they come crawling back to us because their cards have defects... Whelp I'm like let 'em rot.
    I will only focus on people I know and trust, more not, I helped the wrong people too many times, I could of prevented this stupid sale, if I didn't help that Declan guy this card would of been safer at Markus' place.

So I do take blame for this happening.

It is my nature to help people, this nature is dying off because of these unwanted outcomes ...
    Go figure right.

• Ich verstehe nicht was es da am Preis zu diskutieren gibt.

schaut mal was ne V2 kostet. die gab es mal für 10-15 Euro, und die gehen Heute auch für 100 über den Tresen...

Und wenn es eines auf dieser Welt gibt, dann sind es Leute die nicht wissen wohin mit dem Schotter ^^

Und der letzte Sale einer 6K bei Ebay ist auch schon 4-5 Jahre her und die lief auch schon über 10k $

Das ist einfach mal eine sehr seltene Karte und es gibt einfach genug Leute denen es einfach mal egal ist was es kostet...

und wenn die bei +20K landet wird es bestimmt in der nächsten Zeit weitere sales geben.

Schaut Euch mal die Preise für Pokemon oder Baseball Sammelkarten an... ^^ Da sind selbst 20k noch ein Schnapper

Aso, so Commodore C65 Prototypen gehen mittlerweile auch um die 100k bei Ebay... ich glaube das wird sicher auch irgendwann mal bei den 6k dran stehen.... Also das Ende ist sicher noch lange nicht erreicht :|

• "Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Ja, doch! Der Typ in den Kleinanzeigen, der gerade ca. 90 Targa Visionarys verkauft! Der scheint Mauern aus den Dingern hoch zu ziehen.

• Hou... :!: Gnarrr ich stehe ja irgendwie auf Deine schonungslosen Metaphern CryptonNite ^^

- Backfire -