Sveta-2002 the rebuild of my beloved 3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP PC :)

• This system is getting a sweet little upgrade , a the motherboard goes :)

Behold the Legendary EpoX EP-8K3A+ Rev 1.2 8)

Top View + Retention Bracket

Top view only board:

Rear view:

Northbridge Heatskink + New Capacitors closeup

Debug Leds

Headshot

Major thanks for Daywhite_81 for helping me out for that mobo :)

The EPoX EP-8K3A+ is the best motherboard with the VIA Apollo KT333 Chipset that can be used with all six revisions of the 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Engineering Samples
    which are the following cards:

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A0 0700 + Comdex 2x2 Dummy board

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A1 1500

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A2 2600

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A3 3400

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3900

Stay tuned for more 8)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (9. Juni 2018 um 13:54)

• Hey all :)

Today I have built in the EPoX EP-8KTA3+ Rev 1.2 in the system :)

That went fine as you can see here:

Here the Motherboard neatly built in:

Here from a different perspective:

Here I Zoomed in a bit just showing the Mobo and all the cards neatly in place:

Here I took a shot showing the V5's fans and the other cards from the other side:

Here the front view of Sveta-2002:

And the back panel:

Until this happened xD:gadget::topmodel:

All in all, Win2K Pro USA + SP4 & RU1 for SP4 is installed and all is running great

After this I fixed the Floppy it was connected correctly only the Onboard FDC was disabled, FDC short for Floppy Disk Controller.
    As for that no 80 pin Flat Cable issue, the one I use now for my HDD seems to be 40 pins, so I need to get 80pins to replace that.
    Secondly a new case & PSU will also be purchased to give this system a new home, a new look and better airflow is also welcome.
    All that with Blue & Yellow 30cm CCFL' s from Sharkoon for the fancy finishing touch :topmodel:

This will be a new PC with a retro insides, the Case will be a Lian Li PC-7HWX
    Stay tuned for lots more on this upgrade.

Now I am enjoying DXX-Rebirth 0.58.1 with a fix for Win2K Users my Voodoo5 5500 AGP does 130 -140 fps @ 1024 x 768 x32 maxed out settings :)

You can see the V5 5500 AGP in running D1X-Rebirth 0.58.1 under Win2K here:
    Sveta 2002 in action with D1X-Rebirth 0.58.1 + D1X Retro 1.3

Feels like home again playing on this system :love::D

Here that topic where I got the fix from :)
    http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/frm/index.php/…3.html#msg22073

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (9. Juni 2018 um 14:05)

• Hey all :)

Well I replaced the CMOS batter, it's 3.20 volts now always better than 2.76 Volts ;)

After running Unreal + Return to Na Pali + FInal Releast Path 2.26 with 3dfx Glide API + FSAA x4, here some wonderful screenshots I made along the way :)

The Crashed Vortex Rikers Prison ship!

Vortex Rikers NC114-85EKLS

The lovely lake down there xD

How these Tyderium Crystals were made was pretty awesome for it's day they even gave a certain Glow Flow effect, was really neat :)

Tyderium Crystals also give a very cool blue glow effect

Here I was able to screenshot that flowing effect, which caused a flow effect on the flow as it radiated it's glow:

One of my faved maps in the game Map 06 - Temple of Chizra:

This room was also nice, lovely lighting effects as well:

Unreal has a very ambient yet atmospheric feel to it, not many games achieved this, which makes Unreal unique:

A Portal which takes you back to the place where you can go to Map 07 -Temple of Chizra Ceremonial:

Level design was very nice as were details on certain surfaces like that door down there :)

A Room with Lava, the orange mist was done to simulate the heat coming from the lava also how the lava glow lights up this room, as being the main light source, that too was a good idea :)

Here my final resting point a secret room a safe room in general :)

All in all Unreal is still amazing even to this very day , this game is a good 18 years old now but still just by playing it again, it's still one of the best single player game ever made :)
    I will gladly make more screenshots as I play this and I will keep you posted :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (9. Juni 2018 um 14:11)

• When I start the rebirth exe under Win2k SP4 I got this error: The procedure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll. I think that the WS2_32.dll under my Win2k is too old? On google I found another user with the same problem and Win2ksp4. the answer is: D2X-XL is not compatible with Windows 2000 and XP is the minimum.

The getaddrinfo function was added to the Ws2_32.dll on Windows XP and later. To execute an application that uses this function on earlier versions of Windows, then you need to include the Ws2tcpip.h and Wspiapi.h files."

In plain English: this means D2X-XL is not compatible with Windows 2000, sorry.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aslinger (29. April 2016 um 19:18)

• Not quite. The [freeaddrinfo()] TCP function was introduced with the NT5.2 Win32 API (Server 2003, XP x64), and seems to be supported only on Windows Vista and higher for regular Desktops. Even a normal Windows XP 32-Bit should not support that function.

So in essence, from what I'm seeing: It won't run on Windows 2000.

Edit: Ah, you edited! :) WinXP 32-bit is indeed working? It's sometimes a bit hard to find out what OS supports what functions depending on their update level...

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Haai all

Sorry for not being here I was busy with other communities as well here' the patch you need and it's DXX-Rebirth not D2X-XL you donuts xD :topmodel: :D

Download it from the url Herhass gives here:
    http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/frm/index.php/…7.html#msg22097

then use the D1X.ini & D2x.ini file A Future Pilot provided here:
    http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/frm/index.php/…6.html#msg21436

As my friend Derhas explains here:
    http://www.dxx-rebirth.com/frm/index.php/…1.html#msg22101

Just ona side not only DXX-Rebirth works with 3dfx Voodoo4 &5 and not D2X-XL.

DXX-Rebirth is from zico which is from here:
    http://www.dxx-rebirth.com

D2X-XL is from Diedel aka Karx11erx which is here:
    http://www.descent2.de

Just to keep out confusion, if you need help please feel free to ask I am here to help the best ways I can even I feel I don't do well at explaining things, I just try it hah xD:steinigung::topmodel:

• Thx, I will test it tomorrow.

• Thx, it starts. The 3dfx logo comes, when i start the game, so it must use OpenGL. :) But with some graphics problems on the right corner. And the pc hangs up with a corrupted screen on windows, when I exit Descent 2.

I use the mesa FX Version 6.3. Is there a newer Version of this file for the Voodoo 5 cards?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aslinger (30. April 2016 um 10:20)

• Nah man :) What you need is a special driver ps47 helped me prepare for my 3dfx Voodoo5 test system which I used to Bug test DXX-Rebirth on 3dfx Voodoo5 cards.
    This is because that DXX-Rebirth takes use of OpenGL ES 1.2, not your every day thing, this was done so DXX-Rebirth can even be played with Smart phones etc, making it as Multi purpose as possible ;)

But I was like oh okay then, this has to work on a 3dfx VSA-100 as well then,so I went to ps47 gave him a good look at Rebirth and he had a fix for me he used SFFT Alpha 41 this driver used the latest 3dfx Beta Binaries.
    So to give 3dfx Napalm this needed OpenGL ES 1.2 support in the proper way, ps47 simply modified SFFT Alpha 41 driver by giving it OpenGL ES 1.2 Support and I really have no idea how, but none the less this woerked.

Here is that driver:

SFFT Alpha 41 Modified by ps47 for Win2K/XP
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8032364/sfftalpha41_custom.rar

And just use the latest 3dfx Tools Control Panel to use with this or Kool Smokey's V Control 1.82b :)
    Both work just fine.

Kool Smokey's V. Control 1.82b for Win2K/XP
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8032364/v_ctrl-v182b.zip

The Latest 3dfx Tools Control Panel for Win2K/XP
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8032364/3dfxtools-v261110.zip

If you need help with the settings feel free to ask I have my 3dfx Voodoo5 5500 AGP System ready to support and aid others that want to play Descent 1 & 2 with DXX-Rebirth 0.58.1 and the Win2K Fix on their V4 & V5 Cards.
    Daytona & Ramapage might work as well, but I can not guarantee that as I never worked with those odd balls before.

Also You do not need MesaFX for this, just that driver ps47modified and that I final tested to make sure 3dfx V5's run this just fine 8)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (30. April 2016 um 23:03)

• At finally I can play Descent 2 Rebirth with the latest Mesa FX0.63 Version. :D 1280x1024 and 2xaa around 35-70 fps with the V5 6000. Without AA I get 130-190 fps in this resolution. You can activate the fps counter in the options menu.

• Well as long you used the driver I have applied of course it will work.

A Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 @ 167Mhz Cores/mem does 200fps @ 1024 x 768 x32 and about 150 fps @ 1600 x 1200 x32 both Reso's no FSAA.
    That was from when I tested it; and yeah I still miss my 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 with that EIZO FlexScan T662-T 20" CRT xD 1600 x 1200 x 32 @ 100 Hertz :)

Here a pic of it btw:

And the insides :)

My Card that I nick named Green Leader:

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (9. Juni 2018 um 14:16)

• Hey all ,

Yesterday I ran Mad Onion's 3DMark2001SE on this V5 system and I got a sweet 2763 points default run@ 1024 x 768 x32 :D
    Quite good for what it is, I didn't OC anything either, all because overclocking has never been my kind of thing, just thought it would be fun to see what it would do

Here the score + test results:

Here the System specs:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (9. Juni 2018 um 14:20)

• Anyways I have restored this entire thread, due to the newVA website changes.

Plus I am going to do a replay of Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II @ 1024x768x16 in 3dfx Glide API with Rotated Grid Super Sampled FSAA x4 :)

Stay tuned for my V5 funs :)

Here some pics I took :)

As you see a 5500 AGP in my AXP 2700+ ran this game very well@ 1024x768x16 with FSAA x4 mode.

My average frame rate stuck around 41 fps or so good enough to make it enjoyable.

3dfx Voodoo5 6000 owners can use their FSAA x8 setting with this game at 1024x768x16 quite easily as well :)

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (10. Juni 2018 um 15:31)

• do you happen to know what brand that black with silver case is from? i have been looking for this exact model for months without success, as i wish to build a replica of my old computer which had this very case

this one: https://www.voodooalert.de/board/index.ph…1-system-5-jpg/

no idea really, it was some cheap case I bought at Silverstar Computer Service back in 2004, they don't exist anymore it could of been from Sweex , I really don't remember.
    it was missing one of it's feet and due to it's ganky construction I got rid of it and replaced it with an A-Open H600-B.