Voodoo 1 Sli how it should be?

• does anyone have any thoughts about voodoo 1 sli implementation?

[Blockierte Grafik: https://i.imgur.com/RvmAqWt.jpg]
    as i see there are gal and some unknown chips near to sli connector.

this place can be examined in hi-res here:
    [Blockierte Grafik: http://mail.lipsia.de/~enigma/neu/pics/3dfx_voodoo_magic3dplus.jpg]

i wish to connect pair of 50sb slave cards to each other. think v1 sli connection may be very similar to v2 but with some kind of peculiarities

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Anthony (16. November 2016 um 20:52)

• So you want to solder the missing parts to two Voodoo Graphics and make them work in SLI...or try to get some results?

Gary has a pair of 100DBs (Voodoo Graphics SLI with two cards). Ask him for high-res pictures.

• i'd like to find out how to properly wire sli setup. one of required chips is gal, so without it dump it will be very tricky. i have 100sb, but, as i suspect, there is some role in sli connection plays clpd xl9572. at this moment i don't quite understand from what point i should begin to explore wiring

may be 100sb lacks second chip because it lines driver and needed only on two boards to add more strenght to signals goes through sli bridge

i need some advice from someone familiar with hardware design

• You want to get two 50SB to work together. A 100DB is a SLI-compund of two 50SB. But these cards have a different PCB.
    You posted a picture of a Magic3D Plus with the soldering points very similar to the 100DB.

The 100SB is SLI on one PCB. Different layout, other chips...

And you want to look at a 100SB to get information to get two 50SB to work together? Why :?::?: :?:

If you get a glimpse of success share it with us. But I don't think your way is the right one.

• You don't say. The 50SB and the 100SB have the same chips. Both are Voodoo Graphics.
    But if you want to rebuild a SLI-compound with two cards, why not look at the solution Q3D built already with two cards?

Have fun...

• Both FBI chips feeding one ramdac. Pixel address lines are simple combined. But pixel clock and blank signals are most obscure parts. they goes from slave card thru gal chip to be combined with master card signals, but who knows how it actually going inside. need some help from ramdac familiar person. not much hope, though

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Anthony (19. November 2016 um 04:46)