Having hard time running new VA website on my 3dfx PC's

• Hmm it would be nice if the VA site owner could apply GAT's fix to it, that would make it easier for everyone here, so it's a forever setting over a temporal one, just my views there, all that code stuff is abracadabra for me.

Even viewing the pics you posted , GAT looks worth applying to the site's main code, just dunno how the site owner feels about it tho.

• Hmm it would be nice if the VA site owner could apply GAT's fix to it, that would make it easier for everyone here, so it's a forever setting over a temporal one, just my views there, all that code stuff is abracadabra for me.

No. Somebody likes the new style, especially when using mobile devices.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von CryptonNite (3. Juni 2018 um 08:50)

• Gold Leader: You don't need to write or even understand CSS code or anything, all that's required is the installation of the "Stylish" browser extension and then the copying & pasting of the correct text (there are only two versions, so no big deal if you paste the wrong one either, just use the other one), and maybe applying it to https://www.voodooalert.de depending on your version of Stylish (one dropdown field click, one text field with the URL). For the user, no writing or understanding code is required at all.

However, integrating it into the websites' own design is not trivial. It's not about whether Ernesto likes my design or whether he doesn't, it's just tedious work. And then the thing is, that parts do come from theme CSS, so once the themes get updated, the CSS may get overwritten. Also, when the base forum software gets updated, it can never be guaranteed that there won't be any core/template CSS being overwritten as well, wrecking the sites' design as a result.

This is why you don't want to modify software like WBB3 with dirty hacks. The more manual changes you make, the more you maneuver yourself into maintenance hell. The proper way would be for me to build an actual WBB3 theme employing the classic style.

But my answer to that unfortunately has to be "no thank you", because work. Lots of it. ;)

Notably, VA-Classic may also break when the forum get's updated. But it's easily switched off and also more easy to fix than messing with the server-side CSS I believe. And it doesn't put more work on Ernestos' plate that way!

CryptonNite: Just for fun I just tried to apply my VA-Classic style on my phone as well, as Stylish 3.1.1 actually works on the mobile Firefox. The results aren't as bad as expected, but it's definitely not helpful either, as it does more things wrong than it does right.

As I have no personal interest in altering the mobile version of the site, I will not adapt VA-Classic for such a purpose. I deem VA-Classic unsuitable for mobile devices, it's purely for Desktop PCs and users who like more classic desktop designs.

This is one more argument against applying my CSS to the website globally.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Well I am getting used to the new look I have to admit how to add pics and posting them I do love that mechanic :)

Due to my autism changes are extremely complicated for me to adapt to, but yeah I just need more time to adjust so far I think it's going alright , VA does look new and stylish so hey it's not all bad :)

• Well I am getting used to the new look I have to admit how to add pics and posting them I do love that mechanic :)

Due to my autism changes are extremely complicated for me to adapt to, but yeah I just need more time to adjust so far I think it's going alright , VA does look new and stylish so hey it's not all bad :)

:spitze:

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300