Blue-Leader SMP 2009 gets a Revamp!

• Hey all

Some time ago my Dual Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0 had a short circuit and damaged the motherboard that SLI would not function no more, but with one card the motherboard does seem to run fine,but I prefer max functions so I decided to replace the motherboard with a new one new from old stock, add 4x 4GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Server ram and buy a nice GPU for it which became a Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 Fury Nitro 4GB 4096Bit HBM, my first HBM based card :)

The setup changes are in details the following:

Blue-Leader SMP 2009 - setup from 2009 to 2018

2x Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0 Istanbuls 12 Cores @ 2.6Ghz

4x 4GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram (16GB NUMA Dual Channel DDR2-800 ECC Reg / 1.33GB per Core)

Supermicro H8DAE-2

2x EVGA GTX 480

Realtek onbioard ALC 883 7.1 HD sound

From that to this:

Blue-Leader SMP 2009 - setup from 2018 and onwards

2x Six-Core AMD OpteronDP 2435 D0 Istanbuls 12 Cores @ 2.6Ghz

8x 4GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value Ram (32GB NUMA Dual Channel DDR2-800 ECC Reg / 2.67GB per Core)

Supermicro H8DAE-2

1x Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 Fury Nitro+ PCI-E 4GB 4096Bit HBM

Auzentech X-Fi Forte PCI-E 64MB 128Bit XRAM 7.1 HD Sound card.

The parts I bought this morning for a total of 497.97 Euro are the following and all via ebay as well within the EU so no custom taxes!

ALl parts are new from old stock which is ideal!

1x Supermicro H8DAE-2 with 2 year warranty for 200 Euro's incl free shipping from UK to NL

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/SUPERMICRO…fQAAOSw5IFa2mt~

2 Sets of 2x 4GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg HP ProLiant Server Ram for 23 Euro incl shipping from UK to NL

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/HP-Prolian…353.m2749.l2649

1x Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 Fury Nitro+ PCI-E 4GB 4096Bit HBM for 265 Eur incl shipping from Austria to NL

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Sapphire-R…353.m1438.l2649

All that for under the 500 Euro mark :)

So here is Blue-Leader SMP 2009 up and running with 32GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg HP/Kingston Server Ram & it's Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 Fury Nitro PCI-E 4GB 4096Bit HBM!

And of course I played my favorite Tiesto live set from May 10, 2003 Live in Gerle Dome, in Arnhem, The Netherlands

Tiesto was the first artist to do a solo concert in front of 25.000 people rofl xD :topmodel:

Here pics of the newly added 4x 4GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg from HP/Hynix

Here some pics of the monstrous Fury Nitro:

I didn't add in the sound card yet, I will do that once I have received the Supermicro H8DAE-2 replacement board.

Stay tuned for more :)

Just a shame the new forum software is very impractical as it doesn't support basic HTML to post pictures, a major disadvantage.

Making edits isn't easy as it used to be :X

Especially when you make an edit, the post you actually made doe not always show everything it should be doing.

7 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (2. Juni 2018 um 18:30)

• A Fury card, nice! I'm using a Fury X since Release and I really like it :)

Nice Upgrade you did there, proper AMD System now 8)

As for the pictures: It's not possible to use pictures from external hosters anymore (at least it's not possible to embedd it into the post).

But that's no problem at all, because you can comfortably upload directly here and integrate them into your post. This is done via "Dateianhänge" underneath the editor :)

• Ahh right I have the site in English so that would be under Attachments , okay, just have to figure it all out, yesterday was a weird day tho.

Every time I started windows 7 and after logging in I got the Black Screen of Death, CTRL + ALT + DELETE didn't work I tried to repair the bootup sequence but also a no go got an error, then I used my Win7 Update Disk and used that to repair the bootup sequence and that did work, I did disable some of the later windows updates and so far it works but damn it was a hell.

When this system was built I bought it with Win Vista Business x64 + SP2 and the Win7 Pro Upgrade package which I would get sent to me free as a Win7 Pro Upgrade disk hence why I have the upgrade. It was a Dual OpteronDP 2380 C2 Shanghai at the time 8x 2.5Ghz with 4x 4GB PC2-6400 ECC Reg Kingston Value ram, now it's a Dual OpteronDP 2435 D0 Istanbul 12x 2.6Ghz and 8x 4GB Kingston/HP Hynix PC2-6400 ECC Reg so yeah nice changes have happened for is oldie, it's also my Minecraft server since May 27, 2009, so it has great value for me, over 4.2 Billion cubes have been used, I use it to build buildings and places i been to in my dreams so I can keep revisiting them. Over 95 train cart tracks have been made all working, it was one hell of a project and every time something new is built in a new location I always connect it with a train track so every new location is connected.

Here the specs of this system :)

So In Safe mode i was making preparations for a reinstall putting all my important data on my file server the Dual OpteronDP 285 E6 OST on it's ASUS K8N-DL.

But now it works again not knowing when it will happen again, the same happened with my Dual 12 Core AMD OpteronMP 6180 SE D1 and it's Supermicro H8DG6-F but I managed to find a good restore point and yeah nothing bad.

I don't know why Black screens happen if I can find out that I may be able to prevent it.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (2. Juni 2018 um 21:24)

• The black screens may be happen due the Meltdown / Spectre updates from MS.

I had likely the same problems here with my old C2Q-System based on the DFI LP-UT P45 T2RS with 8 GB Mushkin Black Line DDR II 1066 and Xeon X5470 at 4,0 GHz.

There are some updates that preventing my system from booting up. With any other operating system than Windows, everything is fine...

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Well I never had the meltdown / Spectre issues no need for me to have them I just cancelled the updates that caused the issues thankfully the Dual Opty 6180 SE D1 had a restore point before windows update and that worked as for the Dual 2435 D0 I used system restore via the Win7 DVD and that too worked thus I disabled the updates that would follow that may cause it so far no more issues thankfully.

• Subnautica @ max settings @ 1920x1200x32 been gaming for about an hour and the GPU doesn't go beyond 73C with fanspeed @ 24% just nice :)
    Pretty good temps for a R9 Fury I was like :)

I might use MSI Afterbruuner to adjust my fan curve, unless AMD's Watt man is a better idea?
    Any advice from other Fury owners is surely welcome :)

• Hey all

Here's a nice update; the Supermicro H8DAE-2 arrived from the UK!

All I need now is a new SSD since 120GB isn't big enough for me to work with.

I decided to buy a Crucial M500 960GB SSD for around 140 Euro in italy, this should do me lots better than that Intel 120GB SSD the system has now.

Here's the H8DAE-2 btw:

top view:

rear view:

Made in Taiwan, I did get worried after seeing this, but I think it's just over use of solder and flux:

It seems two new capacitors were placed. it's Revision is 2.01A it's date is 09 19 meaning it's from Year 2009 Week 19.

headshot showing the outer connectors:

Here a nice photo of the North Bridge, South Bridge & NF200 chip heatsinks with the IPMI, PCI-E & PCI-X Slots in the background:

Ram slots layout and power connectors placement which are neatly up along top edge:

Other than that it seems to be in fine shape.