Meine erste Voodoo Möhre ...^^ - Kritik und Anregungen gewünscht ^^

• Win98 SE is useless when it comes to 2CPU configs I would highly suggest using Win2K pro + SP4 with a Dual Boot for that setup.

98SE even with Un-Official Service packs will not give SMP support, it's limited to one CPU only.
    Unless you have found a way top bypass that, yet I hardly doubt that since 98SE was not designed to work with Multi CPU platforms anyways.

But quite a decent setup there if you plan on using 2K on it or so :)

• lommodore:

Gerne! Wie gesagt, hau noch die aktuelle Beta 1014.003 drauf, die läuft auf meinem P2B-D auch anstandslos.

Gold Leader:

We all know about that Win9x isn't capable of supporting more than one CPU, I think. It is also my point of view to not leave one CPU useless, so I would never install Win9x on a multi core machine. But in this case lommodore wants to use Win98SE AND Win2k, so it's barely OK in my opinion.

kind regards

soggi

• Eigentlich hatte ich gar nicht geplant, auf Dual CPU zu gehen, aber das Board war sehr günstig, ich hatte mir eigentlich direkt vorgenommen mit meiner Voodoo einen Win98 Rechner zu bauen... xD

-----

Actually I didn't plan to go Dual-CPU but the board was very cheap so I took it. I planned to go Windows 98 with my Voodoo already before I got that Board.

• Ah righto makes sense then, Dual Boot is always a nice option :)
    I hope all goes well with this build :)

My P3/EB 933 with it's X-24 runs fine with 2KPro USA + SP4, it's that I have a much better performance experience and the CPU doesn't get as hot as it did with 98 SE, all due to far more efficient CPU usage.

At the moment I am just waiting for my ASUS P3V 4X to arrive, I upgraded from a P3/E 650 to a P3/EB 933 and my EPoX EP-BX3 didn't like the idea of me putting the CPU multiplier at 75 and the FSB at 133Mhz to egt 932Mhz, so the ASUS P3V 4X was the better option as it has native support to 1Ghz and beyond.
    If I recall correctly, this should see some lovely performance boosts of around 43 to 45% and give that X-24 the headroom it needs :)

Nice B747-830i in your avatar :) You in to B747's as well? here an other then :)
    Mine is my 19th scale 1:200 B747 model a Pan American World Airways B747SP-21 from Inflight 200, N538PA "Clipper Princess Grace"
    Nothing touches the Elegance of the Queen of the Skies.

• Jap. ich denke, die Maschine läuft jetzt dank dem Tipp von soggi und dem BETA-BIOS recht gut und stabil. Ich werde die Kiste jetzt mal weitgehend zusammenbauen, ich warte allerdings noch auf ein paar SCSI-Teile die ich günstig bekommen hab, und dann finalisieren. Dann gibts auch Fotos und eine Vorstellung im richtigen Faden. Bei Zeiten räum ich dann mal auf und mach mal Fotos von meinem ganzen Chaos-Arbeitsplatz, vielleicht ist es dann verständlich, dass ich keinen Platz mehr für noch eine Voodoo-Kiste hab xD

Für das Off-Topic: :P

Jap, ich bin auch ein Flugzeugfan, besonders haben mirs die Concorde und alten Boeings von 707 bis 747 Classic angetan ... Ich hab mit für meine Lumix G80 mal eine ordentliche Linse zusammengespart und werd damit demnächst endlich mal Planespotten gehen ...^^

-----

Yep. I think the machine now runs quite well and stable thanks to the tip from soggi and the BETA-BIOS. I'm going to assemble the box now, but I'm still waiting for some SCSI parts that I got cheap, and then finalize. Then there are also photos and a presentation in the right thread. At times I clean up and take pictures of my whole chaos workplace, maybe it's understandable that I don't have room for another voodoo box xD

For the off-topic: :P

I'm also an airplane fan, especially the Concorde and old Boeings from 707 to 747 Classic did it to me... I saved up some money for a good lens for my Lumix G80 and will finally go planespotting at Frankfurt Airport for the first time in the next weeks ...

• Uuuund mal ein Update:

Also erstmal, ihr seid doof. Von wegen 1 Retro-Rechner reicht nicht, jetzt haben sich hier ein P3B-F und GA-6BXC eingefunden, um die ich wohl einen Rechner bauen muss ... :D

Jedenfalls hab ich für n 10er ne Kiste SCSI Hardware erstanden, das werde ich nachher mal sichten und dann das Dual System soweit wie möglich auf SCSI umbauen.

• Klar sind wir doof, sonst wären wir nicht hier! :topmodel:

Permanent aufgebaut:
    A7V133, Athlon 1,4GHz, 512MB, GeForce3 Ti200 128MB, SB Live! X-Gamer
    Für die LAN:
    TUSL2-C, PIII-S 1,4GHz, 512MB, GeForce2 GTS 32MB, 2x Monster II 12M, SB Live!
    TUSL2-C, PIII-S 1,4GHz, 512MB, GeForce2 GTS 32MB, 2x Monster II 12M, SB Live!
    CUSL2-C, PIII 933MHz, 512MB, G400 Max 32MB AGP, 2x 3D Blaster Voodoo² 12MB, SB Live!
    CUSL2-C, PIII 933MHz, 512MB, G400 Max 32MB AGP, 2x Monster II 8MB, SB Live!