Interview of fans or collectores of 3dfx and ex-workers of 3dfx...

• 1.) Who are you (if you agree to tell)?

I'm a guy working in IT within the energy industry.

2.) Which year were you born in (if you agree to tell)?

3.) What was your first contact with 3dfx?

My brother who is a couple of years older than me went to a friend with his PC and I went with him. When they started playing I wondered why the graphics on his friends computer looked so much better and then he told me that he's using a 3dfx 3d accelerator.

4.) What was the first 3dfx graphics card you got?

Diamond Monster Fusion (3dfx Banshee)

5.) Can you tell us what items you have in your collection at the moment?

2x Miro Highscore 2 3D (1 still sealed, one in mint condition), Diamond Monster Fusion, a tray of unused VSA100 chips.

6.) What is your favorite 3Dfx item?

Voodoo 5 6000, what else? ;)

7.) Are you looking for any items specifically at this time?

No. But if somebody would offer a Voodoo 5 6000 or a Quantum3D card for an affordable price, I think it would be though to say "no".

8.) Do you have any anecdote?

No.

9.) For how long do you think the 3dfx following will stay alive on the internet?

That's a good question and I can't answer it precicly. But some people still collect records or photos from the early 20th century, so why shouldn't people collect 3dfx cards in 50 or 60 years? Somehow, they are also a part of our cultural heritage.

10.) How do you collect graphics cards?

Not at all. I just store the three cards I have in a cupboard.

11.) 3dfx was a company of graphics cards but... is was anything more? I see a strange aura when I read about it.

I think there are two points here: First of all, for some people (like me) it was their first contact with 3D games at all and therefor childhood or youth memories. Those are always special. For others, it might be the fact that 3dfx was a pioneer on its field.

12.) Do you know more collectors or fans of 3dfx? Where are they from?

I once met a couple of 3dfx fans at the CeBit fair in Hannover.

13.) How would the world of 3D without 3dfx?

Probably it would be the same, but this forum would be dedicated to some other company. Simply somebody else would have done it.

14.) In your opinion, what was the key of the success of 3dfx?

Delivering products the people really want. But I guess that's the key for every successful company.

15.) Do you know Quantum3D or other spin-off of 3dfx?

I only know Quantum3d, quite impressive cards.

16.) What do you think about Rampage, Fear or Mojo?

No idea.

17.) What is your opinion about VSA-100?

In my opinion it was an interesting concept of scaling performance by scaling the amount of chips on one board. But the lack of Hardware TnL was a mistake I think.

I just left question 18/19 out because I have nothing to say on that matter.

• If you still need more replys can i also fill in some shit and if you need some help with testing or images then am i also ready to help :)

I tend to love more high-end 3dfx stuff like Quantum3D based systems and make some april fools that relate to high-end 3dfx based hardware - for no good reason.

"Why so serious!"

• I finished the article and a friend is checking it, I will translate to English this month and I will send you the draft. When you confirm the contain, it will be published in retromaniac magazine in Spanish and English like a preview of the book. Thanks to all to help me :)

• Freu mich schon drauf! :)

Looking forward to seeing it! :)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Hello.

I have just sent the article in English by PM to the interviewers and relax, I didn't translate it :P

If someone see a mistake or he want to say more, advise me before of on Wesnesday. I will upload it for Halloween and I will put the link here.

Thanks to all :D