Goldfinger device for Athlon Slot A

• Hi, I am building a retro PC with an Athlon Slot A, and I am looking for a Goldfinger Device GFD for oveclocking the CPU.

If it happens to have a spare one or to know where I can find one, please let me know.

Thanks, vm

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von vm_retro (1. September 2018 um 14:57)

• vm_retro 31. August 2018 um 19:40

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Gold finger device for Athlon Slot A“ zu „Goldfinger device for Athlon Slot A“ geändert.
  • I found a GFD at ebay.de. The seller accept shipping only to germany and austria, maybe international shipping if you contact him.?

Ebay Link: [Click here].

Die Pixel beschleunigt, die Kanten gefixt, lang leben die Karten von 3dfx! :spitze:

• Attention, the t-bird 1gig is very rare. He has enough power when you using the right vga. I wouldn't overclock this cpu. The chance to destroy this cpu by oc is high. Of course it would be nice, if you share your oc-experience here (with other slot a cpus).

Edit: If you are interested, here my slot a system. [Link].

Die Pixel beschleunigt, die Kanten gefixt, lang leben die Karten von 3dfx! :spitze:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Avenger (8. September 2018 um 20:59)

• Overclocking is possible through raising the FSB. Overclocking via FSB is very limited on Slot A. If you're using a Goldfinger Device you are able to set a 10.5x multiplier, but there's no known mainboard supporting it, so you shouldn't open the CPU.

I had my 1 GHz TBird maxed out at 1,18 GHz, since everything about 118 MHz FSB was unstable...

For using it with Voodoo 5 it would be a really good choice.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• No intention to overclock the 1Ghz TBird with GFD (too precious, maybe raising FSB if motherboard allows it). GFD experimentation planned with 700Mhz TBird to see how far it goes :)

Avenger cool slot A system you have. Mine would be Asus K7M, TBird 1GHz, Thermaltake Golden Orb, RAM TBC, Voodoo 4 4500 AGP or PCI (to be found yet). Will share some pics once I get a chance - but with some parts yet to be sourced, will take a while.

By the way, for Voodoo 4 4500 - does it worth to get the AGP version over the PCI one? I am a bit of a noob on this.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von vm_retro (8. September 2018 um 22:34)

• By the way, for Voodoo 4 4500 - does it worth to get the AGP version over the PCI one? I am a bit of a noob on this.

The agp bus is exclusive, there are no sharing with other devices. Therefore i prefer the agp version and the pci version is rare as the agp one.

• V4 4500 AGP would be the way to fly, it has AGP x4 support as well, pretty much the best single chip 3dfx card to use.
    V55500's have two VSA-100 chips you can always disable one but these cards are in signel chip slightly slower than V4 4500 AGPs as they lack AGP x4 support they use AGP x2. with a 66Mhz Bus instead of 133Mhz as AGP x4 does use.