Presentation and crowdfunding campaign: The Legacy of 3dfx

• Hello,

I would like to publicly apologize for not having made good on my promise to proof-read the English version of the book, even though you provided me with an according link. Unfortunately, I somewhat egoistically chose to invest my time in other things. So, sorry for that. :(

Hallo,

Ich wollte mich noch öffentlich dafür entschuldigen, daß ich meinem Versprechen die Englische Version korrekturzulesen nicht nachgekommen bin, obwohl du mir auch einen entsprechenden Link geschickt hattest. Leider habe ich mich da ein wenig egoistisch dazu entschlossen, meine Zeit in andere Dinge zu stecken. Tut mir leid. :(

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• What's the state of this project? Is a revised edition in the works or something like that?

Meine Voodoo-Karten:
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP
    2x Creative 3D Blaster Banshee AGP
    2x Gainward Voodoo Dragon 3000

Diamond Monster 3D Rev E

• Thank you! I just went through the ordering process which was very difficult due to the Spanish language. I hope I did everything right. 45 minutes after ordering I still have not received any confirmation e-mail except the confirmation of payment by PayPal. Is that normal?

Meine Voodoo-Karten:
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Diamond Monster 3D Rev E

• Thank you! I just went through the ordering process which was very difficult due to the Spanish language. I hope I did everything right. 45 minutes after ordering I still have not received any confirmation e-mail except the confirmation of payment by PayPal. Is that normal?

You must have an email with the ebook now. When I have the book, I will send it. The coronovirus have closed all Spain and normal shipping.

Thanks for your support!!

• Thanks very much! I received your messages and the e-book. After a quick peek I must say the book is even more extensive than I thought it would be. Amazing! I'm really looking forward to the time the awful Corona pandemic is a thing of the past and of course to receive the book in the future. Stay healthy over there!

Btw a question regarding some artwork in the book (posters, advertisements etc.): I assume you tried to get the best quality files possible for the creation of the book. So I don't know if you succeeded in that or if you were stuck with the same files which available on the usual fansites, forums etc., but *if* you got hold of better quality files would it be possible to make them available for download?

Meine Voodoo-Karten:
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP

Diamond Monster 3D Rev E

• 547 pages are many pages :D

Btw a question regarding some artwork in the book (posters, advertisements etc.): I assume you tried to get the best quality files possible for the creation of the book. So I don't know if you succeeded in that or if you were stuck with the same files which available on the usual fansites, forums etc., but *if* you got hold of better quality files would it be possible to make them available for download?

I got the right of all photos and I took the best good version. You can get the files with the links of bibliography, anyway if you want one photo, you only have to emailed and I can get it. you have to remember that the photos can be old, and maybe the original photo was gone :(.

For other hand, I know collector that they can get better photo for a future.

• Hi there!!

I am back!! And this time, I am going to announce my second book about video cards: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mgp19…e-las-olvidadas

I talk about S3, Bitboys, Matrox, and Videologic/Imagination Technologies. I talked with former workers of some companies, and I hope this book will be better, the pages is the same: 520+bibliography.

If you have some doubts, I will be happy to reply.

PS: I write this because I didn't see a thread.

• Hi there!!

I am back!! And this time, I am going to announce my second book about video cards: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mgp19…e-las-olvidadas

I talk about S3, Bitboys, Matrox, and Videologic/Imagination Technologies. I talked with former workers of some companies, and I hope this book will be better, the pages is the same: 520+bibliography.

If you have some doubts, I will be happy to reply.

PS: I write this because I didn't see a thread.

I hope the vampire lady is not going to be the cover for the book... Id rather have a composition of GPUs or Boxarts, that would be more adequate.

• Hello! We are close to 50% and since I see that there is a lot of indecisiveness, I add the Number Nine chapter for free.

Number Nine or N9, is a company that was in the early days of 3D. His achievements are great cards for the professional environment that sinned in a terrible 3D. They competed and fought with Matrox although unlike Matrox, it ended up being bought by S3 when 3dfx was trading with it.

Frank Bruno (Principal ASIC Engineer of N9) was contacted by this platform, and he helped me in the chapter with photos, exclusive data, and several anecdotes, however, the most interesting thing was the information he gave me about the relationship with S3 and 3dfx for the chapter of S3.

Cheers!