• Hello!

Just finished this build this weekend, my 2010 gaming setup, almost all the hardware is from 2010.

Specs:
    Lian-LI-PC-P80
    EVGA X58 Classified
    I7 920
    24Gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
    4x EVGA GTX 480 + Backplates
    Cooler Master M2 Silent Pro 1500W
    HP 1920x1200 (16:10) IPS

Big thanks to GoldLeader for helping me with getting GTX480 cards and donate backplates.
    The CPU ofcourse have to be upgraded, have two E5645 i could throw in, but would rather save up to a I7 980x or X5690.

Will have to go to bed here soon, but will try some benchmarks and mordern games, and see how well it keeps up, thoe i done expect GTX 480 (or 4 way SLI for that matter) to be "Fine-Wine" :)

"Why so serious!"

• Heilige Scheiße aber warum nicht auf Quadro 6000 gegangen?

Dich mach ich für die Erderwärmung verantwortlich, Spaß bei Seite, aber das ist ja echt eine über krasse Setup!

Nö brauch nicht, nö will nicht, aber dennoch verrückt das so zu sehen!

In meinen Augen ein Fakt ist, egal ob Gott oder die Philosophie werken will, ein bedauerliches Übel bleibt erhalten, das Erbe, was an Menschen weiter gegeben wird, die es selbst nicht erwirtschaftet haben.

Das Erbrecht muss erlöschen, erst dann wird die Vernunft triumphieren können über die Macht des Geldes als Druckmittel oder Sklavenpeitsche hinter dem Menschen selbst und die Erde wieder für folgende Generationen befreien.

Zitat: V.F

• Ach du Schande... Erinnert mich an mein 2 × GTX 480 Fermi SLI, wo sich die Leute bei Multiplayer Spielen bei mir immer im Skype über den irren Lärm aufgeregt haben. Das was besonders schlimm, nachdem ich ein Treiberprofil für SLI+MSAA+SSTAA in EVE Online zusammengebastelt hatte, als das Spiel noch einen Direct3D 9.0c Renderpfad hatte. Hast fast wie bei Furmark geklungen, das Setup.

Ich frage mich wie deine Kiste da klingt, wenn alle vier Karten Mal so richtig unter Last stehen (obwohl das die meisten Spieleengines wohl eh nicht hinbekommen werden).

Oh my... I remember running my 2 × GTX 480 Fermi SLI back then, and people kept complaining to me about that hellish noise over Skype, when playing multiplayer games. It was especially bad after I had managed to create a SLI+MSAA+SSTAA driver profile for EVE Online back when it still had a Direc3D 9.0c rendering path. Sounded almost like when running Furmark.

I wonder how that setup of yours sounds, when all four cards are pushed to their limits (even though most game engines probably can't even do that in the first place).

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Haha, now that's quite a sick setup! Reminds me of Project Grillforce a guy over at the forums of PCGameshardware put together.

Also 4x GTX480. He recently had to replace one of the cards that died due to overheating.

And yes, please make some benchmarks and keep us posted about idle / load power consumption :)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haha, das ist ja mal ne kranke Kiste! Erinnert mich an das Project Grillforce, das jemand im PCGH-Forum zusammengesetzt hat.
    Da hat er ebenfalls vier GTX 480 verbaut, musste jedoch eine wegen Hitzeproblemen ersetzen.

Halt uns bitte mit Benchmarks sowie Stromverbrauch auf dem Laufenden :)

Voodoo-Kiste (seit 3dfx BayernLAN 2007):
    TUSL2-C, P3-S 1400, 512MB SDR, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, 9,1GB IBM SCSI (OS), 40GB HDD (Games), Adaptec 2940-U2W SCSI
    Dualatin: GA-6VTXD, 2x P3-S 1400, 1GB SDR, 2x 60GB, Hercules Radeon 8500 128MB

Work (CG): MSI TRX40 Creator, AMD TR 3970X, 128GB RAM, Titan RTX 24GB, Win10Pro

Zock & Office: MSI X58 Pro-E, Xeon X5680 4,2GHz, 24GB RAM, RX590 8GB, KDE Neon

• Heilige Scheiße aber warum nicht auf Quadro 6000 gegangen?

Dich mach ich für die Erderwärmung verantwortlich, Spaß bei Seite, aber das ist ja echt eine über krasse Setup!

Nö brauch nicht, nö will nicht, aber dennoch verrückt das so zu sehen!

Must agree, not exacly a PC i want to use in ANY way. Nice to look at, but NOT nice to sit around with, the noise and electricity bill make you insane!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Muss zustimmen, nicht gerade ein PC, den ich auf irgendeine Weise verwenden möchte. Schön anzuschauen, aber NICHT schön zum Sitzen, der Lärm und die Stromrechnung machen Sie verrückt!

Honestly you can't hear the cards, have placed a HUGE server fan in the front that kills every creative thought you might have. The fan came from a 8 socket IBM xSeries 445 server. And actually had that shape by default, no cutting. Fitted right in!!! :D
    Under OS install did i have to close all doors and go to the room in the oppesite end of the house to not go fully insane.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Ehrlich gesagt, Sie können die Karten nicht hören. Sie haben einen HUGE-Serverlüfter in den Vordergrund gestellt, der jeden kreativen Gedanken, den Sie haben, zerstört. Der Lüfter stammte von einem IBM xSeries 445-Server mit 8 Sockeln. Und eigentlich hatte diese Form standardmäßig keinen Schnitt. Richtig eingebaut !!! : D

Unter OS install musste ich alle Türen schließen und in den Raum am anderen Ende des Hauses gehen, um nicht völlig verrückt zu werden.

Haha, my cards all have backplates wich block the air even more, so heating is a fun factor, thoe i think my fan does a pretty good job compensating the decreased airflow.
    Will post some benchmarks, but first have to find the most optimal drivers, also would be nice if you could help me with getting results for modern cards for comparison. :)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, meine Karten haben alle Backplates, die die Luft noch mehr blockieren. Heizen ist also ein Spaßfaktor. Ich denke, dass mein Lüfter eine ziemlich gute Arbeit leistet, um den verringerten Luftstrom auszugleichen.

Postet einige Benchmarks, muss aber zunächst die optimalsten Treiber finden, es wäre auch schön, wenn Sie mir helfen könnten, Ergebnisse für moderne Karten zum Vergleich zu erhalten. :)

"Why so serious!"

• ketfri8002 3. Dezember 2018 um 15:04

Hat den Titel des Themas von „4-Way GTX SLI“ zu „4-Way GTX 480 SLI“ geändert.
  • Ah well no worries about them backplates just kinda lame for you unfriending and blocking me afterwards, but hey must of been your way of overreacting even that the CEO of Quantum3D gave me permission to share them files as I have asked them politely ;)

Ah well hope these cards do you well I guess?

• Ah well no worries about them backplates just kinda lame for you unfriending and blocking me afterwards, but hey must of been your way of overreacting even that the CEO of Quantum3D gave me permission to share them files as I have asked them politely ;)

Ah well hope these cards do you well I guess?

Sorry for overreacting, thoe it wasn't all cuz of the files, asked you poloitely to not throw it around all over the internet since it take the charm from having a mercury if the opengvs demo became a mainstream benchmarking tool usen on any videocard.
    The reason i blocked was i found your reply a little insulting. But removed the blocking few days later. Only saw your message on Voodooalert when you also allready had blocked me there.
    I admit i overreacted and you didnt deserve it.

Yes the cards serve me well, i nfact writing on the PC right now. Will be my main rig for a short while (or until i get a heart attack looking at the electricity bill)

"Why so serious!"

• [...] asked you poloitely to not throw it around all over the internet since it take the charm from having a mercury if the opengvs demo became a mainstream benchmarking tool usen on any videocard. [...]

This is a prohibitive way of thinking, which I myself cannot agree with. Wherever legally and technically feasible, software should be spread as much as possible! To try and take that away from people can never have a good motive for a reason (Jealousy? Elitism through exclusivity? Both are bad!).

There is not one real argument in favor of removing the possibility of using a certain piece of software from anyone, unless the software license & civil law say so. If anything, you should spread whatever you can, especially if it's rare! So I welcomed Quantum3D's decision of enabling us to re-host the benchmark for all people who would like to use it.

PS.: I am strongly in favor of free and open source software and even freeware, which is why I am reacting like this. Plus, you simply have no right to ask such a thing of other people, and it's a bit offensive as well.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• [...] asked you poloitely to not throw it around all over the internet since it take the charm from having a mercury if the opengvs demo became a mainstream benchmarking tool usen on any videocard. [...]

This is a prohibitive way of thinking, which I myself cannot agree with. Wherever legally and technically feasible, software should be spread as much as possible! To try and take that away from people can never have a good motive for a reason (Jealousy? Elitism through exclusivity? Both are bad!).

There is not one real argument in favor of removing the possibility of using a certain piece of software from anyone, unless the software license & civil law say so. If anything, you should spread whatever you can, especially if it's rare! So I welcomed Quantum3D's decision of enabling us to re-host the benchmark for all people who would like to use it.

PS.: I am strongly in favor of free and open source software and even freeware, which is why I am reacting like this. Plus, you simply have no right to ask such a thing of other people, and it's a bit offensive as well.

Lets not start a debate about somthing personal between two friends, it's not about rights. Its about telling a friend that he thinks it's a bad idea.
    I just personally dont like the idea if the benchmark tool became so popular that the QUantum3D software are used on all mainstream computers. When everybody can see a silly Riva TNT2 beating a 2000$ Mercury system may it take the intrest or respect away from the original Quantum3D hardware. Wich was why i asked.
    Shit got down and world is still fine, so personally have let this go long ago and couldnt care less now. No reason to debate somthing that happend in the past. As allready told i'm sorry and it was totally undeserved - End of debate.

"Why so serious!"

• I'm very sorry, but no. In that, you are clearly wrong, both legally and ethically.

Your asking for something like that (I do not care whether it is between friends or not, that is not my business) directly asks for impacting other users' RIGHTS and freedom to use that software on any machine they please. And that for entirely selfish reasons ("I can't have that silly TNT2 beat my super-awesome Mercury"). I'm very sorry, but that is just doing a stupid thing for stupid reasons. ;)

In my opinion, that is completely unacceptable. It is not between you and Obi-Wan, it is between Quantum3D and the rest of the world, and you have no right to interfere with other peoples' right to use a software that Quantum3D itself allowed us to use however we please.

I refuse to diverge from that standpoint, because it's an offense against everybody in the community. I don't care what's going on between you two, honestly. I don't. But if somebody keeps telling people to prohibit other people from using something they're entitled to use, that is just wrong.

Or please, present me with a proper, comprehensible reason for taking away software from people, when they would be allowed to use it by its original developer explicitly?

I know it may be a silly comparison, but it would be similar if I asked CPUID to no longer deliver CPU-Z to you, simply because I'm pissed off by your posting better overclocking results than me... Sounds wrong, right? Yeah. And that's what's getting me agitated here, not your personal feud thing.

PS.: What sense does a benchmark even make, if you don't want to compare your cards' results with those of other products? Because that's what it's for...

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (4. Dezember 2018 um 20:52)

• Very well, statement accepted.

Now it's time to show off some benchmark runs on that 4-way SLI up there!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Even I can be a idiot sometimes.

Have tried around with quite a few drivers, and to my big suprise is it the latest (and final) 391.35 that works best with the setup, both with SLI enabled and Disabled. Éven beating the 314.22 version that was know to be the best fermi driver.
    Have ran a few benchmarks but decided not to share it since i can see the CPU is running at 80%+ and properly doing a lot of bottlenecking, a few threads go to 100% almost constantly. So have to mod the board to support Westmare processors or track up some 980x or 990x i7's.

Metro benchmark with everything enabled on max 1080p have avarage 60-62 fps. And the Valley benchmark with HDExtreme preset does 54fps avarge. Also pretty sure it will be another result with better processor the feed the beasts.

----
    Edit: So will only make graphs and stuff when i have good results, This i7 920 processor does not reflect the true performance of 4-way SLI.

"Why so serious!"

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ketfri8002 (5. Dezember 2018 um 12:05)

• Well, I think the 990X is the same like a X5690, grab a cheap X5660 or something else, flash the latest BIOS and they should be running. As an Alternative, you can get a W3680 or W3690, they are relatively cheap and are the same like the i7 980X/990X. The multiplier of those is unlocked!

• ketfri8002 For your information I had contact with the Q3D CEO the one who runs the place, they gave me permission to put these files on my dropbox as I did so.

I always ask permission to share software, it's common sense to do that.

If I don't know if I am aloud for sharing it, I simply ask it.
    Also I sold everything to close friends of mine simply Ia m done with all the drama man, seriously.

The Boeing 747 Community is far more mature and more my thing, also for those wondering I left x-3dfx for good, I'm just done with all the bullshit tbh.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (18. Dezember 2018 um 12:13)