• Ist damit dieser Clay gemeint von dem gdonovan hier spricht [Link FalconFly Forum]?

Also wie ist der genaue Weg von der Entwicklungsabteilung von 3dfx bis zu Iwellius? Wie viel Personen sind da zwischen?

Die Pixel beschleunigt, die Kanten gefixt, lang leben die Karten von 3dfx! :spitze:

• Meines Wissens gab es nach Schließung 3dfx einige v56kbei eBay, die von den 3dfx-Mitarbeitern rausgetragen wurden.

Meine v56k stammt aus solch einer Aktion, wenn ich das noch richtig weiß. 666psycho müsste die bei eBay bekommen haben von einem Ex-3dfx-MA.

• ...daß Iwellius die Engineering Tags von den Karten gerissen hat...

Aso...ich dachte, die Zettel hat er selbst geschrieben. Das finde ich jetzt natürlich auch nicht so prall.

Viele Grüße

soggi

• Ich schätze Mal du meinst Eng. "tag" (Dt. "Schildchen") nicht Eng. "Day" (Dt. "Tag"). Das Englische Wort "tag" hat eine völlig andere Bedeutung als das Deutsche Wort "Tag". ;)

Najo egal, aber was bringt dir ein Engineering Tag, wenn es nicht der ist, der zu deiner Karte gehört? Wennst einfach irgendeinen Tag dranhängst, hast du ja quasi den geschichtlichen Hintergrund deiner Karte verfälscht! Da wäre es noch besser du hängst einen blanken Tag dran und beschreibst ihn mit deinem Namen, vielleicht noch einem Datum und den von dir durch Tests ermittelten Informationen zur Karte selber. Der ist natürlich nicht original, aber wenigstens stellt er die Karte nicht falsch dar, wenn du gründlich genug vorgehst.

I'm assuming you mean Eng. "tag" (Ger. "Schildchen") and not Eng. "Day" (Ger. "Tag"). The English word "tag" has a completely different meaning from the German "Tag". ;)

Anyway, what good will any engineering tag do, if it's not the one that belongs to your card? If you'd attach just any tag, you'd have essentially falsified your cards' historical background! It would be better to attach a blank tag, and write your name, maybe the date and information about the card that you'd have determined by yourself through tests on it. That way, it won't be original of course, but at least it won't misrepresent the card in any way, if you're proceeding throroughly enough.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• [User = '3659'] erek [/ user]:

Interesting that your card works with the external power supply. Do you have the original 3Dfx PSU?

nope, would not it be nice to have the Voodoo Volts!

Something to coincide with the history of the card, just wish somehow to have "day" / "eTag" that somehow coincidentally accurate historically speaking

:( :( :(

• Eh.. dein Englisch ist recht schwer zu verstehen. Maschinelle Übersetzung? Ich finde es auf jeden Fall irgendwie falsch, ein Tag anzuhängen, das nicht original zur Karte gehört hat, selbst wenn sich die Information darauf "zufällig" mit der eigenen Karte überschneidet. Ist halt nur meine Meinung.

Eh.. your English is pretty hard to understand. Machine-based translation? Anyway, I still don't think it's right to attach a tag that didn't originally belong to the card, even if the information on it coincidentially overlaps with your cards' past. Just my own opinion of course.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• [Attach = '3675'] [/ attach]

Eh .. your English is quite difficult to understand. Machine translation? In any case, I find it somehow wrong to attach to the card, even if the coincidence coincides with your own card. It's just my opinion.

[Attach = '3676'] [/ attach]

Eh .. your English is pretty hard to understand. Machine-based translation? Anyway, I still do not think it's right to attach to the card, even if it's coincidentally overlaps with your cards' past. Just my own opinion of course.

I guess it's because of a very old story; It was considered by some to be rather impertinent that Iwellius tore the engineering tags off the charts before he sold them, because the tags just belong to them, and it is a great pity for the buyer, the handnoted engineering comments and thus losing important context. And as you can see in my first (correspondingly snappy) commentary, I still see it that way today. In my personal opinion, he should send the tags later to the appropriate buyers (the cards today, of course, God knows where). A card with a tag and a card without a tag are like two books, where one is signed by hand and the other is not. At least I see it like that.

I think you do not know the story yet, because you are only here for a very short time, and because Iwellius' "wholesale" is really eternal now. How long was it? 12 years? 13? So anything?

Anyway, I'm happy to have a card that's the day's turn. ;)

Oh ...

Could it be possible that my card was one of the cards where the eTag what torn from originally? might be possible... ;(

• Um das rauszufinden, müßten wir die Karte bis zu Iwellius zurückverfolgen können. Der Tag könnte natürlich auch aus anderen Gründen fehlen, wer weiß. Solange eine Rückverfolgung zum originalen Besitzer nicht möglich ist, werden wir's nicht rausfinden.

Well, to know, we would need to be able to track the card all the way back to Iwellius. It might be missing its tag for other reasons of course, who knows. Unless it's possible to track it back to its original owner, there's simply no way to know.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• No, this was not one of my cards. But the fourth Tag is for 1V8R. If we assume that the numbers are ongoing, your "sister" 1V8P might represent the same series. So the information on the fourth tag might at least represent your card. Just a guess. Perhaps others are aware of the proper number range.

So your card might've been stable at 183 Mhz after the PCI rework but completely failed in 3D and even had 2D errors before that fix.

• No, this was not one of my cards. But the fourth Tag is for 1V8R. If we assume that the numbers are ongoing, your "sister" 1V8P might represent the same series. So the information on the fourth tag might at least represent your card. Just a guess. Perhaps others are aware of the proper number range.

So your card might've been stable at 183 Mhz after the PCI rework but completely failed in 3D and even had 2D errors before that fix.

think you'd ever sell a tag?

• Wenn du da eine Auflistung von Tag zu S/N hast, magst du die Tags mal einscannen und die dazugehörige S/N dranschreiben?

Dann haben wir die Information gesichert, auch wenn der Tag nicht mehr an der Karte sitzt.

Die anderen Besitzer können dies auch gerne noch machen.

• Klar, kann ich gerne machen. Ich schaue mal zu Hause nach nächste Woche. Ich hab mal ne Archiv-CD mit allem Sammelzeug erstellt. Es waren insgesamt mehr Karten. Ich hatte immer nur Angst, sie könnten in meinen Händen kaputt gehen, weiß ich noch.

Aber ganz ehrlich, der wahre Hingucker war doch die Aalchemy 8164. Ich hab nie ganz verstanden, warum die bei Ebay damals immer für ne verhältnismaßig schmale Mark wegging. Ist vielleicht wie bei Schallplatten, denk ich mir. Heißt nicht Voodoo und steht nicht "not for resale" drauf.

I don't sell any part of my collection that perfectly fits into a 10x10 framebox in my office. But I recently found an original 3dfx promo shirt with a spanish slogan on the back while tidying up. It won't quite fit into it... ;)