Welcher 3dfx Beschleuniger? Eure Meinung ist gefragt!

• I prefer all 3Dfx!8o

Seriously, voodoo2 takes me back in time for many years and I'm really fond of it.:love:

But the V5 5500 has always been the best for me,

a dream pursued, realized and that was about to be destroyed at the closure of the 3Dfx factory.

Fortunately, the 3Dfx global community has supported, supports and I hope it will support our beloved 3Dfx for a long time to come ...;):)

• Schwere Entscheidung aber habe doch mal für V3 gestimmt. Liegt eher an den persönlichen Erinnerungen an die PC-Zeit damals. War meine erste 3dfx, hat die ersten LANs mitgemacht und sie tut's heute noch.

Tough decision however I voted for V3. That's more due to personal memories of the PC era back in the day. The V3 was my first 3dfx board and it's still alive and kicking 8)

Voodoo-Kiste (seit 3dfx BayernLAN 2007):
    TUSL2-C, P3-S 1400, 512MB SDR, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, 9,1GB IBM SCSI (OS), 40GB HDD (Games), Adaptec 2940-U2W SCSI
    Dualatin: GA-6VTXD, 2x P3-S 1400, 1GB SDR, 2x 60GB, Hercules Radeon 8500 128MB

Work (CG): MSI TRX40 Creator, AMD TR 3970X, 128GB RAM, Titan RTX 24GB, Win10Pro

Zock & Office: MSI X58 Pro-E, Xeon X5680 4,2GHz, 24GB RAM, RX590 8GB, KDE Neon

• Rein als Pakete für den Endkunden betrachtet landen bei mir die V2 und V3 auf den ersten Plätzen.

V2 weil diese das Konzept erst so richtig schön ins Rollen gebracht hat und auch die Kinderkrankheiten der V1 ausgebügelt hat.

V3 ist, wie hier schon einige angemerkt haben, schön unkompliziert. War ein All-in-one Paket, brachte eine neuen Treiberaufbau und sinnvolle Features (22Bit) mit.

Platz 3 wäre die V1.

• I prefer all 3Dfx!8o

Sure? Iam the only who voted for the Rush. 8o

:whistling: Ive got a crush for the Rush :whistling: ... ah sorry about that. :topmodel:

Now I will tell you something and you will hate me forever:

Some time ago, I moved house and accidentally threw one in the trash ...:bonk::mauer::grr::steinigung:

When I opened the parcels and was not there I wanted to die ... damn!;(

Kann ich bei der V2 nachvollziehen, schließlich war diese konkurrenzlos schnell, aber die V5?

V5: Konkurrenzlose Kantenglättung zu der Zeit. ;)

quote, quote, quote...:thumbup:

I have another thing to say:

Quote and I stress!8o

• Dont be mad. 8 years ago i give away for free a Voodoo 5 PCI to someone who dont deserve it.

I asked him to send me back for little money, but he has no time to look for it :mauer:

But nooooo!

My mistake looks like a mosquito bite compared to your ...=O

Your misfortune really hurts ...:bonk:

• Dont be mad. 8 years ago i give away for free a Voodoo 5 PCI to someone who dont deserve it.

I asked him to send me back for little money, but he has no time to look for it :mauer:

Then you should of told them then make damn time and get on with it and remind them what you did for them, kind of sad the *I have no time excuse* is still used too often, sheesh :steinigung:

And I too did mistakes in my past like selling my 6K and other 3dfx ES boards to that one Murfisor guy, he bombarded me with DM's with offers my mind was at a very weak time of my life then it was pure chaos.

Now everything is gone due to mind manipulative cunts like that Murfisor, even so I am glad the rest of my cards went to good people like G1nX, Rolo01 and some others from here, I will always miss what I have but those that are here to make use of you they will always remain as a rusted memory in that sense.

Bottom line to what ever bad crap that took place in our lives you can' t turn back time and fix them and I wish that was a possibility, things would of been different if I didn't sell off my cards, my PTSD messes me with this at it's times, I just hope none of you do the same as I did, it's really not worth it.

As for your bad ride, I hope you have learned not to lend out hardware or anything it often comes down to such things.
    Here some pics of my old collection from 2007, to give you an idea of my old inventory, these were better times tbh much better than now.

That last pic was after mom & I painted the Voodoo VGA Table cream white so the cards stand out more thanks osckhar for that fabulous idea :topmodel:
    It's still like that Ossie oiiiyyy :spitze:

SK1 Was at my place that time I took that last photo his box of his 3dfx PC is partially on the pic hah fabulous xD

Now I often listen to the Blues if such bad memories come by.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (1. März 2020 um 07:16)

• Ah i think that the V3 3500 is the best commercial 3dfx Card you can get. :)

It has some magic, is fast enough for all Glide Games and has passiv cooling instead of V4 or V5.

And the Voodoo3 looks so much better in 16Bit as TNT2.

• Well it's kind of a boomerang effect for me every time I decided to get back to 3dfx gaming or buying cards in general a boxed 3500 was always the first card I'd get this is the 4th time I am coming back and again it's a 3500, strange right? :topmodel:

I guess this is the most trouble free card I worked with and I am very used to working with a V3 3500 in general so it could be that this is the most obvious card to start on with and what follows I'll just see.
    The amount of coin I paid for this V3 3500 TV AGP was about 280 euros, which may not seem much compared to other V3 3500 TVs but realistically it is too much, I mean these went for 70 a 75 euros in 2007 so why so much now?
    Capitalism got it's way up too much in my humble opinion, even common 5500's go for stupendous amounts, it's a dead shame.

I will always try to get a card as cheap as possible especially production boards, but seeing that I will come back to collecting at times I often think is it actually a good idea to come back due to the prices but then again the longer you wait they will go even high so I kind of made up my mind and just see where I'll get this time.

Image quality of the V3 3500 is similar to that of a G200 when it comes to 2D in 16, 24 & 32 bit color, but in 3dfx Glide API it's 16 bit color is equivalent to 22Bit color mode the colors blend better the multi texturing is smoother and all, even 32 bit color mode ona TNT2 or a Rage 128 or a G400 is too dark for my doings than 16 Bit glide in game that is made for Glide API, the V3 3500 easily takes the win.

Anyways as it comes to collecting 3dfx cards again it was a hard choice as I fear from what happened in the past so maybe after finding a 5500 PCI mac or just an AGP variant I might leave it at that, the prices are stupid and I hope they are ways avoiding the wrong sellers for that part.

Just approaching people about such things triggers my anxiety as well, I dunno it's an awkward thing that goes on in my mind and in the end nothing happens, and seeing them lose a card because some guy (me being that guy lol) seeks one is wrong in my mind.

Anyways as said I'll see how things unfold from here on.

Sweet dreams are made of this, who am I to disagree?
    I travel the world and the seven seas, everybody is looking for something..

yeah that something, right :/

Yea that.

• 280€ for a 3500 is much money. Iam a bit pissed that capitalism is going such strange ways.

As far as i can remember i bought older things for cheap to save money. I only had to wait.

For Example:

As the Playstation comes up, i couldn´t afford it. But my video rental store threw out Super Nintendo Games for cheap so i bought it.

And i was so happy to get StarFox or Stunt Race FX for 10DM.

Now every older shit cost so much money. Speaker, Hifi, Cars even DDR Mixer for the kitchen.

It goes on my nerves but if i buy something new it mostly sucks!

My Samsung GQ65 Led TV sucks, my XboxOne sucks, most new CD´s sucks in sound quality and the story goes on.