Sveta 2002 is back as my 3dfx Retro Gaming Workstation!

• Today my father gifted me his Cassette tape convertor and a Com3 to USB convertor which I needed to get this device working, with the hundreds of cassette tapes from Australia I can use this to convert hem to 256kbps MP3 or wav or other formats , super handy!

It doesn't work with Win Vista and up.

But no probs with Win 3.11 For Work Groups, Win 95 PLuS!, 98 SE, 2K pro & XP Pro :)

Once I get some tapes I'll post a video or two in this gallery of this cool device :)

Here some pics:

Not something you'd see every day,but with the hundreds of cassette tapes my dad & I have from Australia and all this device will come in great handy in my 3dfx Voodoo3 3500 system :)

Here the holes neatly drilled, I only needed the upper two holes, since for the bottom holes I took use of that handy grid :)

Here the fan put in place properly:

The extra cabling is needed to get the BTO Plus Deck 2 c working :spitze:

This is where I placed the Plus Deck 2C and a total system pic:

The Audugy 2 ZS or Platinum pro version is next, just gotta see what the marker offers.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (7. September 2019 um 23:35)

• hey thanks and yaaas it's fantastic, playing lots of cassette tapes from the 1980's & early 1990's haha this thing is a dream come true :topmodel:

If you seek one I have found a few on ebay they go for around 105 a 110 USD, which isn't too bad :)
    But since dad gave me his , that saved me coin on buying one 8)

• Oha, sowas habe ich auch noch nie gesehen, interessant!

Oha... never seen one of those before, interesting!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Audio quality isn't really bad though, just make sure you do have a good audio card like an Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro my friend Microbits got me in Australia for a super deal we help each other he helped me with the Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP and the Audigy 2ZS Platinum Pro and I helped him get my gear for a good deal and a helped him find a good quality and working 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 300 + PCI Rework and an Audigy 2 ZS Engineering Sample :)

So here the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro he got me <3

This card will make my sound quality go up in a great magnitude as well as gaming sound to music to everything really :)

this 3dfx PC is probably the best I ever built when it comes to the awesome parts that are within it, it's stable it's fast and it really does everything I want it to.

The LS-120 F200 Super Disk drive will also be built in, as I will use this to replace the Sony 3.5" FDD drive.
    Just need a 90CM ATA-100/133 flat cable since the Addtronics 6896A isn't your lowest in height case :)

Also got some nice 80's music tapes which I grabbed cheap from ebay today for this 3dfx system as well

The greatest Hits from 1986 2 Cassette! New great mint condition from 1986!

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/THE-GREATE…ON/223618629782

So yeah I'm gonna bring the 1980's back in style to this 3dfx Retro Gaming & Multimedia PC :topmodel:

If going retro may as well do it right, right! 8)

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (9. September 2019 um 21:56)

• Here something lovely my friend Microbits helped me obtain in Adellade, South Australia, which he will ship to me for my 3dfx Retro Gaming & Music PC Sveta 2002, photo's made bySWZSSR also btw :)

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro Rev.A 2703 ( Week 27 - Year 2003 ) :hre::topmodel:

Made in Malaysia and not China yaays :topmodel: :spitze:

• Hey all :)

Major thanks to Declan for his help for helping me out getting the Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro and some 90 cm long flat data cables and my old Cooler Master X-Dream-S Cooler back for the AXP 2200 this system is fully equipped I also replaced the Sony Floppy Driver with a Mitsubishi Electronics Australia F200 LS_120 Super Disk Drive tons of rare hardware in this build and it's all working together very well :)

Here the gear Microbits sent me that I got yesterday :)

Here the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro sound card:

Here the system after I built it and the new Cooler Master X-Dream-S Fan for the AXP 2200+

Here the Placements for the C drive left and LS-120 right:

Here the first bootup a success gladly!

Night mode:

Here the system with it's front & side panels applied:

System Name & Specs:

----------------------------------------------------

Sveta 2002

AMD AthlonXP 2200+ Thoroughbred-A @ 1.8Ghz

EPox EP-8K7A+ AMD 761 Chipset with VIA 686B SB

2x 1GB PC-2700 Kingston @ PC-2100 266Mhz DDR

3dfx Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP 16MB Rev.A 3199

Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro

Mitsubishi Electronics Australia F200 LS-120 Super Disk Drive

1x Seagate Barracuda V 80GB 7200 rpm Main Disk

1x Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB 7200 rpm Game & Storage Disk

Belkin 5 port NEC USB 2.0 PCI Card

3-Com 3C905C-TX-M PCI Ethernet adapter 10/100Mbit

NEC ND-1300A DVD-RW Drive

BTO Plusdeck 2c Cassette Deck Tape Player, Recorder & Convertor Drive

Antec True Power 550 Watt PSU

Addttronics 6896A Entry Level Server Tower

Compaq S710 17" Blackshade CRT from 2001

Reso @ 1024x768x32 @ 85Hz

1995 Roland E-14 Keyboard

Win2K Pro + SP4 & RU1 for SP4

AmigaSport 3.0 by AmigaMerlin from 3dfxzone.it

Latest 3dfx Tools for V3 3500 TV AGP.

----------------------------------------------------

And there you have it :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (13. Oktober 2019 um 14:50)

• Hi Gold Leader,

as a friend said:

Sveta 2002 is back!:respekt:

The hardware research you've done is in your style and you've managed to assemble a truly beautiful and personalized workstation.:thumbup:

I congratulate you and let you know that I will take inspiration from your workstation for the next configurations that I will do ...;)

• Hey thanks! 8)

And yeah it's more of a workstation that a gaming system even it has 1 CPU it was for it time if having this config a very powerful build. The LS-120 drive manages to play 4K Video fluidly eithout stutters, I am really amazed of how far LS-120 speeds were for it's time, it's tech from 1998.

Such a damn shame Super Disk driver were not further developed if they were around today you'd probably have LS-4TB drives maybe 4TB Super Disks maybe would of been super handy hence the format the disks are nice and small and easy to store.

Other than tat the Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro really makes my classic tapes come to life that card changed a lot of things and the CPU cooler is better this system is finally reaching the stage of completion, everything are minor upgrades and I'll see where that takes me.

• Played some Descent 3 + Patch 1.5 beta the latest patch for this game at a reso of 1024x768x16 with 3dfx Glide API in max settings:

Here the system running D3 1.5 Beta:

Here some in game screenshots:

And here level 3:

• Gold Leader 25. Januar 2020 um 16:20

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Sveta 2002 is back Yaaaas doow xD“ zu „Sveta 2002 is back as my 3dfx Retro Gaming Workstation!“ geändert.
  • wirklich schön, selbst der Tisch passt :hre::thumbup:.

Ich sollte auch mal spielen, anstatt nur auf zu bauen :bonk:

Asus P5E VM-HDMI S.775 / Intel Xeon X5460 @ S.775 Mod. / 4x 2GB A-DATA Vitesta Extreme Edition DDR2-800+ / EVGA GTX 570 Classified

Asus Maximus Formula Special Edition S.775 / Intel Core2 Extreme QX6850 / 4x 1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer-1066/PC2-8500 / Evga Geforce GTX 285 FTW

DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR Expert / AMD Athlon 64 FX 60 Dual-Core / 4x 1GB OCZ EL Platinum @ OCZ Kühler / SLI @ NVIDIA GeForce 8800GTS 512MB G92

• Here some pics of the systems as it is now, I exchanged the 25 Watt Sony speakers with 120 watt Labtech Speakers and also made a new side sht with the side fan removed, all look'n good as usual,

Each week I run the system to keep it alive and so far there are no issues.

• Hey :)

got that EP 8K7A + in used, slightly bad condition. Some electrolytic capacitors are leaking and obviously stressed FETs.

Everything completely replaced and tested. The board now runs stable and snappy. It's about an afternoon's work.

You should definitely remove the old heat-conducting paste from the attached heat sink, it may be old, brittle and conducts heat poorly. The fan is usually loud or fucked up and should be replaced.

Anyone with such a board who like to maintain it - has the spare parts here:

Capacitors:

14x 2200µF / 10V Low ESR 105 ° C

1x 470µF / 16V Low ESR 105 ° C

12x 1500µF / 10V Low ESR 105 ° C

FETs

4x IRL2203NPBF

6x IRL3705ZSPBF

Fan: Any 40mm 12V (I took a NB XM2)

Hi,

habe dieses EP 8K7A + in gebrauchtem, etwas schlechtem Zustand bekommen. Einige Elkos undicht und offensichtlich gestresste FETs.

Alles komplett ausgetauscht und getestet. Das Board läuft nun super stabil und zügig. Es ist ungefähr ein Nachmittag Arbeit.

Von dem aufgesetzten Kühlkörper sollte man unbedingt die alte Wärmeleitpaste entfernen, die ist eventuell alt, spröde und leitet die Wärme schlecht. Der Lüfter ist auch meist laut oder breit und darf ausgewechselt werden.

• Hey nice work Backfire Were you able to test your Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 in itn as well, it should work tho, the specs just make out just fine AGP Voltage is a stable 3.32 volts with my board.

I look forward to your results, more research with the 8K7A+ would be really nice, so we can add this board to the Voodoo5 6000 Supported mainboard list.

• There has been some new development with this project, so here's something more positive fro m my end :)

Main VGA: Matrox Parhelia AGP 256MB 256Bit DDR Rev.A 5103:

Secondary VGA: 3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB 256Bit SDR Rev.A1 2900 with PC Bios 1.18_DVI

(In Practical 2x 32MB 128Bit SDR)

These two will play a major role for me after March 24, 2021, WinXP Pro + SP3 will be used for OS of choice as well.

With these I shalll try and find a Silicon Graphics or EIZO Digital Trinitron Monitor 20 a 21" something in that range.

Then connect both cards to the monitor same reso & refresh on both cards, so I can switch between both with the same monitor, if that is doable.
    Anyways 2021 will look a bit brighter for me thanks to this idea and the finding of both cards.

When the V5 PCI Mac has arrived I will make new pics of it, since it has been recapped and the pics I posted here were of the same card before it was recapped.The wait will be worth it, since I always missed my V5 PCI Mac a lot, glad that I found a way to rebuy it in a recapped state.