Crucial MX500 2TB SSD Upgrade, System Cleanup & Tour of the TYR!

• Hey all :)

Two days ago I bought a new SSD for my games and storage for my main system :)
    it's a Micron Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, and the Corsair Force 3 240GB is my C Drive and that was the SSD I used for the past 6 years, since games are getting bigger as well as Simulations and other things I Needed something beefy, and I know 1TB units are cheaper things is I only have space for 2 extra SSD's and 2TB was the minimum of space I wanted so I gave out some little extra and went for the best 2TB SSD I could get for my budget of 2250 euros, I paid 219 Eur incl shipping and yea Netherlands is never cheap but the service of Megekko is damn good that be true :)

So here is what I had to do to get this 2TB SSD in to my system:
    It was kind of a pain to get in so I used a 5,25 to 3.5 incl convertor tray and in there a SSD tray that converts from 3.5 to 2.5 inches and voila it fits

Cable management in this Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B is a nightmare since it's a design case and around 200were made it has some flaws here and there but for us tweakers all have our ways around such things right :tomodel: As for the 2nd picture that shows the covers I placed to coverup the cable mess and yea I did remove that dust at the bottom :saint:
    It's that I just made the shot before that lmao :bonk::topmodel:

After placing them covers back to place I cleaned this side as well and then applied the side panel to secure this part of the system:

Then I Decided to clean the front filter and the three 140mil fans , yes their blades from both sides of course :)

As the left image shows, you can slide in the filter in and out from top side, it's really a handy thought that Lian put to mind with this.

So even being a design case, Lian Li did do some helpful idea's with this case, the Lian Li TYR PC_X2000F was the actual production model of this case it has lots of fixes but one thing the F model lacks over the B model is no triple heatzone design, also cleaned the PC side of the case, the second image also shows the three heatzones this case has.

Zone 1 is for IO & PSU

Zone 2 is Mainboard & Cards

Zone 3 is for HDD's & Storage

Current System name & specs:

Valkyrie SMP 2014

2x 12 Core AMD OpteronMP 6180 SE D1 Mangy Cours, 24 Cores @ 2.5Ghz

2x Noctua NH-U9D0 A3

48GB NUMA Quad Channel DDR3-1600 ECC Reg HP Server Ram @ 1333Mhz

Supermicro H8DG6-F AMD Maranello Blade Server Chipset 2x AMD SR5690 Northbridges,1x AMD SP5100 Southbridge

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Limited Edition 2.0 PCI-E 2048 Bit HBM2

Auzentech X-Fi Bravura PCi-E 7.1

Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD

Micron Crucial MX500 2TB SSD

Plextor PX-B950SA BR-RW Drive, Singlelayer & Duallayer BR-RW + Lite Scribe

2x Intel 1000 MBit Ethernet RJ45 Lan Jacks

SeaSonic PlatinumX 1000 Watt EPS 12V + 24V PSU

Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B Server Design Case 1 of 200 Made Worldwide

Lian Li W-X2000-B Window Kit 1 of 200 Made Worldwide

Hewlett Packard ZR24w 24" 16:10 Aspect Ratio HS-IPS Panel

AMD VSR @ 2560x1600x32 @ 60Hz

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 UK + Service Pack 01

AMD Adrenalin 20.8.2 Beta for Win7x64

And here the final pics of this system, it's been 6 years and 4 months of reliable service and that I hope to expand for an other 4 to 6 years from this point :)

the games I host this system gets the job done just fine.

Rainbow mode enabled for that Sapphire Nitro+ RX Vega 64, always something I loved of the card external looks <3

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (2. September 2020 um 21:58)

• Gold Leader 27. August 2020 um 03:53

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Crucial MX500 2TB SSD & System Cleanup!“ zu „Crucial MX500 2TB SSD Upgrade, System Cleanup & Tour of the TYR!“ geändert.
  • The MX500 is a solid choice in my opinion, I'm running three of those myself. One in a notebook, two more in a RAID-1 in a Linux workstation that runs 24/7. Not a single hiccup at 35.670 power-on hours, or in other words 4 years of continuous operation.

So yeah, I've come to trust the MX500 somewhat. I only have 500GiB ones, though. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Hey niice :) Yeah I wanted to get the 2TB version since I don't have space for an array of these things now I can add a second one at a later time fora RAID 0 array double the space double the speed double the joy, that is the idea anyways.

No more hdd's and such SSD's is the way storage these days, they are finally becoming more affordable.