Here my New Matrox Collection

• I'll change the machine to a XPC SN45Gv2 with NForce-Chipset and Soundstorm Audio.

NForce-Drivers should begin work on Win9x/Win2K/XP. Parhelia does not offer Win9x drivers.

You already statet to go for WinXP SP3, what driver do you recommend for that?

SNI-Scovery 212 AMD K6-2/450 CXT 128MB - PCI1 (Matrox-Mystique 4MB) - PCI2 (Soundblaster 128)

=> OS2/Warp3, AMIGA-OS 3.9, WIN95B , LINUX <=

• Do the G45x versions with dual or quad chips offer more performance as a single g45x?

Or are the additional chips are only for the multi-monitor support?

SNI-Scovery 212 AMD K6-2/450 CXT 128MB - PCI1 (Matrox-Mystique 4MB) - PCI2 (Soundblaster 128)

• Parhelia AGP not arrived jet, checking P650, S3TC support up to 800x600 working in unreal.

Framerate drops regularly perhaps because of the 64MB and 64Bit.

• I'll change the machine to a XPC SN45Gv2 with NForce-Chipset and Soundstorm Audio.

NForce-Drivers should begin work on Win9x/Win2K/XP. Parhelia does not offer Win9x drivers.

You already statet to go for WinXP SP3, what driver do you recommend for that?

it requires some work but what I did was the following:

01.) Install the September 2003 driver kit first aka 1.5.0.107
    Here the info tab:

02.) Install the driver set from May 2007, which is 1.13.0.158

03) go to Device manager and seek the Matrox Parhelia 128MB

04.) right click it and do update driver and manually update it via the installation folder of the May 2007 driver., this way you keep the classic Control panel which you do want to use especially when playing games.

Then this should be the result:

And yea best of both worlds this way 8)

• Thx! Hopefully my P512/128MB/AGP will arrive soon.

• Currently using my P650 in that system. Interesting results on that P650/64MB.

1. Does run Parhelia Reef Demo at acceptable Performance! Visuals are really good!

2. Supports S3TC, but when using S3TC resolution is only up to 800x600 otherwise I get corrupted screen.

3. 3DM2001, works with PS and Adv- Pixelshadertest as well as the Vertex-shaders! Great!!! (SM2/3 for later 3DM is not supported, though)

4. What I really don't like is the missing 16AF that ATI cards offer since R7000, this makes especially floors look much much nicer. Hopefully I can tweak this behavior.

5. When using S3TC I get massive framedrops every view seconds, I am relatively shure that this is due to 64MB Vram and only 64Bit SI, ATI offers some sort of compression to compensate the low bandwith.

6. Blood2 has some glitches. Sky is not shown correctly (win2K/XP), missing 16AF on the floor.

7. First start on AMITHLON does not work, I do not get an Image on screen, I have to investigate because AMITHLON should work,

8. I will also install a suitable Linux on that system. Any recommendations for this. Otherwise I go for DEBIAN with Enlightment-Desktop.

9. Morrpwind does not offer shaders option, regardless if it requires DX8 shaders and the P650 supports them as tested on 3DM2001, but water does not look so good even with shaders-option.

I'll check another driver. Mine has currently no option to setup for my P650.

I really like that P650 card and I am very nervous to get the real parhelia, hopefully the fan is not toooooo load on that card.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von dr.zeissler (10. Juli 2022 um 13:03)

• Checked the drivers again and switched to 1.07, now resolution-switch on S3TC is just fine. Much better driver, can't see a performanceloss. Add's config-options for each game (as you alreday mentioned). I'll stick to this driver for now.

• P512 was capable for dojg 64 TAP AF which is AF x2, x4 & x8 ax, sadly the drivers only add AF x2, the Parhelia project for gaming was canned and these cards were used as 2D display adapters only which also explain why all the PCI-X & PCI-E APve models only use 64Bit DDR instead of 256Bit DDR.

• This is the card I ordered...but it has not arrived yet. Should be put in a SN45Gv1 Barebone with MCP-T Chipset.

Verstehe das wer will, der VK hat meinen Sofortkauf abgebrochen weil er den Artikel angeblich nicht mehr findet,

heute steht er wieder drin...

https://www.ebay.de/itm/234628592498?

?

• I bought my card in Spain two weeks ago and everything went fine :) except that I had no time for testing the card yet :rolleyes:.

Ich werde mich von keinem einzzzigen Prozzzessor trennen.
    Jedoch lockt es mich beinahe, ihn Dir zu überlassen, nur um zu sehen, wie er Dich in den Wahnsinn treibt :evil:

Meine Begehren

• Finally I got the parhelia! first impression, very powerfull, excellent image quality but very noisy fan.

• haha great to see others getting their Parhelia's, very cool! 8)

Sorry for nt being on my my Dual 12 core Opteron died and I was busy buying & bildinga new system, which I'll post in an other thread.

• MadYoshi

Sind beide gleich getaktet oder warum haben die unterschiedliche Bezeichnungen?

Wie machen die sich in den reinen Spielebenchmarks? Gibt es Unterschiede zwischen den beiden?

EDIT on July, 26th 2022 at 1:30 PM:

Sorry! In English, please:

MadYoshi, do both cards run at the same clock speed or why do they have different product names?

How do they perform in real gaming benchmarks? Are there differences between both cards?

Ich werde mich von keinem einzzzigen Prozzzessor trennen.
    Jedoch lockt es mich beinahe, ihn Dir zu überlassen, nur um zu sehen, wie er Dich in den Wahnsinn treibt :evil:

Meine Begehren

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Lotosdrache (26. Juli 2022 um 13:30)

• Nice cards but not ideal for gaming keep in mind only the AGP models came with 256Bit DDR memory interfance, these PCI-X models sadly only have 64Bit DDR memory interface, many people tend to ignore than and find out they suck in games, that is more than to state the obvious due to the low ram bus of 64Bit lol

Also English in my thread would be highly repescted, so I know wtf is going on, lmao :bonk:

What I can do is post my Parhelia Driver Archive here, might be interesting for some to look into, this will take a moment.

• MadYoshi

MadYoshi, do both cards run at the same clock speed or why do they have different product names?

How do they perform in real gaming benchmarks? Are there differences between both cards?

The different, i think, is the display output. The Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI (P256DLF) supports only two displays. The Matrox QID Pro (P256PRO) supports up to four displays. Chip and RAM clock, i think, is the same. I can't find any where any information. But that doesn't matter. My priority is the fun to build a system with this card.

Nice cards but not ideal for gaming keep in mind only the AGP models came with 256Bit DDR memory interfance, these PCI-X models sadly only have 64Bit DDR memory interface, many people tend to ignore than and find out they suck in games, that is more than to state the obvious due to the low ram bus of 64Bit lol

Yes, this information with the 64Bit, i also found. Also on the previous page from matrox:

Matrox Parhelia DL256 PCI

Matrox QID Pro

I have a product line-up from 2006 Product_line-up_2006.pdf. And there you can find the entry, that the 64Bit relate to the Bus Interface of the PCI Bus, because it is PCI-X. There is no clear information, that the card have 64Bit Memory Interface. So i hope, the Memory Interface will be also 256Bit. In the end, my priority is the fun to build a system with this card. Because my envisaged Board has only PCI-X and no AGP.

i removed the coolers for cleaning.

glidegallery <-- meine Voodoo Gallery [Domain 壊れてる]