Verhalten von VoodooMACs in PC-Systemen

• Weiß jemand wie sich die beiden VoodooMAC 4500 und 5500 in PC-Systemen verhalten, wenn kein PC-BIOS geflasht ist und keine (primäre) GPU im AGP steckt?

Kommt da ein Bild? Gibt es einen No VGA Beep Code?

Hat jmd. evtl. eine VoodooMAC mit MAC-BIOS zur Hand und kann da einmal in einem PC testen?

• Das würde mich auch mal so aus Interesse interessieren (tolle Wortwahl :rolleyes:). Tauchen ja doch hin und wieder mal auf.

Permanent aufgebaut:
    A7V133, Athlon 1,4GHz, 512MB, GeForce3 Ti200 128MB, SB Live! X-Gamer
    Für die LAN:
    TUSL2-C, PIII-S 1,4GHz, 512MB, GeForce2 GTS 32MB, 2x Monster II 12M, SB Live!
    TUSL2-C, PIII-S 1,4GHz, 512MB, GeForce2 GTS 32MB, 2x Monster II 12M, SB Live!
    CUSL2-C, PIII 933MHz, 512MB, G400 Max 32MB AGP, 2x 3D Blaster Voodoo² 12MB, SB Live!
    CUSL2-C, PIII 933MHz, 512MB, G400 Max 32MB AGP, 2x Monster II 8MB, SB Live!

• Use PCI.exe to readout what Bios the card has, Hank told me about this and I used the program to determine if my V4 PCI Mac or V5 PCI Mac had a MAC Bios or not:
    https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php…niffing_utility

once finding that out you can always decide to flash it to PC Bios or not, for V5 PCI Mac Prototype PC Bios 1.11_DVI is needed for the production models please stick to 1.18_DVI.

As for the V4 PCI Mac I Don't remember, sorry though.

• That was not my question.

I wanted to know, what happens when I put a functional VoodooMAC with MAC-BIOS inside a PC and try to boot.

Do I get a image on screen? Do I get a no VGA beep code?

I do not want to change the BIOS.

• oh oke sorry I happen to misread people easily ;)
    Not much, No VGA Beep error is what I got back in the day when I tried to test my V5 5500_DVI Rev.A1 2900 Prototype, for that I had to use an other VGA card next to it, then With PCE.exe I was able to read out the card's BIOS and found it had a MAC BIOS on it.

I flashed it with PC Bios 1.11_DVI and that worked fine, production models are advised to use 1.18_DVI, IF you plan on using it with a PC Bios, but with a MAC Bios no VGA Beep will most likely happen, but as always such things can always differ for some people

But hey I'd say try it out, it won't fry your PC, not to worry.