Anthony's 6K rebuild off Topic ^^

• A new build of VSA100-based cards is fine, but I see two major problems:

- If these cards will be selled, there is this small little license problem with nVidia. Building one card is okay and doesn't matter, building say 100 cards and selling them maybe not.

- There's a limited amount of spare VSA100s available, because they are not made anymore. Building new cards with them lowers the possibility to repair the original cards. If somebody can produce new chips, then it's gonna be fine.

The idea of new cards is totally fine, but it is not good for the original cards.

Just my two cents.

At least you understand me to a certain degree interesting I respect your post fully :)
    And yeaps you will have to deal with NVIDIA they bought all rights and patents of 3dfx back in 2000, so there is that as well.

And as most know NVIDIA are brutal ass wipes when it comes to such things, so I hope you can find a way around that.
    Linus Torvalds knows what its like to work with a company like n-Greedia lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWzMvlj2RQ&has_verified=1

Also if NVIDIA finds out you are making money from something they actually own, but without their permission and that goes for anything 3dfx labelled that is newly made, I am sure they will make a quick end to this as well they are like that.

Unless Anthony made good appointments or some form of an agreement with NVIDIA then it can be different.

But hey all might go well and things might not have to be as dark as presumed.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (22. Februar 2021 um 21:34)

• Nah I meant the original cards and not Anthony's cards, I already get that video he sent and all still the price is too high imo, maybe not too high for an other, greed always plays a role with such things even if it is really minuscule, but I do understand it from his end for the most of it so that is fine.

The values of the original cards has nothing to do with supply on demand, those cards have been around for20+ years and have been produced to the masses, their values need to drop big time.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (22. Februar 2021 um 22:00)

• if one doesn't agree with any of you they are all of a sudden a MAJOR THREAT aka a RED DOT TARGET, but that is not how the world works, you can't like everything, you can't agree with everything either, but the opposite just the same.

I won't reply on the other points as we are saying the same thing over and over again.

But on that point I have to say it is simply not true. If you check other threads over here you will find, that we disagree on many topics, but no one is getting 'targeted' or bullied for his different opinion. For me this is the big plus of this forum as no matter how hard you discuss in the end you could still have a beer with everyone. At least I would do :).

I have a bad history you you especially, I don't think I have to explain myself here again...or others would have to, don't do as if you never targeted me here, I don't want to look up the evidence and repost all the screenshots here it might fill up the entire page, you never even admitted it, left alone apologized, I am always the one apologizing in the end, it's a gift not everyone can share.

So please don't get me started.

You did never ever apologize on me, so please a little less drama. I have my history with you (btw when excalty did I deny I would have faced your comments or behavior before?), because I do treat you like an adult person that is responsible for himself and give you my very honest feedback on your comments and behavior.

What I recognize is that your emotions take you out of control and pushing out phrases like '...your poor families..' what is really out of topic and offending people and then you edit your comments and mark yourself as the good guy that is getting bullied after someone did respond.

So I ask you to calm yourself down before you write, so your emotions won't take you to the next escalation. Make your point, give your very best statement, but it is not necessary to directly or indirectly offend people, because of their different opinion or especially willing to buy something you consindering as too expensive.

• Very interesting, just finished it. Though I must say, your card is one of those "very different" projects he speaks of, and I doubt you'd want to sell via a distribution chain given the low volume of cards you're likely going to produce. That's especially true when giving chip availability a quick thought; VSA-100's aren't going to be available at a significant number I suppose, and they probably aren't right now? Thus, you're not even remotely going to come close to a batch of a 1000 units, just my assumption of course.

I allow myself to further assume that it just comes down to bill of materials, transport logistics (very smart of him to mention that), manufacturing, your own hourly wages (R&D, testing, administration, support) as well as failure rates & RMA. Taxes I suppose, if it's going to be an official business (at wich point I'd be a bit wary of nVidia shitting on your cake, so branding should be considered wisely).

Naturally, if you do everything yourself, you'd need to invest a LOT more time into the whole thing (and it'd be mostly mundane and boring tasks), but given the supposedly low volume we're dealing with here, it'd probably be fine to not rely on additional parties? No?

*Mind you, I've never been into this business, so I may be overlooking quite a few things here.

you're right. some things cost much less for me, some much more, especially if we're talking about cost in man-hours. but a main idea in this video is obvious, even a batch with 1000pcs price should be 2.5x more. less the number more the multiplier. if i'll ever go to a sale with such an expensive card i'll have to pay taxes from every sale, overwise they will notice my transactions sooner or later and i'll get seriuos fines.

btw. even such a huge company as apple is close to that 2.5x - 3 multiplier

• Apple is a special case though, because they have a very strong, near-religious followship that will pay nearly any price. There are better companies to compare to I assume, like maybe ones like PowerColor, ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte, XFX, EVGA and so on and so forth.

If you buy Apple, you don't buy hardware. You buy expensive lifestyle upgrades in the form of an "exclusive cool kids club membership" and clean, stylish jewelery, that just happens to work as a smartphone as a small bonus feature on the side? ;)

That's quite exaggerated of course, but I guess you know what I'm hinting at here. ;) I'm actually surprised that the factor isn't higher for them...

About tax: So it's going to be official then. Like I said (and CryptonNite has as well), you ought to be careful about branding. I think it might be wise not to call it a "Voodoo" card or mention 3dfx anywhere. This has already hit the press pretty big as it stands. You don't wanna get sued by nVidia for illegal use of their trademarks.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• If you buy Apple, you don't buy hardware. You buy expensive lifestyle upgrades in the form of an "exclusive cool kids club membership" and clean, stylish jewelery, that just happens to work as a smartphone as a small bonus feature on the side? ;)

Your religion is the Anti Apple? Your attitude seems to consist only of extremes. Maybe not everything is always black or white. Thank you for clarifying that I am a member of a children's society that only wants bling bling.

• You ignored a very important paragraph in your quote, please don't rip things out of context! Also, take the smilies into consideration instead of taking everything dead serious. ;)

My attitude consists of sarcasm, irony and can be a bit cynical at times. ;) But I assure you, there's no religion involved. If you wanna make fun of something, it works best when you pick out the extremes after all. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• By the way, I too am for a split here (including some of my own posts which are out-of-context). This may make the new thread chaotic, but it would clean this here up a little bit, would probably be a good idea.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Dont know of this is the right Way?

The Opinion from an NVidia Manager is not worth a lot :saint:

Anthony use existing GPU´s, he does not produce any new stuff

But your stupid move may can generate some serius troubles for Anthony.

If you want to cancel any future projects, it is the right way you **********

In case of any Troubles caused by your selfish stupid actions, maybe you should never come back...

• I just did a simple trademark search with the United States Patent and Trademark office.

As of now, there are no active trademarks for the term "3dfx" anymore, one of the seven shown listings also includes the "new" 3dfx logo.

If I'm right, the last one was abandoned on the 30. June 2016. I'm not an attorney but if I'm right there are no issues to use the term 3dfx or the logo at this point.

• You do not only sue someone, if you think you can win.

Since the news hit the media, a few people at NVIDIA should already know.

Beside this, it was a move with clearly no hidden agenda. Everybody should be happy. Only winners!