Anthony's 6K rebuild off Topic ^^

• Sieht so aus als ob sein Beitrag im "Präsens" (Simple Present) geschrieben ist.

Oder irre ich mich?

Right. I think he have not contacted him yet. He only wanted to give Anthony the contact, just in case he would like to asked someone from nvidia because of his project.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

• NVIDIA owns 3dfx patents and their technology their marketing logo's you name it all of it.
    Yes the chips being used are old, but making new cards with the 3dfx branding on the cards & boxes would have to be accepted by NVIDIA for permission to do that, it's the law, that is how the system works.

Also breaking the law would be a stupid move simple and plain, but all the choice of the maker of these cards, that is their call.

Just don't lash this shit on me, I have utterly nothing to do with it, after all I am not the one making new 3dfx labeled graphics cards without the permission of the owner NVIDIA Cooperation, I just saw this entire idea as a major no no (Legal wise) thus I made my post about it, it's fine you don't like it, but sometimes reading the actual truth is never fun.

And it wasn't a dick move, it's truth, sometimes the truth isn't nice.

I prefer common sense over mindless claims, they are nothing but meaningless.
    Also I only posted Brian's contact info for aid really, I never posted that anywhere, rather strange you see me as the enemy, I am not the one that broke the law here now did I :/

Even saying something against something you love isn't aloud so may as well make a new rule no criticism against things we like or do, rather odd if that was a thing, it would never work in the real world.

I can't be sorry for things I didn't do now can I.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (24. Februar 2021 um 18:09)

• Hmm nice try with the insults again, your words not mine my dude, pretty immature I do have to admit, my oh my :')

And if I really wanted to end your fun, I'd mail the CEO of NVIDIA and in no time with one quick stroke all this ends really fast, but to be honest I don't see the point why I'd even do that it's not how I am apparently, I hope that does not disappoint you, yea?

Some people truly suck at reading my posts though, not going to lie and then only read what they want to read from their own point of view, that is all I am seeing here, but nice try if otherwise. Sja :|

Anthony use existing GPU´s, he does not produce any new stuff --> Uhm yes they are producing newly remade cards with new PCB's, new designs etc, so not all true.

Srsly Goldleader....

--> that was an ***** move.

What was a dick move? Please quite me on what I said wrong then?
    Since when is offering aid a dick move? :/

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (24. Februar 2021 um 18:16)

• Yes the chips being used are old, but making new cards with the 3dfx branding on the cards & boxes would have to be accepted by NVIDIA for permission to do that, it's the law, that is how the system works.

As I proved in my post, the trademark on the 3dfx brand and at least the new logo has been abandoned as of June 2016.
    You could even register a new 3dfx brand if you want to.

Edit: If you'd like to see this for yourself, simply go here and search for 3dfx: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f…4802:kwmdwy.1.1

The interesting thing is, that the trademark for printed stuff such as mounted and unmounted photographs, lithographic and photographic prints, postcards, greeting cards and trading cards was dropped back in 2004!
    The trademark that includes the newer 3dfx logo as well as semiconductor components, namely, graphics accelerator chips; integrated circuits; and video
    game hardware, namely, graphics accelerator boards was dropped in 2007!

Get over it, 3dfx is long gone and nVidia does not hold a single trademark anymore. They're maybe still in charge of some of the patents, but building such a card doesn't violate those as he's not building new chips.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von OutOfRange (24. Februar 2021 um 18:00)

• Yes the chips being used are old, but making new cards with the 3dfx branding on the cards & boxes would have to be accepted by NVIDIA for permission to do that, it's the law, that is how the system works.

As I proved in my post, the trademark on the 3dfx brand and at least the new logo has been abandoned as of June 2016.
    You could even register a new 3dfx brand if you want to.

Edit: If you'd like to see this for yourself, simply go here and search for 3dfx: http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f…4802:kwmdwy.1.1

The interesting thing is, that the trademark for printed stuff such as mounted and unmounted photographs, lithographic and photographic prints, postcards, greeting cards and trading cards was dropped back in 2004!
    The trademark that includes the newer 3dfx logo as well as semiconductor components, namely, graphics accelerator chips; integrated circuits; and video
    game hardware, namely, graphics accelerator boards was dropped in 2007!

Get over it, 3dfx is long gone and nVidia does not hold a single trademark anymore. They're maybe still in charge of some of the patents, but building such a card doesn't violate those as he's not building new chips.

Well thanks for explaining I always thought when a company buys an other patents tech you name, this will always stay in ownership of the new company owner, never knew these things would ever expire.

Thanks again though I really only tried to aid you guys by adding info on who to contact for such things also I don't understand all the hatred against me when I only tried to help, that is why my posts where rather defending my own grounds and rights, anyone would do the exact same or worse things and I really don't want to do worse things since most people here I still see as friends even if they would be angry or not, that is their choice..

3dfx is never gone for me alas x-3dfx isn't the company might be gone but the people aren't, or these forums would all of been irrelevant, gladly not the case of course :)

So is it possible for someone to resurrect 3dfx then?

Also that link got me this message:

This search session has expired. Please start a search session again by clicking on the TRADEMARK icon, if you wish to continue
    I clicked the trademark logo then searched with 3dfx and yea that got me the data I needed, thanks again :)

• Just send Brian Del Rizo an email to be sure if none laws are broken, heck I even has his contacts, kind man though :)
    https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Bryan-Del-rizzo/76201491

Ask him if this is all aloud if so you're all good right :)

Someone was irritated because you can read the first part of your sentence in different ways: You can add an "I" or "You could". Most people added the "I", so they thought you mailed him.

• Sieht so aus als ob sein Beitrag im "Präsens" (Simple Present) geschrieben ist.

Oder irre ich mich?

Right. I think he have not contacted him yet. He only wanted to give Anthony the contact, just in case he would like to asked someone from nvidia because of his project.

Sorry for my bad english ;)

That was exactly the reason, thanks for explaining <3

• Just send Brian Del Rizo an email to be sure if none laws are broken, heck I even has his contacts, kind man though :)

Someone was irritated because you can read the first part of your sentence in different ways: You can add an "I" or "You could". Most people added the "I", so they thought you mailed him.

Sometimes re-reading a post a few times can save from such messy misunderstanding, my English is quite fine thanks I am an Aussie afterall ;)
    My dyslexia causes me to make many typo's hence the masses of edits I keep making, I gave it a name aka Typolyfus which is basically what it is.

And if I mailed someone I would of written it like this

This is just an EXAMPLE, so please for the love of Master Yoda and his siblings, don't take this as true :topmodel:

Hey all I just sent Brian an Email asking about this situation, I will let you all know what his answer will be forthe state of this project if it is legal or not

Something like that, but then again I didn't contact anyone I just posted that to aid Anthony for a NV contact more not and yes if I had done than THEN it would of been a major dick move, but to be honest I am not like that, I don't need to share such poor minded qualities. :steinigung:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (24. Februar 2021 um 18:43)

• So is it possible for someone to resurrect 3dfx then?

The trademark or brand? Yes.

The technology? I'm not sure. There are 94 US patentes with references to 3dfx. One has to be careful, as these are just references, not patents 3dfx signed in themselfes. Some of them date back to the 80s and are about the principles of showing an image on a computer screen.

Out of all of these patents, only a handful are assgined to nVidia. The ones that were initially assigned to 3dfx are about SLI and something that has to do with the texture compression in the VSA100 (it doesn't name the chip but some way of filtering textures).

I honestly have no idea what that all means and how to grant permission to use any of 3dfx's technology again. I also think that it's not worth the hassle.

• What a thread. 8|

Do yourselves a favor and sleep on it for a night.

We are Microsoft of Borg. Assimilation is imminent. Resistance is... Error in Borg.dll. Press OK to abort.

• Did Intel sub-license FXT1, or did they just take it, as it was free and open-source software? I'm not aware of any license agreements having been signed between Intel and 3dfx. But still, even today, Intel iGPUs allow you to enable/enforce 3dfx FXT1 texture compression for OpenGL games in the driver panel.

I was of the impression that FXT1 was an entirely free and open-source algorithm?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• What a thread. 8|

Do yourselves a favor and sleep on it for a night.

I can't sleep well kind of the Nocturnal type I love the silence and the solitude, with music from Above & Beyond I'll get through the nights just fine.

Old 3dfx slogan ya probably remember, Sleep at Day, Play at Night :topmodel:
    It was actually: Work at Day. Play at Night, but yea :topmodel:

• But if you really don't want me to return, all because you misread me, this is the perfect example on how people can be mistreated all because when they are misread and misunderstood all because people like you only read half of my messages.

that isn't something I can solve man, but only yourself, being A Dutch guy that grew up and lived my entire youth in Australia I think in Australian all my systems are in English, I think and read in English, so as that goes, I am sorry I ever upset you even you should be the one apologizing, As I declare your insults as not nice, I will stand my ground if I am forced to. just like here and now.

Sorry Gold leader. I was reading:

I just send Brian Del Rizo an email to be sure if none laws are broken, heck I even has his contacts, kind man though

My Fail

• Well, I applaud Anthony for this masterpiece and hope we never stop seeing such cool developments. This sort of thing keeps the community alive.

I for one can only dream of such a card.

Sorry Gold leader. I was reading:

I just send Brian Del Rizo an email to be sure if none laws are broken, heck I even has his contacts, kind man though

My Fail

all good we all make mistakes as have I in the past won't deny it :) Nobody is perfect

Well, I applaud Anthony for this masterpiece and hope we never stop seeing such cool developments. This sort of thing keeps the community alive.

I for one can only dream of such a card.

And that I respect, if all of you love Anthony's work, that's great , nothing to be ashamed of.
    But what Backfire is doing will also keep the community alive for those that prefer original cards or those that need fixing over these really new ones.
    What he is doing I see that as a greater purpose, originals can't be replaced with new originals, hence why.

But you are right here though, this does open new choices for other people that do interest these new Anthony cards, so I do apologize my views on this earlier, even I will stick to the original 3dfx cards over these, but I don't see a problem for people loving this work as well, each to their own man :)

All cool.

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (25. Februar 2021 um 10:15)

• Some of us contribute to the preservation of the hobby, the community and also the hardware. Whether it's with their skills, abilities, or knowledge. No matter how small the contribution may be, we need each other to make it all work.

Without a doubt - an original is an original and irreplaceable. A replica, that is my humble opinion on the subject, should provide some added value over the original.

Nevertheless, there are many varieties in our hobby. Many people of different characters and detailed interests.

Our community is very sensitive. It is therefore understandable why such new things cause some excitement. But this too will calm down and at some point become as much a part of it as everything else that connects us.

3dfx

- Backfire -