Is there a way to make screenshots under Win2K for Glide games like Unreal?

• Hey all,

Currently I am doing a replay of Unreal Return to Na Pali with the V3 3500 system and so far I have not been able to make screenshots.

I tried Fraps 2.7.2 but every time I want to make a screenshot nothing happens no result I use the screen capture key functionf rom the AmigaMerlin 3.0 drievrs for the V3 they are made but result as black screenshots instead o f actual screenshots that I should be seeing:

So is there a way to fix this maybe?

Now I have top use a camera and make photo's a very crappy method

Also I found this easter egg of some German clan website

That url also still works, it lead me here:
    https://www.ocrana.com/

• hmm interesting many thanks :) I'll post an update if it worked or not :)

And nah a no go it gives scrambled pictures, maybe I need an older version of Fraps to do this I guess, Fraps 2.7.2 doesn't react for odd reasons.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (2. März 2021 um 16:26)

• Fraps has no Glide support! Answer from beepa support:

Zitat

Dear XXXXX,

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately no version of Fraps has ever supported Glide. It was considered at one point but never got added to the program. It may be possible to use a Glide wrapper that translates to OpenGL or DirectX and then Fraps may be able to work with the game.

Regards,

XXX XXXXX

HyperSnap 6 works very well with Glide:

Important -> you should activate "3dfx Glide" capturing.

Die Pixel beschleunigt, die Kanten gefixt, lang leben die Karten von 3dfx! :spitze:

• Oh oke nice I'll try that right away, just all the options I oversee things very easily.

And to use it in game is there a way I can make screenshots without the program form porting me back to desktop constantly, kind of annoying when in game rofl

Enable Post Processing of pictures when snapped from DirectX or Glide, hmm dunno what that does, hmm yes this does work only I get adds in my screenshots is there a way to get rid of that?

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (2. März 2021 um 18:49)

• Oh hell yea!!!

3dfx Voodoo3 3500 rocking at it's best!

Avenger Many thanks for helping me out here, now I can use this handy program for my upcoming reviews :)
    For 3dfx Avenger action upcoming from my part of the verse :) <3

• And mind you: This was the last game (UT99 didn't have it anymore, right?), that still bore the original "Epic Megagames" brand. Like, ya know. The Jill of the Jungle developers. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• The Jill of the what xD ya lost me there man hmm :/

Descent 2 from Parallax Software /Interplay will always be my favorite game of all time but besides that Unreal + Return to Na Pali really was bloody amazing, not gonna lie about it :)

I Guess Parallax Software would be my Jill of the Hill then xD weird

• Epic Megagames existed before Unreal, ya know? ;) They did 2D games before that, like "Jill of the Jungle", which was kind of a Jump'n'Run. Another great game of theirs was "Solar Winds", or the surely unforgotten and forever awesome "Jazz Jackrabbit". My favorite though was probably Tyrian - now free and open-source software as "OpenTyrian", ported to my Nokia E72 Symbian phone as much as to Android and to essentially everywhere else - the best topscrolling shoot'em'up ever made on PC, at least if you'd be asking me.

You may wish to investigate Epic's history from before the 3D era. There were some really good games made by them before that. I mean, it started as a one-man company in 1991!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Aah right well I was more in to games like Descent, 6DoF games in that part.
    Due to that, I never knew those things, Unreal, Quake, Prey yea I Knew those, even that prey was cancelled so many times it took til 2006 til that game finally came out, but all those you just mentioned, not so sorry, even so Platform games never got my interest to be honest.

it was all Flight sims like DiD 's F22 Air Dominance Fighter, Jet Fighter II & III, MiG 29 Fulcrum, Falcon 3.0 Gold & Falcon 4.0, Flanker 1.1 & 2.0, Wing Commander series. Wing Commander III Heart of The Tiger & Wing Commander IV: The Price of Freedom were my favorites Wing Commander V Prophecy wasn't too bad either then all the Star Wars X-wing & Tie Fighter games the Dark Forces & Jedi Knight series yea that were the true glory days on my end it had to be 3D and I had to have the feel of being in the games them self.

Only2D games I really enjoyed were Westwood Studios' Dune & Command & Conquer Series, in the end ya can't know weverything especially if it's something you never had interest in :) I am very selective in things I like or dislike, sorry it's just the way I have always been got autism and change is inbarable