Adlib Gold 1000 anyone? there is one on ebay rofl

• There is an Adlib Gold 1000 on ebay lmao :spitze:

https://www.ebay.nl/itm/254934754449

Sorry had to share this it's on one side completely retarded and funny on the other side.

2700 Euros,, just not even worth it haha, but it's funny how some sellers hope to have so much greed for a card that was well bad in many ways.

Yet it won't surprise me that some zealot out there will buy it, we have seen it with over valued 3dfx cards as well as other insane things.
    Also not so long ago a sealed one was sold for 4380 USD rofl! :topmodel: wheee

It's a shame that collectors value from some hoarders (not all) for a large margin are ruining the values for such things, on one side it's funny, yet retarded at the same time.

And here we all thought 3dfx cards were priced high hah, some sound cards just are off this world as what prices they go for.
    Then again fora collector the Adlib Gold 1000 tends to be that one Unicorn some really want to grasp for I guess, it dos look pretty though that I do admit, for something from 1991 with stereo Midi sound for an 8Bit ISA card, yea it is definitely interesting to see:

I downloaded the pics so they won't go lost :)

Here the cool Adlib Gold 1000 logo on the left and the OPL3 chip on the right:

The Adlib Gold 1000 wasn't a great card either actually, here a review by LGR about the sealed one he erm reviewed and opened lol, bye bye vlue for opening it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3SPe7hv-DA

Anyways thought this was cool to share 8)

• My Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS sounds better anyway :topmodel:

Join the club bro got an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum pro here myself but for 1991/1992 these were pretty nifty haha, but that Price WHY :topmodel::topmodel::topmodel: Kansloos xD
    Dutch for chanceless :bonk::topmodel:

Well I do have an AWE64 Gold CT4390 as well it has Gold in it the Gold name, it has OPL3 support, hmm maybe I can emulate the Adlib Gold 1000 with the AWE64 Gold haha funs xD

I gave it a clean too, received it Last Monday :)

It's for my Athlon 700Mhz Slot A Build :) with a MSI K7 Pro the MS-1995 :)
    Do'na little fun project, VGA will be my V3 3500 of course :)

The Audigy2 ZS Platinum Pro, the SB0360 is in my AthlonXP 2200+ :)

Here the entire set :)

Love that card, but yea collecting sound cards might be my new thing.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (6. Mai 2021 um 02:09)

• No it isn't it's all to blame on Creative as they were like the ones in control for the Yamaha audio chips these Adlin Gold 1000's also used, Creative said this chips were not good enough for mass production and this causes major delays for Adlib as well, still kind of strange tho that creative was in power of such things even that Yamaha was a seperate company from Creative & Adlib themselves back in the day.

I only think that if the Adlib Gold 1000 was released in Q1 of 1991 as it was planned to be released it would of been an amazing choice, and it would of gotten much better optimizations if it was released in time.

And maybe the market would of been a lot different as well, even if Adlib sold 250.000 units Creative already sold over 3 million Sound Blasters and this oo was breathing down the necks of the Adlib Employees as well.

I do miss the varied choices we had back in the day though VGA cards, Sound Cards CPU's you name it so many nice platforms

• It is sad, but thats the way. Have a look to graphics cards, CPUs and so on, only a few mayor Manufacturer will survive...

Creative have a very aggressive marketing at this time and a lot of sound card manufacturer can resist this pressure..

Adlib was only one good manufacturer, have a look to Mediavision for example or AudioTrix.. thats life

The only intresting feature on the gold was the optional surrond sound but this modul is missing in most cases. hope I will get a replika soon.

And the Color, look as the have real Gold Dust in the Top paint, and its generate a nice fine glitter effect in sun light, unfortunatelly hard to capture in a picture..

• Even greed is in all places even in the modeling community Herpa Premium KLM B747-406 PH=-BFA went for around 1400 Euros even they normally went for 250 euros it's still insane hoarding collectors our for the greed for more gold in the end no one gives a damn for the hardware not such type of sellers that are our for more and more coin.

I avoid those there are always ways avoiding such sellers, reporting them and making them known, warning other people not to buy from them is my method and it works wonderfully.

As for the Golden paint yea that is very interesting looks chemical as well haha, yea amazing how they got that in there.
    As for Media Vision they became the Aureal Semiconductor afaik, Media Vision made decent cards.

My dad's old 486 had a Media Vision Audio Spectrum Pro 16 20 voice sound card it even had a little volume wheel in the rear, was really nice.
    It used an ISA 16 bit connector.