Special Unified Xcelerator (V5-6K New)

• the cards that are for sale now are the 256mb or the 128mb version ?

Unfortunately, no information has yet been released, I'm sorry...

First review of the new v6k:

The Return of The KING!

For now use the translator, the English version will be published soon.

Enjoy the reading. :)

• Alright, I gotta say it.. I've held back, but I just gotta say it! "SUX", seriously? xD

Was that intentional? I mean, in regards to SUX or SUXX being used as a derogatory internet slang form of "sucks". It almost appears like some heavily cynical self-reference, but I cannot imagine that that was the original intention... When I look at the box design (which is beautiful, no doubt), it still seems to be screaming at me: "BUY THIS, EVEN THOUGH IT SUX (6000)"...

Would just be interesting if this is just an accident or truly intentional. Meant to be funny, maybe?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Alright, I gotta say it.. I've held back, but I just gotta say it! "SUX", seriously? xD

Was that intentional? I mean, in regards to SUX or SUXX being used as a derogatory internet slang form of "sucks". It almost appears like some heavily cynical self-reference, but I cannot imagine that that was the original intention... When I look at the box design (which is beautiful, no doubt), it still seems to be screaming at me: "BUY THIS, EVEN THOUGH IT SUX (6000)"...

Would just be interesting if this is just an accident or truly intentional. Meant to be funny, maybe?

Greatly agree with this :)

As for a the 256MB V56K you may have to fine tine the drivers with this seeing that 5500 AGP's & PCI as well as PC flashed PCI Mac cards with 128MB were somewhat unstable with certain situations as owners of such cards told me.

--------------------
    Had this as a thought for later projects or modifications:

Maybe anew Bios might also help, not sure, even tho a VSA-100 can even with with 2128MB Allocated to it's self as this was done to a V4 4500 AGP by Komponent, V4 4500 AGPs do have 8 ram sockets this was the dead giveaway that 128MB would work in theory and it did :)

No one managed with a V5 as you are forced to stack the VRAM and that caused other issues.
    Larger ram chips were also a no go since the ram sockets had a max SDRAM support of 16MB per chip.

V5's have 4 sockets per VSA-100, so 4x 32MB can give you the similar idea, this ever worked due to the socket limitation.

If there is a way to break this limit, you could as a hypothetical theory do 4x 32MB or even 4x 64MB per VSA and with that your goals could be endless.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (7. Juni 2021 um 15:15)

• Hi GrandAdmiralThrawn ,

I understand the perplexities but the reference is to the Robocop Film, it is the first thing that came to my mind when I learned about the name a few months ago, referring to the "Special Edition" of this version. It is one of the films I loved the most and I immediately remembered it as soon as I heard about this name.

Some references:

http://www.robocoparchive.com/info/thecars.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkeJbiqsQP8

Then, it is understood that the beauty of things is in the eye of the beholder. If the viewer believes it is the "Sucks 6000" it will remain for him.

For me it is the S.U.X. 6000 "Big is back. Because bigger is better!":spitze:

Great RoboCop, a film that I love that belongs to my childhood, and this New Video Card is great too. :)

• Alright, I didn't remember that (been a looong time since I last watched that movie). But then again, the "SUX" moniker was probably played for sarcasm there as well? ;) But like I said, it's been too long, I barely remember the movie.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will not get the reference though. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• I didn't get it and I was somehow shocked by the name and the Box because it doesn't fit the card imho. So thanks for explaining.

Agreed the name reads more like some insult if I have to be honest... Even it's copied from this car from the Robocop movie
    https://robocop.fandom.com/wiki/6000_SUX

Godzilla art is also a copyright, not something I would put on it, either, same with the name, just come up with own names & arts man.
    That will save you a lot of trouble.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (8. Juni 2021 um 10:50)

• How's the response to the moniker look in the native English speaking communities? Because without knowing the background, for us non-native English speakers it's - as 666psycho said - a bit shocking. First impressions do count, you know? ;)

As for Godzilla: I really like the touch, as I am a veeery big fan of the classic Japanese Godzilla. Given that Anthony has demonstrated quite some proficiency in business-related things, I am quite sure he knows what he's doing there. There might already be some form of a license agreement or an explicit right for utilization that they agreed upon and that we simply don't know anything about.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• How's the response to the moniker look in the native English speaking communities? Because without knowing the background, for us non-native English speakers it's - as 666psycho said - a bit shocking. First impressions do count, you know? ;)

As for Godzilla: I really like the touch, as I am a veeery big fan of the classic Japanese Godzilla. Given that Anthony has demonstrated quite some proficiency in business-related things, I am quite sure he knows what he's doing there. There might already be some form of a license agreement or an explicit right for utilization that they agreed upon and that we simply don't know anything about.

Well hope it all packs out well then, but personally this boxart looks cheap, lifeless and boring, it disrespects the card completely. :steinigung:
    It would of been nice if this version had a different face with a golden / brown color to the face something that makes it looks more like a box that suits the card.

The Voodoo5 6000 PCI face is a much nicer design I find personally.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (8. Juni 2021 um 11:16)

• Of course GrandAdmiralThrawn , I understand the initial shock, but it's all clear now ...;)

For everything else, Anthony has taken all necessary precautions to carry out his plans. He was also contacted by some Partners for the realization of some personalized "things". But if he wants to talk about it, and if things go well, he will do it directly at the right time.

• Meine Karte ist Heute angekommen. Mehr Bilder im 3DFX Bilder Thread.

Die Kupferkühler bringen doch schon ordenlich Gewicht, hätte ich nicht gedacht. Die Karte muss auf jeden Fall abgestützt werden..

Laut Anthony soll sie 195Mhz machen, sind ja VSA Rev 320 drauf. Dafür danke nochmal Löschzwerg

Leider schaffe es wohl erst nächstes Wochenende die Karte ausführlich zu testen, muss morgen arbeiten:thumbdown:

• Meine Karte ist Heute angekommen. Mehr Bilder im 3DFX Bilder Thread.

Die Kupferkühler bringen doch schon ordenlich Gewicht, hätte ich nicht gedacht. Die Karte muss auf jeden Fall abgestützt werden..

Laut Anthony soll sie 195Mhz machen, sind ja VSA Rev 320 drauf. Dafür danke nochmal Löschzwerg

Leider schaffe es wohl erst nächstes Wochenende die Karte ausführlich zu testen, muss morgen arbeiten:thumbdown:

Hi Maniac81 ,

I'm really, really happy for you! Congratulations! :thumbup:

We look forward to some tests and / or Benchmarks.

A "Monster with VSA-100 320" ...=O :love:

If I remember correctly, Anthony , having assembled it, was really excited and regretted that he couldn't build many with this VSA 320 chip.