3dfx Voodoo 5 5000 AGP 32MB Sealed Box by Valentyn, as a gift to me :)

• hey all :)

VA member & friend Valentyn made me this wawesome near perfect replica of the never released 3dfx Voodoo5 5000 AGP 32MB Engineering Sample

The photo used for the rear side of the box seems to be the card from osckhar :)

Since the wires on the cards I had were a bit different, as you can see here:

3dfx Voodoo 5 5000 AGP 32MB Rev.A0 3700;
    First card top & second below right:

Here the 3dfx Voodoo 5 5000 PCI 32MB Rev.A1 0900 for reference

Here some other dimensions of the 5000 AGP box:

Here some fun pics I made with my 3dfx Voodoo 3 3500 TV AGP 16MB box.

The dimensions are 100% identical so it really fits in any one's collection as well :)

And here the final Display :)

So major thanks for this awesome give Valentyn, I will surely send you something nice in return :respekt::respekt::respekt:

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (14. Mai 2021 um 20:17)

• I wonder who have designed that ugly Face from the 6000 an this box ^^

Really great Idea to make some good quallity boxes for display reason, but this face gets me every time <X

Leeel xD Well it's not too bad tho, then again the real Voodoo5 6000 Face wasn't the burnt face either from the start that is, it was actually the fire face from the 5500 series of cards with added bullet holes iin the box, I have a photo of this box art which is owned by osckhar from here at VA:

it's the actual prototype of the box as well, looks somewhat different than your average Voodoo5 5500 or left alone Voodoo5 6000 box right:

As the Voodoo5 5000 AGP box goes I love it, it's green and well green & Blue being my favorite colors it goes very well with the real 3500 TV AGP I have now :)

• All faces from the original boxes looks human, but this.. whatever.. Gollum face ^^ looks disgusting to me

I mean, It must be only looking good to you, if you are satisfied, than its fine. But for me this Gollum face is the reason why I never want one of the fake boxes. And this are fake boxes. "Replika" are allways new produced stuff that looks like the original. But I cant remember ever have seen a original 6000 box

• All faces from the original boxes looks human, but this.. whatever.. Gollum face ^^ looks disgusting to me

I mean, It must be only looking good to you, if you are satisfied, than its fine. But for me this Gollum face is the reason why I never want one of the fake boxes. And this are fake boxes. "Replika" are allways new produced stuff that looks like the original. But I cant remember ever have seen a original 6000 box

Most old boxes have gone to shites, It's good that there are those willing to use their gifted artistic skills to remake what we have lost.
    Fake or not them Anthony cards after all for some also just replica's with no history background either, which is true, but that doesn't mean they are bad designs, they function and get the job done and it is true I was first against the idea but I have respected it more and more, it is useful especially nowadays, they may even bring down the value of the originals and that too can also be a good thing.

And so the same goes for these boxes, only these box replica's give the collector or those that interest them an idea of how the actual boxes would of looked like if these cards would of been released, and as a gift I praise it of high value, replica or not that won't determine it's value in the end, it's the item that matters not the value.

And it's fine you don't like these things, then again it does not have to mean everyone is going to agree with you, the same for those that might disagree as well, all a personal opinion in the end and I respect that, as that is your choice.
    The bottom line is that these are the best custom made 3dfx boxes I have seen to date, replica's or not that is entirely irrelevant.
    They are awesome for what they represent with the finest of details.
    Stand alone the other boxes he made for the Voodoo5 5800 Special Edition that osckhar has worked on, the same for the Voodoo5 6000 boxes with the black face, all original to 3dfx's concept arts actually, accuracy is very well there.

As for the Voodoo5 6000 box I posted that is owned by osckhar, that is the only existing real prototype of the box with the burning face, just for your info if you didn't know yet, it's amazing that such things have been found and preserved.

As accuracy goes Valentyn's work is pretty close to the actual thing, being a modeller myself I can see this from a modellers perspective, I can see you lack that kind of expertise, it's not something everyone has of course, which is fine :)

• intresting, I didnt know that, but looks not as good as the other pictures from the other boxes

in this case a really good job, but still ugly as hell ^^ Dont know why I dont like it...

best of all Pictures was on the V2 box 8)

Voodoo2 box is boring and bland in my opinion the Voodoo5 5500 PCI & 5500 PCI Macintosh are fascinating as are the US Voodoo4 boxes :)
    Here a very cool concept art of the Voodoo4 4500 AGP art:

And the EUR version of the Voodoo5 5000 AGP box with the smaller 5:

Wallpaper of the Voodoo5 5500 PCI Maciointosh

Ah well we all have our likes and dislikes in the end, is with everything really.

• I´m not a graphics designer :saint:

My personal taste does not have to fit for everyone. I´m more into Hardware and not so hard in collecting from boxes.

When the build the 6000 boxes why dont they take the picture from that one original box?

oh it's fine , and as for that no idea , hmm would be a cool idea actually :)
    We'd need pics from all sides to make something like that happen though, osckhar being the owner of that box maybe he can help providing those.

That would be an interesting attempt though :)

• T-Bugger? What does it mean? I think it's a bug.

There is the same typing mistake on backside as the 6000 replica box.

Typo's happen as do mistakes look at 3dfx's mistake as their poor marketing management goes, this is just a typo, it won't bother me anyways :saint:

Because it's copy&paste ;)

it's not a copy+paste. that does not make sense, if it was a copy+paste the text would contain the exact same typos as 3dfx used and the exact same text as what 3dfx used. Know and understand the meaning of a word before you use it in your own context, that is your mistake in the end isn't it :/

p.s. No one is perfect, neither are any of you, so there is that as well.
    Also I fully respect Valentyn's work here, even he made mistake here and there, so what? who the fuck cares.
    He did it in pure dedication for those that really wanted something like this, please respect that.
    The same Anthony did his 3dfx replica's that was also in dedication for those that wanted that even they too have mistakes, nothing is perfect in the end, no matter how many people try.

• Typo's happen as do mistakes look at 3dfx's mistake as their poor marketing management goes, this is just a typo, it won't bother me anyways :saint:

it's not a copy+paste. that does not make sense, if it was a copy+paste the text would contain the exact same typos as 3dfx used and the exact same text as what 3dfx used. Know and understand the meaning of a word before you use it in your own context, that is your mistake in the end isn't it :/

That's simply a mistake made once. If it appears on other boxes, then it's copy & paste (because it saves time ;) ). According to Avenger, the same mistake is on the V5 6000 Box too. I think, a discussion about a typo is useless.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von CryptonNite (9. Mai 2021 um 20:45)

• Typo's happen as do mistakes look at 3dfx's mistake as their poor marketing management goes, this is just a typo, it won't bother me anyways :saint:

That's simply a mistake made once. If it appears on other boxes, then it's copy & paste (because it saves time ;) ). According to Avenger, the same mistake is on the V5 6000 Box too. I think, a discussion about a typo is useless.

As with aircraft modelings nothing is perfect even such things but yea a typo, doesn't bother me anyways :)
    If there are more mistakes found best would be to DM the maker of these boxes, that is if more will be made or ordered :)