Snow White - the New AGP 2x version of the Voodoo 5 6000 by Anthony! With the heart managed by the technology invented by 3dfx over 21 years ago.

• The 8K5A2+ & 8K5A3+ are the same only the 3+ has 4 UATA 133 connectors for the Highpoint 370 RAID chip as where the 8K5A2+ has 2 just like the 8K3A+ has and my 8K7A+ has as well :)

Nice find btw, from who did you get that board?

I haven't got such a board. I only know that it exists.

I own an Asus A7S333 Rev. 1.03 (SiS 745). On page 2, the manual states "SiS745 Chipset supports AGP 4X/2X mode." However, I have no idea and cannot find any information about whether its AGP is 1.5 V only or also 3.3 V. The slot itself is realised as Universal AGP.

FSB is limited to 133 MHz, 166 MHz is only for memory clock. So performance is it not really fast.

EDIT:

On page 60 of the manual one can read: "AGP Capability [4X Mode] This motherboard supports the AGP 4X interface that transfers video data at 1066MB/s. AGP 4X is backward-compatible, so you may keep the default [4X Mode] even if you are using an AGP 1X or 2X video card.

[1X Mode] provides a peak data throughput of 266MB/s even if using an AGP 2X/4X card.

[2X Mode] provides a peak data throughput of 533MB/s even if using an AGP 4X card.

Configuration options: [1X Mode] [2X Mode] [4X Mode]"

It reads like this board supports 3.3 V on AGP as AGP 1x and 2x cards are 3.3 V only.

But is this for sure?

Ich werde mich von keinem einzzzigen Prozzzessor trennen.
    Jedoch lockt es mich beinahe, ihn Dir zu überlassen, nur um zu sehen, wie er Dich in den Wahnsinn treibt :evil:

Meine Begehren

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Lotosdrache (30. Januar 2022 um 10:28)

• Wenn sowohl der Pentium M als auch die 6k gleichzeitig auf dem Mainboard funktionieren.

6k Support ist vorhanden.

Pentium M support ist vorhanden.

Pentium M + 6k soll laut Raff nicht funktionieren.

• Wenn sowohl der Pentium M als auch die 6k gleichzeitig auf dem Mainboard funktionieren.

6k Support ist vorhanden.

Pentium M support ist vorhanden.

Pentium M + 6k soll laut Raff nicht funktionieren.

Ich dachte Raff hatte Mal ein Artikel zur 6K samt Pentium M geschrieben? Dann habe ich das falsch in Erinnerung.

Wäre es möglich das manche 6K sterben, weil der Unterbau zu schnell ist?

Ich hatte Mal ein V2 Pärchen auf nem P4 Setup mit etwas über 4Ghz. Die Karten begannen unter Last zu fiepen, als gebe es kein Morgen mehr.

• The only SIS chipset that is safe from my own knowledge is the S645 chipset and definitely not the SiS745.
    For all I know I can't state that as being sure because i have no experience with Pentium 4 in general only chipsets I used with Intel i850 for Socket 423 & Intel i860 for Socket 603 extremely robust and stable, but not ok for 3dfx AGP boards, except the Voodoo4 4500 AGP of course and the all the PCI 2.1 liveries Voodoo3 and up.

a 5500 AGP might work but a 6000 is a different beast to tame and things may go bad even if you try booting the system.
    Not every board of the same chipset was listed basically we tested on with what we had and some of the 6K owners found out that some boards of the same chipset from different brands were a total no go as where others were.

Why this is a thing even today is a mystery to me, but it would be nice to pan that out for once and for all, so test your board with a 5500 AGP see what it does as for the 6K Anthony's cards use PLX they might work but this still says nothing for the original 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Revisions, PLX is not HiNT even they play a similar role, that I know by heart, as maker of the world owner list for Voodoo5 6000 & 5000 owners.

This might be kind of a silly question but if I wanted to purchase one of these voodoo 5 6000 reproductions I would want to message Anthony correct?

And yes you would you can send him a dm here via Voodoo Alert or contact him via his facebook page which can be found here:
    https://www.facebook.com/zxc64.hw

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (31. Januar 2022 um 02:47)

• Alright thank you :)