Snow White - the New AGP 2x version of the Voodoo 5 6000 by Anthony! With the heart managed by the technology invented by 3dfx over 21 years ago.

• Thread:

English

Hello everybody,

i open this Thread which will be dedicated to Anthony's future creation.

Published, on the developer page, the first images of the next version of the new video card that is being designed in the AGP 2x version.

For comparison, I added the image of the new agp1x video card to the pci 33/66mhz version.

I amicably called "SnowWhite6K", but the video card doesn't have a real name.

it is 2mm longer than the original v56k version.

The contrast of the white with the black components is really impactful. It would be nice to have black smd capacitors too, who knows if they are on the market.

The VGA pass-through is gone and I understand why, this is the primary video card.

Who knows why with this contrast of colors the installed components seem very few...;)

Update 18/01/2022

The Snow White category, the new video card based on the original 3dfx design, the Voodoo 5 6000 Agp prototype, is enriched with new versions, which differ in colour:

The version that really impressed me is the Red one.:respekt:

Update 02/01/2022

Currently the version of the box is defined for Snow White Agp. Due to a printing error, it was decided to repeat it and print it in a glossy version to show off the colours better.

The manual is available in PDF format for now.

As soon as it is ready, it will be published on the developer's Page and also here.

It can be ordered writing to Anthony or, when completed, from the ZXCLXIV website.

Snow White Box:

Manual in PDF format:

https://scontent.fvrn2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/…xDg&oe=61D7B29C

Update 13/10/2021

The video card really got the name Snow White and the new box was made:

The graphics are inspired by the short film made by the designers of Betty Boop, in 1933, dedicated to Snow White:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBx3qYGxL8

And was made by Batyra, Hardware/3dfx Collector and excellent Designer:

https://collection.batyra.pl/graphics/3dfx

I start from this Iterview with the Developer and Enthusiast of the 3dfx World, released on March 4, 2021:

Special Unified Xcelerator 6000 Original Drawings Prototype

Hi Anthony and welcome to the community.

It has been a while since our last meeting.

It was May 8, 2020 and you were struggling with the construction of the 2D video module for Quantum3D x24.

The interview from that time can be read in the Thread dedicated to the: King Shaman 20MB & MGV2020 4MB 2D Video Module Review

What work do you currently do and what impact has this period of restrictions had on your professional, private life and on your creations?

• Currently I'm doing work which i don't like much. I'm assembling some cards. That strange period doesn't impact my activities much. Most annoying part is unpredictable shipping time in some cases and raising prices. Really, not much to complain about.

In the previous interview, I asked you about your future projects and you answered with a metaphor, which corresponded to a "No Comment". Did you know that, with your latest creation, you were facing a great success or a great failure?

• I expected minor success, maybe partly working board. But reality exceeded my expectations, everything went fine from the first attempt. Only minor errors in strapping configurations I've encountered. I got lucky with my big cards (King Shamans and this one), every project causes no troubles for me. Bigger is better.

With your latest creation, which you dubbed Napalm 6000 S.U.X. , thanks to the 3dfx voodoo5 6000 Agp 128MB offered for your research by our friend, you have performed a non-destructive Reverse Engineering, even if the video card was hopelessly not working.

Maybe because you had one of the latest Original Prototypes created by 3dfx in your hands?

• Name for that project will be Special Unified Xcelerator 6000, at least for the first production batch. There will be a special box with a custom art. Actually, i had a chance to get my hands on a fully functional V56K card, what helped a lot. I did some measurements with an oscilloscope, which were impossible on a non-working card. V56K has some tricky solutions, it was pretty hard for me to figure out some of these.

With this unofficial Remake prototype of the 3dfx voodoo5 6000 Agp 128MB, which I would define as “your personal interpretation” of how this video card should be for you, you have completely changed, once again, the layout of the original pcb and components.

Can you describe the difficulties you have encountered, the improvements you have made and obtained with this release of yours?

• Layout of that card is close to the original V56K, except the power supply unit and a VGA switcher. No way to make something different, even if i had such intentions. Components are the same too, except these parts, once again. No significant difficulties i have encountered while PCB routing, all went quite smooth and in a pleasant way, no thrilling stories to tell. I think it's because i did other VSA based projects before and got some background and experience. Evident improvement is the existence of mounting holes for coolers, maybe a power unit too. Also this card has less banding effect rather than original V56K, you know infamous SLI banding which is very well visible in helicopter test in 3DMark2000.

Was the Pci Rework, performed by Hank Semenec, ex 3dfx Engineer, to make the original 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Agp 128MB prototypes working, also necessary on your latest creation and implemented in the Napalm 6K scheme?

• I’ve made PCI clocks routing in a proper way, i believe it’ll work fine. Anyway, some tests are still in progress and we’ll see upcoming results.

In this last period, you will be inundated with compliments for your new creation.

But, at the same time, you also received a lot of criticism. In your opinion, why is part of the community and 3dfx fans against these creations of yours?

• I didn’t see a lot of criticism. To make a criticism you should familiarize yourself with a subject, make some tests or something like that, at least to read or to watch such results from other people. Otherwise it should be called a "mere words".

Now that you have almost reached the top of the pyramid, do you believe that your attention will shift elsewhere or are you going to see "how it works", just for personal knowledge or to learn useful new information, the Rampage series and the Daytona series, the latter two. chimeras ever made by 3dfx?

• I still have a couple of projects in development. Not so exciting as a 4 chip board thou. Daytona sounds interesting, no chips available unfortunately. Rampage is a useless thing, there’s even no proper drivers, as far as i know.

In your opinion, communities like Voodooalert.de and 3dfxzone.it, which for more than 20 years "support" at its own expense, as you did with your projects, this technology created over 20 years ago by the late 3dfx, what impact they have had on your training and in expanding your knowledge?

• I like activities on such forums which took place about 10-15 years ago. A lot of interesting things, benchmarking, mods, new drivers, etc. I began with modding in 2014, i believe. But these days interest is fading. Maybe my projects will help a little bit to warm up some interest to 3dfx creations. Personally, I'd like to see some software development.

Anthony, I don't ask you one last question, but I leave you this last part for your spontaneous statements.

• Will continue to develop my latest project. Have plans to make an AGP version too. Have plans to make some fancy package. Still a lot of work to offer a good product and things are moving slower than i expected. Hope, eventually, all puzzles will be solved and people will be pleased.
    • Big thanks to all non-indifferent and enthusiastic people.

Anthony, we Congratulate you for your achievement and for the results achieved with your creations.

Now, with your creations, you are an integral part of the "3dfx Post Mortem Story".

I hope this is not the last time we find ourselves talking about this wonderful technology, because we would like to discuss it for a long time to come.

Special thanks

We thank Anthony (zx-c64) for being with us and for granting us this new interview.

Thanks to the Voodooalert Community and all its Collaborators for letting me publish this new Thread.

I would like to Thank Gold Leader for the exclusive SFFT Alpha 41 drivers modified by ps47 himself, for the advice in the FAQ section, and all those who will subsequently contribute to support this thread dedicated to the Snow White AGP.

Francesco D.V. (ciacara)

Hallo zusammen,

ich eröffne diesen Thread, der Anthonys zukünftiger Kreation gewidmet sein wird.

Veröffentlicht, auf der Entwickler-Seite, die ersten Bilder der nächsten Version der neuen Grafikkarte, die in der AGP-2x-Version entwickelt wird.

Zum Vergleich habe ich das Bild der neuen agp1x-Grafikkarte zur pci 33/66mhz-Version hinzugefügt.

Ich habe sie freundlicherweise "SnowWhite6K" genannt, aber die Grafikkarte hat keinen richtigen Namen.

Sie ist 2mm länger als die ursprüngliche v56k Version.

Der Kontrast zwischen dem Weiß und den schwarzen Komponenten ist wirklich beeindruckend. Es wäre schön, auch schwarze Smd-Kondensatoren zu haben, wer weiß, ob sie auf dem Markt sind.

Der VGA-Pass-Through ist verschwunden, und ich verstehe, warum, denn dies ist die primäre Grafikkarte.

Wer weiß, warum bei diesem Farbkontrast die installierten Komponenten sehr wenig erscheinen...;)

Update 18/01/2022

Die Kategorie Snow White, die neue Grafikkarte, die auf dem ursprünglichen 3dfx-Design, dem Prototyp der Voodoo 5 6000 Agp, basiert, wird durch neue Versionen bereichert, die sich farblich unterscheiden:

Die Version, die mich wirklich beeindruckt hat, ist die rote Version.

Update 02/01/2022

Derzeit ist die Version der Box für Snow White Agp definiert. Aufgrund eines Druckfehlers wurde beschlossen, es zu wiederholen und in einer glänzenden Version zu drucken, damit die Farben besser zur Geltung kommen.

Das Handbuch ist vorerst im PDF-Format verfügbar.

Sobald es fertig ist, wird es auf der Seite des Entwicklers und auch hier veröffentlicht.

Es kann schriftlich bei Anthony oder, wenn es fertiggestellt ist, auf der ZXCLXIV-Website bestellt werden.

Schneewittchen-Box:

Handbuch im PDF-Format:

https://scontent.fvrn2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/…xDg&oe=61D7B29C

Update 13/10/2021

Die Grafikkarte erhielt den Namen Snow White und das neue Gehäuse wurde hergestellt:

Die Grafiken sind von dem Kurzfilm inspiriert, der 1933 von den Designern von Betty Boop gedreht wurde und Snow White gewidmet ist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBx3qYGxL8

Und wurde von Batyra, Hardware/3dfx Sammler und exzellenter Designer, erstellt:

https://collection.batyra.pl/graphics/3dfx

Iterview:

Ich beginne mit diesem Iterview mit dem Entwickler und Enthusiasten der 3dfx-Welt, veröffentlicht am 4. März 2021:

Special Unified Xcelerator 6000 Original-Zeichnungen Prototyp

Hallo Anthony und willkommen in der Gemeinschaft.

Es ist schon eine Weile her seit unserem letzten Treffen.

Es war der 8. Mai 2020 und du hattest mit der Konstruktion des 2D Videomoduls für Quantum3D x24 zu kämpfen.

Das Interview von damals kann im Thread zum Thema nachgelesen werden: King Shaman 20MB & MGV2020 4MB 2D Video Modul Test

Welcher Arbeit gehst du derzeit nach und wie hat sich diese Zeit der Einschränkungen auf dein berufliches und privates Leben und auf deine Kreationen ausgewirkt?

• Zurzeit mache ich eine Arbeit, die mir nicht besonders gefällt. Ich stelle ein paar Karten zusammen. Diese seltsame Zeit hat keinen großen Einfluss auf meine Aktivitäten. Das ärgerlichste ist die unvorhersehbare Lieferzeit in einigen Fällen und die steigenden Preise. Wirklich, da gibt es nicht viel zu meckern.

Im letzten Interview habe ich Sie nach Ihren zukünftigen Projekten gefragt und Sie haben mit einer Metapher geantwortet, die einem "Kein Kommentar" entsprach. Wussten Sie, dass Sie mit Ihrer letzten Kreation vor einem großen Erfolg oder einem großen Misserfolg standen?

• Ich hatte mit einem kleinen Erfolg gerechnet, vielleicht teilweise mit einem Arbeitsbrett. Aber die Realität hat meine Erwartungen übertroffen, alles ging vom ersten Versuch an gut. Ich habe nur kleinere Fehler bei der strapping configurations festgestellt. Ich hatte Glück mit meinen großen Karten (King Shamans und diese hier), jedes Projekt bereitet mir keine Probleme. Größer ist besser.

Mit Ihrer neuesten Kreation, die Sie Napalm 6000 S.U.X. getauft haben, haben Sie dank der 3dfx voodoo5 6000 Agp 128MB, die Ihnen unser Freund für Ihre Forschung zur Verfügung gestellt hat, ein zerstörungsfreies Reverse Engineering durchgeführt, auch wenn die Grafikkarte hoffnungslos nicht funktionierte.

Vielleicht weil Sie einen der neuesten Original-Prototypen von 3dfx in den Händen hielten?

• Der Name für dieses Projekt wird Special Unified Xcelerator 6000 sein, zumindest für die erste Produktionsserie. Es wird eine spezielle Schachtel mit einem speziellen Design geben. Tatsächlich hatte ich die Möglichkeit, eine voll funktionsfähige V56K-Karte in die Hände zu bekommen, was mir sehr geholfen hat. Ich habe einige Messungen mit einem Oszilloskop durchgeführt, die mit einer nicht funktionierenden Karte unmöglich waren. V56K hat einige knifflige Lösungen, es war ziemlich schwer für mich, einige davon herauszufinden.

Mit diesem inoffiziellen Remake-Prototyp der 3dfx voodoo5 6000 Agp 128MB, den ich als "Ihre persönliche Interpretation" dieser Grafikkarte definieren würde, haben Sie das Layout der Originalplatine und der Komponenten noch einmal komplett verändert.

Können Sie die Schwierigkeiten beschreiben, auf die Sie gestoßen sind, und die Verbesserungen, die Sie mit dieser Ihrer Version erzielt haben?

• Das Layout dieser Karte ist nahe am Original V56K, mit Ausnahme des Netzteils und eines VGA-Umschalters. Es gibt keine Möglichkeit, etwas anders zu machen, selbst wenn ich solche Absichten hätte. Auch die Komponenten sind die gleichen, mit Ausnahme dieser Teile. Beim PCB-Routing bin ich auf keine nennenswerten Schwierigkeiten gestoßen, alles verlief reibungslos und auf angenehme Weise, es gibt keine aufregenden Geschichten zu erzählen. Ich denke, das liegt daran, dass ich schon andere VSA-basierte Projekte gemacht habe und so etwas Hintergrundwissen und Erfahrung sammeln konnte. Eine offensichtliche Verbesserung ist das Vorhandensein von Befestigungslöchern für Kühler, vielleicht auch für ein Netzteil. Auch hat diese Karte weniger Banding-Effekt als die originale V56K, Sie wissen schon, das berüchtigte SLI-Banding, das im Helikoptertest im 3DMark2000 sehr gut sichtbar ist.

War das PCI-Rework, das Hank Semenec, ehemaliger 3dfx-Ingenieur, durchgeführt hat, um die ursprünglichen 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 Agp 128MB-Prototypen funktionsfähig zu machen, auch für Ihre neueste Kreation notwendig und in das Napalm 6K-Schema implementiert?

• Ich habe das Routing der PCI-Clocks richtig gemacht, ich glaube, es wird gut funktionieren. Wie auch immer, einige Tests sind noch in Arbeit und wir werden die nächsten Ergebnisse sehen.

In dieser letzten Periode werden Sie mit Komplimenten für Ihre neue Kreation überhäuft.

Aber gleichzeitig haben Sie auch eine Menge Kritik erhalten. Warum ist Ihrer Meinung nach ein Teil der Community und der 3dfx-Fans gegen diese Kreationen von Ihnen?

• Ich habe nicht viel Kritik gesehen. Um Kritik zu üben, sollte man sich in ein Thema einarbeiten, einige Tests machen oder ähnliches, zumindest aber solche Ergebnisse von anderen Leuten lesen oder sehen. Andernfalls sollte man sie als "bloße Worte" bezeichnen.

Nun, da Sie fast die Spitze der Pyramide erreicht haben, glauben Sie, dass sich Ihre Aufmerksamkeit woanders hin verlagern wird, oder werden Sie sehen, "wie es funktioniert", nur um persönliches Wissen zu erlangen oder um nützliche neue Informationen zu lernen, die Rampage-Serie und die Daytona-Serie, die beiden letztgenannten Chimären, die jemals von 3dfx gemacht wurden?

• Ich habe noch ein paar Projekte in der Entwicklung. Allerdings nicht so aufregend wie eine 4-Chip-Karte. Daytona klingt interessant, leider sind keine Chips verfügbar. Rampage ist ein nutzloses Ding, es gibt nicht mal richtige Treiber, soweit ich weiß.

Welchen Einfluss haben deiner Meinung nach Communities wie Voodooalert.de und 3dfxzone.it, die seit mehr als 20 Jahren auf eigene Kosten diese Technologie, die vor mehr als 20 Jahren von der verstorbenen 3dfx geschaffen wurde, "unterstützen", wie du es mit deinen Projekten getan hast, auf deine Ausbildung und die Erweiterung deines Wissens gehabt?

• Ich mag die Aktivitäten in solchen Foren, die vor etwa 10-15 Jahren stattgefunden haben. Viele interessante Dinge, Benchmarking, Mods, neue Treiber, usw. Ich habe 2014 mit dem Modding angefangen, glaube ich. Aber in diesen Tagen lässt das Interesse nach. Vielleicht helfen meine Projekte ein wenig, um das Interesse an 3dfx-Kreationen zu wecken. Ich persönlich würde gerne etwas Software-Entwicklung sehen.

Anthony, ich stelle dir keine letzte Frage, aber ich überlasse dir diesen letzten Teil für deine spontanen Aussagen.

• Ich werde mein letztes Projekt weiter entwickeln. Habe Pläne, auch eine AGP-Version zu machen. Habe Pläne, ein schickes Paket zu machen. Es ist immer noch eine Menge Arbeit, um ein gutes Produkt anzubieten, und die Dinge gehen langsamer voran, als ich erwartet habe. Ich hoffe, dass letztendlich alle Rätsel gelöst werden und die Leute zufrieden sein werden.
    • Vielen Dank an alle nicht gleichgültigen und enthusiastischen Leute.

Anthony, wir gratulieren dir zu deiner Leistung und zu den Ergebnissen, die du mit deinen Kreationen erzielt hast.

Mit deinen Kreationen bist du nun ein integraler Bestandteil der "3dfx Post Mortem Story".

Ich hoffe, dies ist nicht das letzte Mal, dass wir über diese wunderbare Technologie sprechen, denn wir möchten noch lange darüber diskutieren.

Besonderer Dank

Wir danken Anthony (zx-c64) für seine Anwesenheit und die Gewährung dieses neuen Interviews.

Danke an die Voodooalert-Community und alle ihre Mitarbeiter, dass ich diesen neuen Thread veröffentlichen durfte.

Ich möchte mich bei Gold Leader für die exklusiven SFFT Alpha 41-Driver bedanken, die von ps47 selbst modifiziert wurden, für die Ratschläge im FAQ-Bereich und bei allen, die diesen Thread über die Snow White AGP unterstützen werden.

Francesco D.V. (ciacara)

• FAQ - Benchmark, Games & Drivers

English

1) How do you rate the Performance and Graphic Quality of my Snow White?

*by Gold Leader post

The games that you run with your 3dfx card tell you more how a 3dfx card actually performs in such scenario's.

Use AmigaMerlin 3.1 R1 for this

https://3dfxarchive.com/downloads/amig…p-31R1-full.zip

This driver will also allow you to use FSAA x8 at 1600x1200x16 btw.

SFFT Alpha 41 modified by ps47 & myself is best for OpenGL ES 1.2 support and Direct3D games seem to be very fast with it thanks to Anthony for helping me test with his designs, this is the driver I always use.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d5ubfbanikvgx5/sfftalpha41_custom.rar

ThundergL is best for raw OpenGL performance.

AmigaMerlin 3.1 R11 is best for all round performance and game support, when it comes to a stable all round driver set.

https://www.3dfxzone.it/monitor/am/go.asp?url=94

Same for AmigaMerlin 29 for Win9x/Me users.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/download/?object=3dfx&objid=216

2) What are the best drivers in D3D with windows 2000?

by Gold Leader post

SFFT Alpha 41 modified by ps47 & myself, you can grab that driver from here:

As for control panel there are two options.

3dfx Tools V2.6.1.110:

https://3dfxarchive.com/downloads/3dfxtools-v261110.zip

V.Control 1.82b:

https://3dfxarchive.com/downloads/v_ctrl-v182b.zip

1) Wie beurteilen Sie die Leistung und grafische Qualität meines Schneewittchens?

* von Gold Leader post

Die Spiele, die Sie mit Ihrer 3dfx-Karte laufen lassen, sagen Ihnen mehr darüber, wie eine 3dfx-Karte in solchen Szenarien tatsächlich abschneidet.

Benutzen Sie AmigaMerlin 3.1 R1 für dies

https://3dfxarchive.com/downloads/amig…p-31R1-full.zip

Dieser Driver erlaubt übrigens auch die Verwendung von FSAA x8 bei 1600x1200x16.

SFFT Alpha 41, modifiziert von ps47 und mir, ist am besten für OpenGL ES 1.2-Unterstützung und Direct3D-Spiele scheinen damit sehr schnell zu sein, dank Anthony, der mir beim Testen mit seinen Designs geholfen hat, dies ist der Treiber, den ich immer benutze.

ThundergL ist am besten für rohe OpenGL-Leistung.

AmigaMerlin 3.1 R11 ist am besten für Allround-Performance und Spieleunterstützung, wenn es um einen stabilen Allround-Treibersatz geht.

https://www.3dfxzone.it/monitor/am/go.asp?url=94

Dasselbe gilt für AmigaMerlin 29 für Win9x/Me Benutzer.

http://www.3dfxzone.it/download/?object=3dfx&objid=216

2) Welche Driver sind die besten für D3D unter Windows 2000?

von Gold Leader post

SFFT Alpha 41 modifiziert von ps47 & mir selbst, du kannst diesen Treiber von hier holen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d5u...ftalpha41_custom.rar

In der Systemsteuerung gibt es zwei Optionen.

3dfx Tools V2.6.1.110:

https://3dfxarchive.com/downloads/3dfxtools-v261110.zip

V.Control 1.82b:

https://3dfxarchive.com/downloads/v_ctrl-v182b.zip

• ciacara72 5. August 2021 um 00:42

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Looking forward to Anthony's New Creations with the heart managed by the technology invented by 3dfx over 20 years ago“ zu „New AGP 2x version of the Voodoo 5 6000 by Anthony! With the heart managed by the technology invented by 3dfx over 21 years ago.“ geändert.
  • Very nice

can you bring a green version too? dont have so much white Boards and Systems where the card will fit in.

Whats also could be intresting, AGP4x Connector, works as AGP2x but compatibel elektrical to a 4x slot.

Will give much more mainboards to use with

• Langsam wirds langweilig...

Hi CryptonNite , Do you mean the threads I create or Anthony's creations?

However, in both cases, I am sorry not to have your consent.

Well, there is nothing new to it. Thats all. These cards are great. I had the idea for RE'ing the 6k a long time ago, but it was said by some users that this is not possible and "Heissluft". Someone made it real, so in the end I was right that it is possible. He did a great job.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• a green PCB would be better yea,love this new design tho, mainly the improvements made to the power management section as well as the Dual Bios, the 66Mhz AGP Bus will bring this card to it's full potential, I am glad this choice was finally made, I also saw a Universal PCI variant was made, always good to see improvements being made :)

But as the Universal PCI version goes why not make a PCI-X 100 a 133Mhz variant unless this would never work? I mean AGP x4 is like PCI 32 Bit @ 133Mhz right? Just wondering tho :)

Also will the AGP versions have 128MB but 256MB liveries as well?

Thanks for the good news ciacara72 <3 :)
    S2 Sedan

Afaik all V5 AGP cards ran at AGP x1 setting and never electrical at AGP x1 ;)
    AGP x4 mods were applied to some 5500's but not sure if a 6000 could deal with this as well, even the V5 5500 AGP x4 cards ran with a 66Mhz Bus thus AGP x1 speeds only.

But it would be interesting if that can be achieved, yea, good point.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (5. August 2021 um 14:46)

• Ok CryptonNite , message received, thanks for the explanation. :)

S2 Sedan & Gold Leader

For questions about the color, the agp4x version, the 256mb on board, I could answer you but not in detail.

I would prefer developer Anthony to give you the right directions and answers. Maybe we can also find solutions by talking about it here, where it all started, at least in part. :)

• All good bud, we respect and understand that fully :) <3

CryptonNite
    Hmm I remember that thread I too believed it was possible, many just didn't want to put effort in to it, Anthony proved us that it could be done after all and I am glad this opportunity did become a reality, even I myself was so wrong on reacting against it, it's actually amazing, then again I regret all what I did back then and glad I was able to make peace with my sick mind and these awesome people here.

CryptonNite
    Hmm I remember that thread I too believed it was possible, many just didn't want to put effort in to it, Anthony proved us that it could be done after all and I am glad this opportunity did become a reality, even I myself was so wrong on reacting against it, it's actually amazing, then again I regret all what I did back then and glad I was able to make peace with my sick mind and these awesome people here.

Hm...

I don't mind anymore.

I've repaired my card this year and it works fine again. Thanks to oskhar, who replaced both VSA100.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

CryptonNite

Hm...

I don't mind anymore.

I've repaired my card this year and it works fine again. Thanks to oskhar, who replaced both VSA100.

Oh that's nice man, are they VSA-100-220's or 320's?

If running stock speeds the 220's should be fine, but a core voltage of 2.9 Volts seems to be better than the current 3.1 Volts they normally have, as Anthony explained me, , this can also help lengthen the lifespan of our Naplam based cards.

• The card has SAMSUNG RAM, so overclocking is not good. Both VSAs are 220.

I think, the card died from heavy modifications and overclocking.

The card is now nice and clean again.

Dennis_50300

• The card has SAMSUNG RAM, so overclocking is not good. Both VSAs are 220.

I think, the card died from heavy modifications and overclocking.

The card is now nice and clean again.

that is awesome tho congrats for getting your card alive again, V5 are nice things :) Still tho the V3 3500 will always be my long time favorite V3's image quality is pretty amazing and also ideal for older dos games as it supports the older 8 bit color mode very well from what I heard about.

• The newest project for AGP is fantastic!

Since the official developer page is on Facebook, which I'm not a member of and never will be, will we get informed here when the AGP version is available so that people can order it or does Anthony run an independent website, too?

Meine Voodoo-Karten:
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP
    2x Creative 3D Blaster Banshee AGP
    2x Gainward Voodoo Dragon 3000

Diamond Monster 3D Rev E