Looking for Voodoo 5 6000 card for sale

• pawel Hi there and welcome! If you are looking for an actual 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 (any version), it's pretty difficult as of late. Either way you will need some time and money for this journey. I managed to acquire one last year, but it was not easy nor cheap. Because there not many of them to begin with, it's hard to find. This being said, you are certainly at the right place and everyone is super helpful here.

Also, I don't know much about it but I was made aware of a 3dfx voodoo 5 6000 replica card that someone designed and built which is like the real card, just better in ways. I think it has up to 256 MB vram, is not as AGP/voltage picky and has a good internal power source connector and such. Maybe someone like Obi Wan Kenobi can chime in on this. I think he knows much more about it.

Just for starters.

Best,

• DerBiber hehe, das stimmt. Modernes Laptop habe ich schon. Aber anstelle meinen PC ständig auf und abbauen wegen wenig Platz in Wohnung, wollte ich eben sehen ob ich das als Haus PC eben auch benutzen kann. Laptop und PC aufgebaut lassen, habe ich momentan nicht genug Platz in der Wohnung.

• Warum nicht einen kleinen Pi nehmen oder in system in der Kategorie und einen kleinen USB umschalter. Die meisten Monitore haben zwei Eingänge.

• GrandAdmiralThrawn so, habe jetzt die Voodoo 5 6000 man auf das P3B reingesetzt und habe vga beep error bekommen (wie schon angekündigt). Habe deine alte Flash Datei runter geladen. Habe auf dem P3B diesen 1Ghz Intel P3 Tualatin mit Slotket laufen, also Multiplikator 10 mal 100Mhz. Habe jetzt auf 1006 BIOS runter geflashed und das ging soweit gut. Habe jetzt 1006 BIOS.

Voodoo 5 6000 funktioniert jetzt einwandfrei in Windows 98 SE :-)

Ich bin Super Happy und sehr aufgeregt.

Looking lovely than ever , some memories I do get when seeing that card again :)
    Dunno why I replied to helping you find one since you already have one, guess i got kind of confused then..

Should give Win2K pro + SP4 a go and a nice AthlonXP 2700+ in a VIA KT333CE based board some day, for now enjoy the Napalm 6000 in all her glory.

• FalconNic I'm glad Edmundoab's card is on your hands, just good to see it's in safe hands of someone that actually knows how to treat this card with respect and care <3

edmundoab This Rev.A 3700 is the one you sold to rottentreats remember?

From who did you buy your Rev.A 3700 from wasn't that from VMAN by any chance?

For those that don't know edmundoab, omega_supreme & I were a 3dfx collecting trio we always helped each other during our 3dfx collecting days, sniping Voodoo's from ebay to doing private deals helping each other out finding that one damn 3dfx card we all loved to add.

These were fun times I miss most tbh.

Afaik Edmund your Rev.A2 2600 went to VA member G1nX My 5K AGP also went to him I believe :)

Here the old gallery where your card was displayed in at Edmund's place in Sha Alam, 30mins east from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia:

Here the entire display he had, it was so lovely so colorful and tons of variation, I learned a lot about card types from Edmund as well :)

Especially about variants per chip type and who the old core collectors were, or who to contact on finding these things, it was so much easier in the years 2002 to 2007.

Here it's separate gallery:

https://www.3dfx.ch/gallery/in…or_edmundoab/V5-6K-3700-A

Been digging around and I remember his gallery, I shall ask Edmund from who he got the card from from what I can recall it was VMAN aka Big3dfx from FalconFly.de, I'll find this out for you so the background history of your card is more complete.

• Obi Wan Kenobi thank you for the lovely photos and the info with edmundoab. I would love to have a more complete history of my card if possible. Thank you for reaching out :)

Stunning collection back then. Really cool the way they are all displayed!

• Obi Wan Kenobi thank you for the lovely photos and the info with edmundoab. I would love to have a more complete history of my card if possible. Thank you for reaching out :)

Stunning collection back then. Really cool the way they are all displayed!

Hey thanks Edmundoab, Omega_Supreme & I would go nuts on spending out hard earned money to buy our Vudu's haha xD
    I really miss those days :X We were the 3dfx collecting trio in that sense, three Jedi Knights on the hunt for moar Vudu's :topmodel:

Here my old display btw:

Vudu's, Vudu's be everywhere :topmodel:

• Obi Wan Kenobi your collection certainly also looks awesome. I think we all go crazy about these voodoo cards, because they are filled with so many good memories and joys from our youth (for me this is at least the reason). I don't collect voodoo's for value, but I do collect them because they remind me of am amazing era. These were some fun times back then...

• Obi Wan Kenobi your collection certainly also looks awesome. I think we all go crazy about these voodoo cards, because they are filled with so many good memories and joys from our youth (for me this is at least the reason). I don't collect voodoo's for value, but I do collect them because they remind me of am amazing era. These were some fun times back then...

Well that are old photo's of what I had, glad I kept the photo's for that part, they do help me memorized what these cards were all like.

Currently I am doing a replay of Quake II with my Matrox Parhelia AGP 256MB 256Bit DDR @ 1024x768x32 in 1 Billion Color mode + Super Sampled FSAA x4 & AF x2, ye a a shame it never got AF x4 & AF x18 working, a 3rrd party driver would be nice to enable the extra AF modes, if only I'm like.

Along side 3dfx I love Matrox as well, Parhelia has alot to offer, it feels very unexplored as well.

Would look nice your your 6K< just use FSAA x8 at 1024x768x16 in 3dfx Glide mode and it will run very well seeing that this is a game from 1997.

• Obi Wan Kenobi ahhh, Quake II - so much fun. The only non 3dfx cards I've had that were able to do any 3D back then was my Matrox Mystique 220 with 4MB original release and later then the fast clock speed version. I remember it came with a special version of Mech Warrior 3 and Tomb Raider, which both at the time were equipped with Direct3D support :)

• Obi Wan Kenobi ahhh, Quake II - so much fun. The only non 3dfx cards I've had that were able to do any 3D back then was my Matrox Mystique 220 with 4MB original release and later then the fast clock speed version. I remember it came with a special version of Mech Warrior 3 and Tomb Raider, which both at the time were equipped with Direct3D support :)

I still get lost in Q2 especially how well hidden the secrets are, it's pretty well made even it lacks color here and there.
    How is your Voodoo5 6000 going, played any games yet?

• Obi Wan Kenobi she's doing great. I have played some Quake openGL version (love the CD audio tracks of the game) and I've enjoyed Unreal and Unreal - Return to Napali so far. I'm planning to play some NFS3 and NFS4 maybe this weekend and I want to install Forsaken and Diablo2 and give those a little run through :)

What was actually one of the latest games out there that supported glide? Trying to remember and to mind comes Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, and D2, but not sure. Do you know?

Still waiting on my i/o shield back plate from Russia for the mainboard (ports are currently exposed on rear of PC). This should also help that less LA smog and city dust gets into the PC. Really scary here. You don't clean the table for one day and the next day, you clean with a paper towel and the sheet is entirely black, not dusty, but black with gunk on it. It's scary regarding air quality around here..

• Obi Wan Kenobi she's doing great. I have played some Quake openGL version (love the CD audio tracks of the game) and I've enjoyed Unreal and Unreal - Return to Napali so far. I'm planning to play some NFS3 and NFS4 maybe this weekend and I want to install Forsaken and Diablo2 and give those a little run through :)

What was actually one of the latest games out there that supported glide? Trying to remember and to mind comes Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, and D2, but not sure. Do you know?

Still waiting on my i/o shield back plate from Russia for the mainboard (ports are currently exposed on rear of PC). This should also help that less LA smog and city dust gets into the PC. Really scary here. You don't clean the table for one day and the next day, you clean with a paper towel and the sheet is entirely black, not dusty, but black with gunk on it. It's scary regarding air quality around here..

Descent 3 & Freespace 2 are ones you'd really wanna give a go at these are amongst the most heaviest for any Voodoo5 based cards especially Freespace 2's Nebula'..

GrandAdmiralThrawn I remember you telling me this and yes that was some heavy stuff for the 6000 rofl

But yea Operation Flashpoint is one of the latest afaik.
    Hmm are there coal mines in your area maybe? May explain the the black dust issue :it could also be graphite exposure, as for the IO plate, that is always helpful to have around yea.

My MSI MS6195 K7 Pro and my EPoX EP-8K7A+ both have their original IO Plates as does my MSI MS6191 Micro ATX Slot A mainboard :)
    Just annoying many sellers ell a mainboard you been looking for and then the damn IO plate isn't included lol

I then be like WHY :?::!::/:topmodel:

• GrandAdmiralThrawn  Chosen_One  CryptonNite and everyone else, I need help with something.

So, I switched from the Asus P3B-F mainboard (working with v56k on bios 1006) to an Asus P2B-DS mainboard with initially bios 1012B. The v56k bios came up and then the award bios, but it gets stuck on the message "Initialize Plug and Play Cards". I then tried to put in a voodoo 3 3000 agp and it worked immediately. Then flashed the board down to 1012 which was the one prior 1012B from 1999 and checked. All good. Then placed the v56k back in and again stuck at the "Initialize Plug and Play Cards" message. Any ideas? The three different thing are:

Asus P2B-DS

1 GB RAM instead of 512 MB RAM

2 1Ghz Intel P3 Coppermine Slot 1 instead of 1 1Ghz slotket P3 Tualatin

If anybody got the v56k to work on the regular Asus P2B, I would like to know with what bios, what Intel and how much RAM...

Hopefully somebody knows something about this..

• Probably not a compatable Mainboard for the Voodoo5 6000 REv.A 3700.

Some boards will do odd things and leave you at a boot screen others givea black screen at start up, Intel based mainboards were more troublesome than AMD ones using VIA Chipsets for example

ASUS P3B-F (i440BX, v1.04): kompatibel (getestet BIOS bis zu 1006, höhere BIOS Versionen resultieren in einem "no-vga" Biep) Rev.A3 3400

Rev.A 3700 was not even listed and okay this was added back in 2009 to my list, as for the ASUS P2B-DS, it's not even listed, not surprised it doesn't get you much further than the boot tho, many ASUS boards were noted as troublesome.

Here a topic at 3dfxzone.it Hance Smenec made some interesting posts, then again even back then in 2006 people asked about the ASUS P2B DS, and my bet it never worked even back then
    https://www.3dfxzone.it/enboard/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1077

Most mainboards that worked use VIA & AMD Chipsets, a common well known thing and not too surprising either.
    Old news to me.

• Ich verstehe den Zusammenhang nicht richtig.

Du hast ein P3B-F, welches mit der V5 6000 läuft und hast jetzt ein P2B-DS versucht und das geht nicht, richtig?

Für 2 CPUs kannste andere Boards für Sockel 370 probieren. Da gabs auch glaube ich auch eins, das ging.

Also ich würde beim P3B-F bleiben, wenn das sauber läuft.

• I have some ideas. Some Crazy some normal.

1. Where did you get the BIOS Versions? I mean on the Asus site there are 1012 only for the P2B-D not for the P2B-DS

2. Disable the SCSI controller and whatever you can

3. what revision is your board do you have more versions of that Mainboard?

4. Try to put the BIOS chip from the P3B-F on the P2B-DS and try