Looking for Voodoo 5 6000 card for sale

• CryptonNite  Bier.jpg  Obi Wan Kenobi the functioning build is safe (keeper all parts and took photos on how I had it stacked together with all PCI cards and such).

The current build, I already tried removing all PCI cards, reduced the RAM to 512 and disconnected all FDD, HDD, optical drives. However, I did leave both CPU's in their slot1. Still same result. Also tried in the BIOS to disable "Halt on all errors" and I changed VGA order to "AGP, PCI". Also disabled to shadow VGA bios into L2 cache... No luck either.

I like the idea of disabling the Adaptec onboard SCSI, as I have not tested that. Another idea may be to load bios defaults because I have not done that after flashing down (didn't reload defaults because I didn't needed to when I flashed the P3B-F down). Then I was thinking if maybe the two CPU's are a problem. Want to try to remove one (If that works however, I will revert back to the P3B-F because what's the point with only one CPU on this older board). Lastly if all that doesn't work, I want to try to flash going up to version 1014.003 (latest released bios for this board and see what happens). If all of it is a bust, I will revert to the P3B-F board I think.

The P2B-DS is revision 1.06 (the version that can handle the P3 Coppermine 1GHz CPU). Swapping the actual bios module or flashing the P3B-F one into it, I think will brick it because the P3B-F has this CPU voltage management and these dip switches for auto jumping. The P2B-DS is old school and all FSB and Multipliers require manual jumping. Also older board does not do FSB 133, so not sure if swapping and mixing these two bios's is going to work...

It must be something that the P2B-DS currently doesn't like (conflicts) with the v56k because the whole build works fine if I put any other voodoo in there. Boots up all the way and runs stable. So certainly some v56k trickery there...

• Why not just test ist? maybe you can test even a P2B-F Bios on that Mainboard. If you kill one BIOS Chip you can always Hot-Flash them ;)

I Can test with my p2b-d / p2b-ds boards when my red card is here

• I tried many many things and it appears that the 3dfx Voodoo 5 6000 rev3700a that I have is not happy with the Asus P2B-DS mainboard. Looking further into it and reading the article Obi Wan Kenobi shared with me earlier, it seems that that's a no-go. Now I basically have a functioning Asus P2B-DS with 2* 1GHz Intel P3 Coppermines and 512 MB ECC RAM laying around. Mainboard worked fine with 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 AGP model. Maybe a second system or so, no idea what to do with it (unless anyone else has another idea as to how to get it to work).

Asus P3B-F seems happy with it, while it won't do anything with the excess RAM I put in, it even sees the 1 GB RAM in the system. I guess that was the only upgrade at this point, along with some better cable management. My latest functioning build is the photo attached to this post.

Maybe the P2B-DS mainboard would work with the rebuilt "snowwhite" AGP edition?!... I don't have one of these cards thou.

• 1. Get a other Case.

Here is a random picture from the internet:

https://retronn.de/pictures/hardware/486_system/graphics.jpg

every V5 6k will love you if you give her an case with a cardholder. Get one.

Get the PSU away from the button. That is a bad place. 1. Option it works as vacuum cleaner. All the dust from the Floor will land in it. And i don't think anybody looks under their case to clean the dust blocker (if it has one) or you could build it in with the Fan to top but then you will drop something in it.

2. Do some cable management right now.

I will test when i have my red version. But they should work just as yours.

• Yea sorry if a mainboard doesn't work even you think or hope it would, somethings just don't wanna go your way with such things, the original 3dfx Prototypes can be a bunch of pesky little things when it comes to such things.

Also the advice Bier.jpg gave you is a very honest one, it is true the card is 31.5cm long with the Quantum3D Support bracket, that black handle thing at the tail's end.

You could sell them parts and get a decent KT333CE based mainboard, give it a decent recap and a nice AthlonXP 2700+ that is what I would do, give it the performance it actually deserves and also less fuss with choosing a mainboard that actually works, more perfromance and far greater redundancy left alone stability.

The mainboard feinripp is selling is one of verty few mainboards that will work very well with the Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700 you have FalconNic
    So you can always go that direction as well, there is choice just as long you are willing to look beyond to what else is possible and probably better for the card as well :)

As for Anthony's Versions of the card I have no idea they use a PLX Chip I am not sure if the PLX chip carries the same limitations the HiNT HB1 SE66 carries.

His cable management isn't too bad, not everyone is perfect trust me mine was way worse dude xD
    I mean check :topmodel:

Yea Spaghetti Galore haha :topmodel:

So yea his cable management is fiiiine :topmodel:
    And I too didn't have the bracket support holder either, even I never used my cards for more than 3 days at most.
    Even though it would of been better, goes for any long card owner.

• Obi Wan Kenobi appreciate your feedback and comments regarding my build. The photo does not do it just, because honestly, I tried really hard to keep all cable's away from the front, especially near the v56k. Plenty of airflow there.

Bier.jpg I have the bottom filter protection in places and frequently check. I also always put the build back into the cardboard box the case came in, so that it remains 99.9% dust free. The bracket, you both are absolutely right! I wish I had the guard rail at the end to add support for the card. As of now, I have a little velcrow holding the card in place. Not perfect, but good for starters.

I ran my system yesterday basically all day and ran into no issues regarding temperatures around the HINT chip or anything else for that matter. When measuring it, the HINT runs in my system around 27-38C which seems friendly... Mainboard at 37C, Intel Tualatin running at 54C.

Also went into daring to install windows 7 on it on a totally separate connected SSD (while I disconnected the win98 SSD) and that went seemingly well. Driver's are a bit of a nightmare, but got the Soundblaster Live to work, same with 3Com 905B 10/100 TX, Linksys Wi-Fi card and USB3 controller (fun times). Did a test copy from USB3 stick to internal SSD and the good old system managed to do 85 MB/sec, so not too shabby! Regarding the V56k, I'm trying to have it play nice with the SFFT1.9 driver and that worked, but I am then getting graphic errors. I think it happens because too much GUI stuff is trying to load into the 128 mb vram and I'm also running windows 7 on only 1 GB RAM. Might starve a bit too much. I set all visual settings to minimal and loaded classic look, so no new skin and such. Runs better that way, but at times, the graphics driver (SFFT) stops working (likely when I run out of RAM). Next I will try and see if I can find 4*512 MB SDRAM PC100 so that I can run it with 2 GB instead. Got a decent older Google Chrome to work v33 and Firefox v45. Seems that these are new enough (2018) without the SSE2 requirement, so that I can do a bit of web here and there. Office still needs to find its way on there and once I get extra RAM of course, a glide video game to test (however, only as a test, since I rather boot and play in Win98 as it is much lighter and faster on the system build).

In case anybody has another windows 7 v56k driver recommendation/solution, let me know please. Also, I'm trying to have a system where I can boot Win98 or Win7 (that's my project goal, so not trying to go with much newer hardware, as I need things to also run in Win98). So far all good. Win98 RAM patch installed and it is happy with 1 GB and can apparently support up to 4 GB correctly, so that's good. Regarding hardware, only thing not running in Win98 obviously is the USB3 PCI card, but that's fine with me...

I'm still interested in Anthony's replica card because I would put a second system with all my Asus P2B-DS spare parts together and see how that would work (providing Anthony's card passes the silly "Initialize Plug and Play Cards..." message on that board :)

• You can't put more then 1 gb on that Mainboard. Max are 256mb per dimm. And that is only with double sided dimms.

If you take Debian you can run a newer firefox, and you won't run in that Memory limit.

• Bier.jpg mmmm, yeah, I'm running 1 GB on that board right now (4*256 MB double sided PC100 ECC SDRAM). I guess that's the Max the BX440 chipset can do.

Obi Wan Kenobi Does anyone have a KT333CE recapped mainboard with an AMD AthlonXP 2700+ with cooler ready to be sold that would be ready to go upon purchase? This being said, is that board windows 98 and windows 7 capable regarding drivers?

• Here the post of that 8K5A2 this is a good board for your card, ealtho the 8K3A+ was to me the better board, performance wise mainly being.
    [erledigt] Mainboard Sockel 462 mit VIA KT333 (Epox,Soyo,Gigabyte...) bzw. Sockel 478

Best boards for the Rev.A 3700 which you have are these:

EPoX EP-8K7A+ Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K5A2+ Rev. 1.2 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K5A3+ Rev. 1.1 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8KHA VIA Apollo KT266(A) Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

For all I know only these support all six Voodoo5 6000 revisions Intel & HinT based:

EPoX EP-8K3A Rev. 1.0 Rev.A0 0700, Rev.A1 1500, Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

EPoX EP-8K3A+ Rev. 1.1 Rev.A0 0700, Rev.A1 1500, Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

Now there maybe more but EPoX Related has the best support for most cards as long there is stable AGP 3.3v Support.

Other good boards are these:

Iwill MPX2 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P Rev: 1.0 Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

SOYO KT333 ULTRA DRAGON Rev.A2 2600, Rev.A3 3400 Rev.A 3700 & Rev.A 3900 kompatibel

For all I did was use what I was told my Hank and others that have proved these boards to be stable I just stuck to their methods and I never had any issues what so ever, we had to do on the info we were given and that's really it.

Also note that the Rev.A2 2600 and up are cards that use the HiNT HB1 SE66 PCI to PCI Bridge Chip as where the Rev.A0 0700 & Rev.A1 1500 Intel PCI to PCI Bridge Chip.

As for PLX I would not know much about that you would have to ask Anthony for that one :)

Bier.jpg mmmm, yeah, I'm running 1 GB on that board right now (4*256 MB double sided PC100 ECC SDRAM). I guess that's the Max the BX440 chipset can do.

Obi Wan Kenobi Does anyone have a KT333CE recapped mainboard with an AMD AthlonXP 2700+ with cooler ready to be sold that would be ready to go upon purchase? This being said, is that board windows 98 and windows 7 capable regarding drivers?

I only worked with a real OS aka Win2K Pro and did XP Pro for later gen NTFS Support the 8K3A+ as well as the 8K5A+ did those wonderfully, I did run 98SE + UnOfficial SP 1.6 & 2.1 it ran fine but I am no fan of those terrible operating systems Win2K Pro gave me the best experience with the Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A 3700n in general, the CPU overhead is much less and the system isn't over stressed either.
    My HiNT chip was always cool and never was over heating I could lay my finger on it without burning myself, this also proved me than these EPoX Bards are the ones you really want to use with such hardware situations.

• I have a few suggestions.

1. Remove that USB3.0 card, you are loosing massive amounts of performance even worse than a USB2.0 card. This is due to how heavy weight the usb bus drivers are.

The front side bus on that board is capped at 100 or 133mb/s (depending on bus speed) so it’s pointless the usb is capped anyway. Search some threads over at Vogons regarding USB card slowdown.

Better to transfer over LAN.

2. Best OS is Windows 98SE or Win2000 SP4. Windows 7 is not going to work on a P3, it will blue screen and stop booting after the first set of updates due to no SSE2 instructions. I recommend buying Oscar’s AGP to PCI-Express adapter if you want to run Windows 7.

3. Ditch the SATA PCI card. Startech make a quality ide to sata adapter that supports ATA133. You will free up IRQs and not flood the pci bus as again it’s only capable of 133mb/s. I run a Samsung 120GB SSD on one of these adapters and it flys along on my Epox 8K3A VIA ATA100.

Rampage - AthlonXP 3000+, 8K3A+ (Poly Mod), Voodoo5-6000 3700A Hank PCI Rework, Aureal Vortex 2, Win98SE
    Lunchbox - Pentium M 780\CT479, Asrock M266A R3.0, Voodoo5-5500, Aureal Vortex 2, Win98SE
    2000 - Dual P3 1ghz, Abit VP6, Voodoo3-3500TV, Live 5.1 | Live Drive IR, Win2000 SP4

1998 - P3-S 1.4ghz (Slot-T) , AX6BC (Poly Mod), S3 Savage2000, Quantum3D X24, Diamond MX300, Win98SE

1996 - Dual P-Pro 1MB SL25A, ECS P6FX2-A, Matrox Millennium, Voodoo1, AWE32, NT4.0

• Obi Wan Kenobi hi, wanted to check if you had a chance to talk to Edmund to see if we could get possibly a more complete history of my v56k card. I would love to know more about where the card came from after 3dfx :)

How is the Quake2 replay coming along? I remember Q2 was a really cool game too. My dad wanted to kill me back then when I downloaded the Q2 demo with my Fritz ISDN card which took like 6 hours or so and ended up costing about 400 DeutscheMark regarding Telekom phone bill :):)

Still trying to find this EPoX EP-8K3A+ Rev. 1.1 mainboard, but it seems like I can't find it on eBay or anywhere on google... Maybe one day..

• Obi Wan Kenobi hi, wanted to check if you had a chance to talk to Edmund to see if we could get possibly a more complete history of my v56k card. I would love to know more about where the card came from after 3dfx :)

How is the Quake2 replay coming along? I remember Q2 was a really cool game too. My dad wanted to kill me back then when I downloaded the Q2 demo with my Fritz ISDN card which took like 6 hours or so and ended up costing about 400 DeutscheMark regarding Telekom phone bill :):)

Still trying to find this EPoX EP-8K3A+ Rev. 1.1 mainboard, but it seems like I can't find it on eBay or anywhere on google... Maybe one day..

Oh I have not done much lately been in tons of pain physical pain, been having heavy arthritis pain attacks the migraine from the past 11 days finally passed me, this chronic illness is a pain to be very honest, thus I laid myself a bit back from everything really, sorry for that and for not being responsive as of late.

Anyways I just sent him a message via FB

Hey edmundoab feel free to fill us in if otherwise, my bad for asking ya about this I really have nu clue where you got the card from, even normally I should remember such things, heh.

As for EPoX EP-8K3A+ these used to be easy to find back in 2007 to around 2011, but once the hoarders came along, they ruined the stock for us, I don't help hoarders either, their ego & self importance isn't worth maintaining.
    But hey never give up the search I too want one, but then again I only stick to private deals.

• Obi Wan Kenobi I hope you feel better soon with the arthritis. This also runs in my family and I know it's no fun at all.

Thanks for asking edmundoab for the info.

Regarding the mainboard, I agree, it's a nightmare with the hoarders. If you come around knowing someone who has one for sale, I would be also very happy. I just don't know anyone who has that board.

• Obi Wan Kenobi I hope you feel better soon with the arthritis. This also runs in my family and I know it's no fun at all.

Thanks for asking edmundoab for the info.

Regarding the mainboard, I agree, it's a nightmare with the hoarders. If you come around knowing someone who has one for sale, I would be also very happy. I just don't know anyone who has that board.

you got a DM , it's not much but it's something I guess.

• Hi CryptonNite  Bier.jpg  Obi Wan Kenobi  Backfire  Chosen_One  Marlon  GrandAdmiralThrawn  Tweakstone

Hoffe ihr alle habt ein schönes Wochenende gehabt. Wollte mal meine kleine Sammlung zeigen, die ich habe. Natürlich nicht vergleichbar zu manchen hier die wahrscheinlich alles haben und schon viele tolle Photos gesehen haben, aber ich wollte meine Freude und Leidenschaft mit der Community einfach mal Teilen :)

Ich würde noch gerne drei Schachteln mit Karten und allem finden. Irgendwie schwer momentan diese zu finden :(

- 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

- 3dfx Voodoo 4 Mac 4500 PCI

- 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

Wenn einer von euch vielleicht mehrere davon noch irgendwie haben und ihr sie an mich verlaufen möchtet, sendet mir bitte eine DM

Gruss,

• Hmm didn't get much of that seems like a nice message nice photo tho <3

Are these the cards you are missing or seeking?

- 3dfx Voodoo 3 2000 AGP

- 3dfx Voodoo 4 Mac 4500 PCI

- 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 PCI

If so I can surely look around, since they are production baords they should not be too hard to find.
    Even if you find one on ebay try to reason with the seller and makean offer for less, this can help you get cards you are seeking it's an old method I used back during my 3dfx collecting days I would also show the seller myphoto's of my collection there by proving them you are seen as a reliable keeper or collector of the cards.

Not sure how sellers of today are but sometimes such methods can aid you buying things you really want.
    I hope that helps a bit :)