Bunte V5 6k Nachbauten Sammelanfrage bis 12.12.2021 (ehmals: Roter V5 6000 Nachbau von Antony Sammelanfrage.)

• Ich hab Anthony gerade eine Mail geschickt bzgl. der roten Karte.

Grün hat dann sehr viel vom Original und ehrlich gesagt finde ich es gut, dass man erkennen kann dass es sich um einen Nachbau handelt. So ist es eben keine stumpfe Kopie sondern eine eigene Karte auf Grundlage der 6k.

Voodoo: Athlon XP-2800+ auf MSI KT3-Ultra 2, 1GB DDR, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, SB Audigy Platinum EX, Win98SE
    Voodoo²: Athlon XP-2400+ auf MSI K7T266Pro2, 1GB DDR, Nvidia GF3TI500 und Voodoo 2 SLI, SB Audigy 2ZS, Win98SE

Mainsys: Ryzen 5-3600 auf Asus Prime B350-Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX2070, Win 11

Midrange: 2x Xeon 3,2GHz Dell Precision 450, 3GB DDR, ATI HD3850 AGP, SB X-Fi mit Frontpanel, WinXP

• Hat jemand zufällig Zugang zu einer solchen Box?

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/78031/che…ness/index.html

Anthony hatte ja gesagt er kann die Box für seine Karte nach Wunsch bedrucken, braucht dazu aber ein passendes Layout. Und ich hätte gern eine Box wie diese dort :)

Voodoo: Athlon XP-2800+ auf MSI KT3-Ultra 2, 1GB DDR, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, SB Audigy Platinum EX, Win98SE
    Voodoo²: Athlon XP-2400+ auf MSI K7T266Pro2, 1GB DDR, Nvidia GF3TI500 und Voodoo 2 SLI, SB Audigy 2ZS, Win98SE

Mainsys: Ryzen 5-3600 auf Asus Prime B350-Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX2070, Win 11

Midrange: 2x Xeon 3,2GHz Dell Precision 450, 3GB DDR, ATI HD3850 AGP, SB X-Fi mit Frontpanel, WinXP

• Ich habe diese Schachtel bei mir stehen, aber leider weder einen Flachbettscanner, noch Zugang zu den originalen Designvorlagen. Und per Kamera abfotografieren, das wird nichts. Diese Schachteln wurden damals von [Al Valentyn] entworfen. In Foren hatte er oft den Nicknamen "m14radu", müßte sich da um die selbe Person handeln, denke ich. Eventuell kann man die Entwurfsvorlagen noch von ihm bekommen.

Edit: Ich war schon wieder zu langsam...

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von GrandAdmiralThrawn (4. Dezember 2021 um 13:49)

• nee, ist nicht die sebe person GAT. Er ist Valentin, und ich Radu (m14radu) 😇

Andere Länder auch !

Eine v56k Box habe ich von Valentin auch bekommt, die Entwurfsvorlagen hat er nicht veröffentlicht.

Meine Meinung nach diese box, die nah am original ist, sollte mit die gruene nachbau zusammen sein. Andere farben und boxen arts...ist Geschmacksache, und weichen zu stark von der original 3dfx ab.

ich überlege mir auch an eine gruene nachbau anzuhängen 😋

• Mit Bitte um Entschuldigung, da hatte ich mich im Nick geirrt, habe das oben korrigiert!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Hi everyone,

as Strauchdieb already wrote, I´m also interested in a black card :)

because of this, there are some questions left. Anthony, maybe you can answer it?

- whats the distance between the holes around the GPUs? Would a regular chipset cooler also fit on it?

- I looked for the informations about the power of the rebuilt cards, but maybe overseen it... so here, again, the question: what´s the speed compared to the original V56k? Is there an advantage because of the AGP 2x (smaller bottleneck) or because of some other modifications, except the higher clockspeed?

- are there already some test results if there is an advantage from 256mb compared with 128mb?

- and last but not least, what´s the price for a black card without coolers?

I really would prefer a black one with copper coolers. This looks really good in my opinion.

@Bier, you had such a card with you at the LAN- Party in Thüringen and I had the chance to have a look on it. Really amazing!!

Best regards,

Wuuki

- hier könnte Ihre Signatur stehen -

• - I looked for the informations about the power of the rebuilt cards, but maybe overseen it... so here, again, the question: what´s the speed compared to the original V56k? Is there an advantage because of the AGP 2x (smaller bottleneck) or because of some other modifications, except the higher clockspeed?

- are there already some test results if there is an advantage from 256mb compared with 128mb?

It's a reconstruction with (almost) every flaw of the original design - except the "blowing diodes" and with a working PCI signal. Anthony, please correct me if I'm wrong.

64 MiB per VSA-100 can help in modern games that sport higher resolution textures, especially in 32bpp (which is common in newer games). Here are some numbers with a modded V5 5500 (128 MiB). You can see increases in Max Payne 2, UT2004 and Flatout in higher res: https://www.pcgameshardware.de/3dfx-Voodoo-Ha…odoo-5-1246254/ - but in common Voodoo games, 128 total MiB suffice in almost every case.

Guys, seriously, hasn't anyone read this arcticle? :adsh:

Best regards,
    Raff

• Diese Dioden haben ihren Grund. Sie gehen auch nicht grundlos hoch. Nur mal so... Am Rande...

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Nice article old friend, I also shared it at x-3dfx, such things always give a good read :) Anthony's cards are basically reverse engineered Voodoo5 6000's that come in four different liveries as well

Snow White 6000 AGP 128MB
    Snow White 6000 AGP 256MB
    S.U.X. 6000 PCI 128MB

S.U.X. 6000 PCI 256MB

see it that way they have some minor fixes as well, they even run faster there is a jumper to change the core voltage from 3.1v to 2.9v for some 2.9v can help achieve clocks of 190 and 3.1 v is good for 200 Mhz+, just hoping the VRAM will work along of course.

As the PCI Rework goes, Anthony's cards are free from that issue, he worked them out from scrap and using no official 3dfx blue prints of the original cards, then again they are true marvels worth being wondered, Anthonys Reengineered Voodoo5 6000's have improved routing, with this the PCI Rework was not even of need.

If it's purely about use stick to Anthony's designs, they are safer to use and they are faster as well, they cost a lot less and get you the wanted performance for a far more optimal experience, if the 256MB layout doesn't work with some games, not to worry, these also are equipped with switches or jumpers (or what you like to call 'em) that allow you to set them up as a 128MB card as well, if memory serves me well though :)

If it's collecting, well both 3dfx & Anthony's releases surely will look great in anyone's collection, both look lovely in my humble opinion.
    There ya go and I don't even one of of these cards yet, lmao :topmodel:

But yea please for the love of Master Yoda go read that article guys, there are tons of great information is written up in there, many things I could even relate to; well experience wise right.
    Maybe I could make a world owners list of Anthony's Snow White & S.U.X. 6000 cards, just an idea?
    If you need help on this feel free to let me know of it, I kinda know on how to take that on, heck I did it for the original 3dfx Voodoo5 6000's so why not a list of these reverse engineered ones right :)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (5. Dezember 2021 um 16:05)

• have some news. inquiring the pcb manufacturer for a few color variations in one batch, sure it'll cost more but i hope not too much, so if they'll approve i get pcbs in black green and red colors.

regarding coolers. mounting holes have 40mm distance (58mm in diagonal). if you don't like the coolers i use, strongly suggest picking appropriate ones, not cheap ones. good coolers are enzotech slim series.

the deducted sum for the coolers is $60.

• Bier.jpg 5. Dezember 2021 um 21:10

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Roter V5 6000 Nachbau von Antony Sammelanfrage.“ zu „Bunte V5 6k Nachbauten Sammelanfrage bis 12.12.2021 (ehmals: Roter V5 6000 Nachbau von Antony Sammelanfrage.)“ geändert.
  • i'm about to put pcb in production. planned 3 colors, black, red, green in a single batch. to confirm your intention you have to pay $100 on my paypal account. pls pm me for my paypal address and color you want. will accept orders in 3 days.

white cards are available (3pcs are left).