my initial Retro 3dfx build so far, AMD Athlon XP 2200+, 512MB, EPoX 8K3A, Windows 98 SE:

• anyone know how to make the UT99 GlideDrv go Fullscreen? stuck in Windowed Mode...

It is more likely that it isn't running in Glide mode at all, because it is not capable to run Glide in window mode. Better double check if Glide is really used by UT and not switched back to any other API for compatibility reasons maybe due to messed up driver setup.

• Alt+Enter

i will try this soon. another person on another platform has suggested this also.

anyone know how to make the UT99 GlideDrv go Fullscreen? stuck in Windowed Mode...

It is more likely that it isn't running in Glide mode at all, because it is not capable to run Glide in window mode. Better double check if Glide is really used by UT and not switched back to any other API for compatibility reasons maybe due to messed up driver setup.

i could re-install the drivers or something of that nature, but OpenGLDrv (experimental according to UT99) did go full screen from the start. i wonder is GlideDrv + Voodoo5 the best option for UT99 even?

• Alt+Enter

i will try this soon. another person on another platform has suggested this also.

anyone know how to make the UT99 GlideDrv go Fullscreen? stuck in Windowed Mode...

i could re-install the drivers or something of that nature, but OpenGLDrv (experimental according to UT99) did go full screen from the start. i wonder is GlideDrv + Voodoo5 the best option for UT99 even?

Maybe you can first check if Glide is chosen in the preferences menu or copy the glide3x.dll into the UT System folder. Glide is always the way to go if you are using a 3dfx card.

You could also download one of the later OpenGL drivers for UT and use Wicked3d with forced texture compression.

• Maybe you can first check if Glide is chosen in the preferences menu or copy the glide3x.dll into the UT System folder. Glide is always the way to go if you are using a 3dfx card.

UT99 use only Glide 2.x in my opinion.?

Also you can force any settings in the "unrealtournament.ini" file. You can find this in game directory.

Die Pixel beschleunigt, die Kanten gefixt, lang leben die Karten von 3dfx! :spitze:

• Maybe you can first check if Glide is chosen in the preferences menu or copy the glide3x.dll into the UT System folder. Glide is always the way to go if you are using a 3dfx card.

UT99 use only Glide 2.x in my opinion.?

Also you can force any settings in the "unrealtournament.ini" file. You can find this in game directory.

Alt Enter did not work.

3dfx Drivers: "voodoo45-10401b"

.ini settings: (note, i tried adding in forced options BOLDED below to no effect)

[Engine.Engine]

GameRenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice

AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem

NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver

DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver

Console=UTMenu.UTConsole

Language=int

GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine

EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine

WindowedRenderDevice=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice

RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice

DefaultGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus

DefaultServerGame=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus

ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient

Render=Render.Render

Input=Engine.Input

Canvas=Engine.Canvas

CdPath=H:

RunCount=52

UseFullscreen=True

[GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice]

Translucency=True

VolumetricLighting=True

ShinySurfaces=True

Coronas=True

HighDetailActors=True

DetailBias=-1.500000

RefreshRate=60Hz

DetailTextures=True

FastUglyRefresh=False

ScreenSmoothing=True

Resolution=Default

DescFlags=1

UseFullscreen=True

StartupFullscreen=True

----

ut99grfx.bmp

ut99grfx-2.bmp

• AMigaMerlin 2.9 for Win9X & AMigaMerlin 3.1 R11 for Win2K/XP if seeking anice global game supported driver.

But if seeking to run DXX-Rebirth for Descent 1 &2 with D1X Retro 1.3 & D2X Retro 1.3a, you'll need OpenGL ES Support, then I would recommend using SFFT Alpha 41 modified by ps47 & myself, which is this driver package:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/7d5ubfbanikv…custom.rar?dl=0

All you need is the latest 3dfx tools to go with it, which is this one:

3dfx Tools 2.6.1.110:
    http://falconfly.3dfx.pl/downloads/3dfxtools-v261110.zip

Otherwise Kool Smokey's Voodoo Control:

V.Control 1.82b:
    http://falconfly.3dfx.pl/downloads/v_ctrl-v182b.zip

Hereby I hope that helps ya out, All cards that worked with AM 2.9 were these:

Daytona:
    3dfx Voodoo4-2 4000 AGP 16MB SDRAM
    3dfx Voodoo4-2 4200 PCI + DVI-D 16MB SG DDR

3dfx Voodoo4-2 4200 PCI 32MB SG DDR
    3dfx Voodoo4-2 4200 PCI + DVI-D 32MB SD DDR
    3dfx Voodoo4-2 4200 AGP + TV-Out 32MB SD DDR

Napalm:
    3dfx Voodoo4 4500 AGP/PCI/PCI Mac
    3dfx Voodoo4 4800 AGP + DVI + TV-Out AGP 64MB

Voodoo5 5000 AGP x4 32MB SGR

Voodoo5 5000 PCI 32MB
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP/PCI/PCI Mac
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP x4 64MB
    Voodoo5 5500 AGP x4 64MB + DVI-D
    Voodoo5 6000 all 6 Revisions & all of Anthony's reverse engineered designs

As for AM 3.1 R11 & SFFT Alpha 41 Modified by ps47 & myself for Win2K & WinXP Pro, that goes for all of these:

Napalm:

3dfx Voodoo4 4500 AGP/PCI/PCI Mac

3dfx Voodoo4 4800 AGP + DVI + TV-Out AGP 64MB

Voodoo5 5000 AGP x4 32MB SGR (Only in Single Chip)

Voodoo5 5000 PCI 32MB

Voodoo5 5500 AGP/PCI/PCI Mac

Voodoo5 5500 AGP x4 64MB

Voodoo5 5500 AGP x4 64MB + DVI-D

Voodoo5 6000 all 6 Revisions & all of Anthony's reverse engineered designs

Daytona might work,. but I was not able to test that, as for AM 2. 9 the people from 3dfxzone.it & FalconFly were able to carry out tests for that.
    If there are any Daytona users & owners here at VA feel free to try these drivers out as well.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (17. Januar 2022 um 04:05)

• with the AM 2.9 drivers, can't launch UT99 w/ Glide:

"Log: Opened viewport

Log: Bound to GlideDrv.dll

Init: Initializing Glide...

Init: Found Glide: 2.60

Init: Glide info: Type=0, fbRam=4 fbiRev=242 nTexelfx=2 Sli=0

Init: Glide: Color buffers 3 failed, falling back...

Init: Glide: Resolution 12 failed, falling back...

Init: Glide: Color buffers 3 failed, falling back...

Init: Glide: Refresh 0 failed, falling back..."

Here's my 3dmark scores though:

• I would start from a clean reinstall of Win2K Pro and use AM 3.1 R11 instead.
    98SE has always given me issues and to be honest it's a shite OS it's that simple lmao

Biut... If you really want 98SE to work I'd use the latest UnOfficial Service Pack this can fix things but I was also told it can break things as well.
    When I Was testing the 5000 AGP I always used UnOfficial SP 1.6 for some time and later started using UnOfficial SP 2.1

You can grab those from here; version 3.66 is the latest it seems
    https://www.htasoft.com/u98sesp/

In the end I Just moved back to Win2K Pro + SP4 & RU1 for SP4 and gotten over it.

To enable Compatibility Mode in Win2K Pro, just use this command in the run command:

1. Start a Run box (Start, Run).
    2. Enter the following command: regsvr32 %systemroot%\apppatch\slayerui.dll.
    3. Click OK.
    4. Click OK to the confirmation.

• You're trying to use 32 bit colour depth. Some drivers have problems with that.

Try lowering the resolution or switch to 16 bit colour depth.

If OpenGL runs fine, than Glide will run too, because the OpenGL ICD is simply a wrapper an uses Glide. There is no OpenGL on Voodoos.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• 32Bit Glide/OpenGL can work as long you force the 32Bpp rendering in the drivers, but yea Voodoo's Don't have OpenGL Support, it's just emulated via Glide, it's often named as MiniGL I believe :)

• i installed the ut99 version 338 demo, and it seems to be working with glide but only 16-bit color

32 Bit Glide only works if you force 32bpp rendering in your drivers as I have explained earlier ;)
    it's in the 3dfx advanced tab under OpenGL/Glide.

• Did you try to lower the resolution?

There are some bugs when trying to run UT in 32 bit and Glide. If you're using 16 bit and the famous post filters, you should get a really nice image.

For me 32 bit never really worked acceptable.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Just don't go over 124x768x32, I tested this when I had the Voodoo5 6000 but also run s fine with the V5 PCI Mac I have now, Win2K Pro & XP Pro run it just fine, I am not sure about 98SE though :)