Voodoo5 6000 und Voodoo5 6000 by Anthony (Snowhite) compabilty

• Mal sehen. In zehn Jahren kriegste im 2001er noch mehr Punkte raus, weil die CPUs schneller sind.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Wie steht's um die Kompatibilität der PCI-Version? Theoretisch viel kompatibler, bringen diese Varianten laut den Nutzern ganz neue Herausforderungen.

Sehe ich jetzt keinen großartigen Unterschied zur AGP Variante, hinsichtlich Kompatibilität. Zickig bleibt zickig :) Lediglich um das "Abrauchen" muss man sich keine Gedanken machen.

Für PCI Tests nehme ich einen Adapter von AGP auf PCI, da brauche ich nicht extra die PCI Variante dafür. Mein Intel S3210SHLX liegt schon bereit und das hat neben einem normalen PCI33 auch zwei PCI-X Slots mit bis zu 133MHz. Auch eine weitere Adapterschleife auf PCIe wäre möglich. Gepaart mit einem Wolfdale o.ä. @ 3GHz ist da auch mehr als genügend CPU Leistung vorhanden.

• 3D Mark 2001SE is pretty useless, 3dfx cards lack T&L and proper full DX8.1 API support.
    It's the games them self from it's time, they will tell much more on how the card should perform, not some overrated and over commercialized piece of garbage like 3D Mark 2001SE, not something people should care about, it's senseless:steinigung:

Want to do a good review test like 50 games from 1997 to 2000 using 3dfx Glide API, MiniGL & Direct 3D.
    This is the information that most would seem more useful, not 3D mark with every review makes it' a same old boring story.

But I am sure if you are an experienced or professional reviewer you know what I am referring to.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (1. Februar 2022 um 12:13)

• Moin zusammen,

ich habe nun endlich auch Anthonys Wunder griffbereit. Was hier offenbar nicht zur Sprache kam: Wie steht's um die Kompatibilität der PCI-Version? Theoretisch viel kompatibler, bringen diese Varianten laut den Nutzern ganz neue Herausforderungen. Hat hier schon jemand etwas zusammengetragen? Besonders spannend ist hier neben der grundsätzlichen Kompatibilität zu Boards und Treibern auch die PCI-Geschwindigkeit des Chipsatzes. IIRC hat hier Modlabs schon etwas Schönes zusammengetragen; ich muss mal den Link herausfischen. Und ich werde sie in einem B550 ausprobieren (ja, AM4). :D

___

What about Anthony's PCI versions? Is any collection of knowledge out there? These cards seem to need special care in terms of drivers, although they are much more compatible with modern chipsets. I'm planning tests with B550/AM4 - wish me luck. :D

MfG
    Raff

English

Hello Raff,

I read your article and saw your video. You weren't excited at all....8o

But joking aside, how can you stay calm with three jewels in your hands?;)

For the tests you need to do, I would like to refer to a FAQ and a post on Modlabs.

The FAQ, which you will find at the end of the post, refers to a bug in the drivers for versions with 4 VSA-100 on Pci slots:

Strange Good Agp and Pci series! (v5-6k)

The post on Modlabs.net refers to Windows 98 se. A solution has been found for the limitation of the installable memory due to problems with the PCI slot speed on chipsets of the x30 series and later:

https://www.modlabs.net/forum/topic/60…post__p__304714

This is a translation of the post:

"Gentlemen!

The problem of low PCI bus performance in Windows 98 is solved!

Now everything runs fast even with 12 GB RAM! On the 30 series and all newer chipsets you can now also put in ANY amount of RAM!

Also the PCI speed problem on the 30 and 40 series chipsets will most likely be solved.

Instructions:

1) Download the MTRRLFBE.EXE utility from the author's site.

2) Run it before you start Windows".

I hope this will be useful for you.

Best Regards. :)

Hallo Raff,

Ich habe Ihren Artikel gelesen und Ihr Video gesehen. Du warst überhaupt nicht aufgeregt...8o

Aber Spaß beiseite, wie kann man mit drei Juwelen in den Händen ruhig bleiben?;)

Für die Tests, die Sie durchführen müssen, möchte ich auf eine FAQ und einen Beitrag auf Modlabs hinweisen.

Die FAQ, die Sie am Ende des Beitrags finden, bezieht sich auf einen Fehler in den Treibern für Versionen mit 4 VSA-100 auf Pci-Slots:

Strange Good Agp and Pci series! (v5-6k)

Der Beitrag auf Modlabs.net bezieht sich auf Windows 98 se. Es wurde eine Lösung für die Begrenzung des installierbaren Speichers aufgrund von Problemen mit der PCI-Slot-Geschwindigkeit bei Chipsätzen der Serie x30 und später gefunden:

https://www.modlabs.net/forum/topic/60…post__p__304714

Dies ist eine Übersetzung des Beitrags:

"Meine Herren!

Das Problem der geringen PCI-Bus-Leistung in Windows 98 ist gelöst!

Jetzt läuft auch mit 12 GB RAM alles schnell! Auf der 30er-Serie und allen neueren Chipsätzen können Sie jetzt auch JEDE Menge an RAM einbauen!

Auch das PCI-Geschwindigkeitsproblem bei den Chipsätzen der Serien 30 und 40 wird höchstwahrscheinlich gelöst werden.

Anweisungen:

1) Laden Sie das Dienstprogramm MTRRLFBE.EXE von der Seite des Autors herunter.

2) Führen Sie es aus, bevor Sie Windows starten".

Ich hoffe, dass dies für Sie nützlich sein wird.

Grüße :)

• Meine Snow White ist auch angekommen - aber in diesem Board läuft sie NICHT! HiNT wird nicht heiss aber es gibt immer NoVGA Beep beim Booten (unabhängig ob ich AGP 1x, 2x oder 4x im BIOS einstelle). GPU Power-Verbindung liefert auf allen 3 Leitungen 12V gegen alle 3 Masse-Kabel. Meine V5 5500 AGP läuft ohne Probleme...

Kann man also zu der Liste "Inkompatibel, aber ungefährlich" hinzufügen....

ENGLISH:

As my Snow White has arrived I tested my mainboard (see above) - it's not working (but it doesn't get hot either - so no harm). Just NoVGA Beeps (doesn't matter if AGP 1x, 2x or 4x is set in BIOS). GPU power connection working on all 3 connectors with 12V against all ground connectors. My V5 5500 AGP works like a charm...

You can add this board to "incompatible, but not dangerous"

Regards,

Marcus

Suche noch Hardware folgender Hersteller:
    - Quantum3D

- Canopus

• Would it be worth testing the Snow White AGP in my Tyan Thunder 2500 S1867 (AGP 2x / Pro) with the following chipset:

· ServerWorks ServerSet III HE 4-chip solution

· SMC 37B787 Super I/O chipset

As it has only 2x AGP it should be safe regarding 3.3V or not???

- Quantum3D

- Canopus

• Would it be worth testing the Snow White AGP in my Tyan Thunder 2500 S1867 (AGP 2x / Pro) with the following chipset:

you may test everything. frankly, i don't believe that the certain mobo can kill this card, if the mobo is properly functioning and not faulty.

you may test everything. frankly, i don't believe that the certain mobo can kill this card, if the mobo is properly functioning and not faulty.

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately, my ASUS CUV4X-D gives a NoVGA beep with my Snow White, so I'm looking for another board....

- Quantum3D

- Canopus

• I'm planing to use the M266A for now. have 2 boards here. A Serverworks would also be great if it gives you a good AGP Performance. PCI Cards don't run on it. :(

i tested long time ago v5 pci on the serverset iii (asus cur-dls) and it ran fine at 66mhz. although that chipset is slower than the bx.

• Oh was it the 5V 6k?

I had Problems with the 3 PCI Bridges on the FSC D1306 (resources conflict).

But that was the Serverworks III HE-SL and you have the ServerWorks III LE.

You should get more performance then the BX if you do something in the Background. Copy a File over gigabit Ethernet / listen to Music etc.

Because you have faster Memory (144bit vs 72bit) and you have the PCI Grafik card on the PCI-X channel, but Sound, HDD, LAN etc are on the PCI Channel.

Thanks for that Information!

• SOYO KT333 Dragon Ultra:

=================

I just found out that the manual says, the AGP voltage can be adjusted around 1.5 V - that means it is NOT compatible with V56K / Snow White aso. !!!

See here:

or here:

Vcore+++ Im Bios von 1,5 Volt bis 1,85 Volt 0,025 Volt Schritten / Jumper nicht verfügbar
    Multiplikator+++ Im Bios von 6x bis 14x / Jumper nicht verfügbar
    FSB++++ Im Bios von 100 MHz bis 255 MHz / Jumper oder Switch nicht verfügbar
    VIO++ VIO nicht veränderbar, aber im BIOS kann man die Spannung der Speicher Module (VDIMM) von 2,5 Volt bis 2,8 Volt und Grafikkarten Spannung (VAGP) von 1,5 Volt bis 1,8 Volt in 0,1V Schritten ändern.
    Core Voltages Supported

1.100V - 1.850V (in 0.025V increments)

AGP Voltages Supported 1.5V/1.6V/1.7V/1.8V
    DRAM Voltages Supported 2.6V/2.7V/2.8V

I also found a picture of the SY-K7VM333 which also ONLY supports 1.5 V AGP cards (VIA KM266 chipset):

So maybe the list is not correct about Soyo boards...? Martin K. What about the Soyo KT333 Dragon Ultra Platinum - is it really safe for a V56K? What does your manual say about AGP voltages?

- Quantum3D

- Canopus