CT1950R Sound Font Memory Module Upgrade for my AWE64 Gold Thanks to Anthony!

• I don't know this "Ranish manager" but when the 98SE setup complains about a NT based file, maybe that thing doesn't work properly. I did multiple 98SE installations on drives that were NTFS before and never had such a headache as you describe. I always use the normal fdisk from microsoft that is on the 98SE installation cd (and on the boot floppy if you have one), first remove all partitions including the "non DOS" ones, then make a primary DOS partition and activate it (to make it bootable), then exit fdisk and restart. Even if it does not get the disk size right, it worked every time for me. Now you can decide to copy the 98SE setup files to your harddisk (so you don't have to put in the 98SE cd every time you install a driver etc) or you can start the setup right away.

The installation "manual" by Tweakstone that GAT mentioned before is really helpful with the installation process, but its in german. I'm going with his recommendation and use the unofficial SP2.1e, there is a newer SP3.x, but I never tried that.

Voodoo: Athlon XP-2800+ auf MSI KT3-Ultra 2, 1GB DDR, Voodoo 5 5500 AGP, SB Audigy Platinum EX, Win98SE
    Voodoo²: Athlon XP-2400+ auf MSI K7T266Pro2, 1GB DDR, Nvidia GF3TI500 und Voodoo 2 SLI, SB Audigy 2ZS, Win98SE

Mainsys: Ryzen 5-3600 auf Asus Prime B350-Plus, 32GB DDR4 3200, RTX2070, Win 11

Midrange: 2x Xeon 3,2GHz Dell Precision 450, 3GB DDR, ATI HD3850 AGP, SB X-Fi mit Frontpanel, WinXP

• I don't know this "Ranish manager" but when the 98SE setup complains about a NT based file, maybe that thing doesn't work properly. I did multiple 98SE installations on drives that were NTFS before and never had such a headache as you describe. I always use the normal fdisk from microsoft that is on the 98SE installation cd (and on the boot floppy if you have one), first remove all partitions including the "non DOS" ones, then make a primary DOS partition and activate it (to make it bootable), then exit fdisk and restart. Even if it does not get the disk size right, it worked every time for me. Now you can decide to copy the 98SE setup files to your harddisk (so you don't have to put in the 98SE cd every time you install a driver etc) or you can start the setup right away.

The installation "manual" by Tweakstone that GAT mentioned before is really helpful with the installation process, but its in german. I'm going with his recommendation and use the unofficial SP2.1e, there is a newer SP3.x, but I never tried that.

that Manual isn't helpful since it's in German and it's hard for me to get much knowledge form it, plus all the screenshots are in German as wel, I am going to leave it for now it's just too stressing in the end. I Still have that Dutch Version which I did use with my Voodoo5 50000 AGP & PCI Engineering Sample Research project back in 2011.

I am not much of a good reader myself and I misread such things poorly, Dyslexia sucks with such things it's too much info in ways to take through.
    So back to old methods that I am used to using, Win2K Pro + SP4 for now as for 98SE that will happen on a different build that is less troublesome.
    P3/E 650, 384MB ram, BX440 something in that range, nothing too fancy.

The system is getting it's trusty old Win2K Installation now as for making a Boost Floppy I'll use WinXP Pro as I have planned at first, just taking a break from this now it causes piles of unwanted stress.

• Well there is some good news I found a nice floppy made a boot floppy and now are trying to install my Dutch 98SE OS which I used when I had my old 3dfx collection, I also removed two sticks of ram so only 1x 256MB is present.

Nevermind what I said back to Win2K pro it is and stays, for odd reasons no matter how I format the C drive it will not allow me to install 98SE on it no matter what I do, but 2K no problems, kind of given up on it Win2K pro master race it's the only OS that actually worked for my old PC's.

I too are done trying every time I try I too failed Anthony was right about that saying.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (27. Januar 2022 um 20:48)