• How about building the comdex 99 Voodoo5 6000 as it was first planned but couldn't be done ?

including dvi and tv out, Maybe AGP 4x / PCI

DVI won't work with Quad SLI cards sadly as Anthony explained before.
    TV-Out maybe as the 2x2 design goes this was just a dummy card, there were no traces on the board, it would not of been a cheap choice either from all I could understand.
    Here some photo's of it, these photo's were made by FalconFly yet the card is now owned by my old friend omega_supreme:)

Got these from my massive 3dfx photo archive.

• i have some thoughts about implementing a digital port or something like that. the main problem is that every try is so expensive, i mean the card's pcb is complex and there is no way to test something on 1 or 2 chip cards. moreover, an extra two or four layers required what makes the minimal cost of every try >$1k.

• i have some thoughts about implementing a digital port or something like that. the main problem is that every try is so expensive, i mean the card's pcb is complex and there is no way to test something on 1 or 2 chip cards. moreover, an extra two or four layers required what makes the minimal cost of every try >$1k.

Yea I can imagine that, for all you have done and insanely amazing job though, big respects there :)
    around 2007 a 2009 this was a topic that if the 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB could be rebuilt, there was not even a conversation of a 256MB model this happened many years later by my old friend osckhar<3

And there were some idea's here and there on maybe how to do this, but it never lifted off the ground until about 10 years later you proved us all that it can be done! So that is just fantastic, I should try and find that old thread, it's funny to look back to now :topmodel:

omg YUSSS I found it!!!

Here it is made by CryptonNite on October 28, 2013 :topmodel:
    V5 6000 rebuild Heissluft Thread :)

And in 2019/2020 Anthony came around and made this idea a reality, so awesome how that escalated :respekt:8)

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (13. Mai 2022 um 19:51)

• Yeah, I can remember very well^^

What a huge surprise and incredible joy when Anthony introduced his V56k rebuild. This was a fulfillment of a dream an the top notch of 3dfx Cards. We have now arrived at the summit :)

- hier könnte Ihre Signatur stehen -

• It seems that Anthony made the impossible possible, what I find most amazing is just hoe he worked it out, using no original designs or white papers from 3dfx, that is what I find most fascinating :respekt::respekt:

• Deutsch

Eine weitere Grafikkarte, die der Liste hinzugefügt werden kann:

MINI-ME Rev 1.0 (v4 4500)

MINI-ME rev 0.9 hat also 32 MB, MINI-ME rev 1.0 hat 64 MB.

Wir könnten es MINI-ME 64 nennen. ;)

Another video card to add to the list:

MINI-ME Rev 1.0 (v4 4500)

So, MINI-ME rev 0.9 is 32mb, MINI-ME rev 1.0 is 64mb.

We could call it MINI-ME 64 ;)

• hey nice one man :)

• For the 6k digital out, there are vga to hdmi(or whatever) converters, that work just fine, having a digital out on the card isnt the only option.

Someone just has to test a couple to see how they work with the card and different monitors. And in the end say... buy this one.

• Deutsch

Unglaublicherweise wird eine weitere Grafikkarte zur Liste hinzugefügt:

Changeling HDMI Version (v5 5500 NEW)

Ich glaube, der erste Beitrag des Threads wird bald voll sein! 8o

Hallo Dolenc und Willkommen :respekt:

Ich denke, dies ist ein Weg, um das Fehlen eines HDMI-Anschlusses zu kompensieren (Strange God), aber es ist ein Workaround. Die beste Lösung wäre eine Implementierung in die Videokarte, aber die Investition, die Erhöhung der Leiterplattenlagen auf 10 Stück, die Kosten für Mustertests, machen diese Lösung unerschwinglich. Besonders zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt.

Wie vom Entwickler vorausgesehen, den Sie gut kennen...;)

Unbelievable, yet another video card to add to the list:

Changeling HDMI version (v5 5500 NEW)

I think the first post will soon be full! 8o

Hello Dolenc and Welcome :respekt:

I think this is a way to make up for the lack of hdmi port (Strange God), but it is a workaround. The best solution would be an implementation in the video card, but the investment, the increase of pcb layers to 10 units, the cost of sample testing, is making this solution prohibitive. Especially at this time.

As anticipated by the developer, who you know well...;)

For the 6k digital out, there are vga to hdmi(or whatever) converters, that work just fine, having a digital out on the card isnt the only option.

Someone just has to test a couple to see how they work with the card and different monitors. And in the end say... buy this one.