• Hey Martin,

Waren hier auch die Aavid Lüfter im Lieferumfang inbegriffen? Wenn ja, welchen Anschluss haben die denn? Kann man die auf eine V5 5500 stecken ohne den Stecker zu modifizieren?

Danke und Gruß,

Wuuki

- hier könnte Ihre Signatur stehen -

• The smaller size of the heatsink isn't necessarly a downside. In these size levels heatsinks usually dont have any passiv cooling purpose. Its main goal is to provide a larger surface for the fan to blow over. As both heatsinks seems to be made of aluminium the heat transmission coefficient is the same. Maybe the lower volume could lead to less heat, that can be taken from the chip itself, what would lead into higher temperatures of the heatsink itself.

So to give a clear answer we would need to know the value of watts the vsa100 is emiting as heat to the heatsink, taking the heat transmission coefficient into account in proportion to the volume of both heatsinks and compare it with the value of heat the fan take away. Not to mention the air flow within the case that is been used.

But as I am too lazy for these calculations :D I would say it is going to work fine. Maybe to be sure a simple messurement with an infrared thermometer at the heatsink after a couple of hours of gaming would give the answer.

• Hey Martin,

Waren hier auch die Aavid Lüfter im Lieferumfang inbegriffen? Wenn ja, welchen Anschluss haben die denn? Kann man die auf eine V5 5500 stecken ohne den Stecker zu modifizieren?

Danke und Gruß,

Wuuki

Es sind Lüfter dabei ja. Allerdings normal 3 PIN Anschluss, sprich die passen nicht auf eine V5 5500.

• the fans Anthony used are actually industrial fans pretty much the same ones Backfire uses, the AAvid fans are worse of quality actually, these fans that Anthony & Backfire use are dual bearing fans and provide much better cooling and are less noisy.
    my V5 PCI Mac uses these same industrial fans:

A good advice would be to use these industrial ones instead of the original AAViD ones.

• The smaller size of the heatsink isn't necessarly a downside. In these size levels heatsinks usually dont have any passiv cooling purpose. Its main goal is to provide a larger surface for the fan to blow over. As both heatsinks seems to be made of aluminium the heat transmission coefficient is the same. Maybe the lower volume could lead to less heat, that can be taken from the chip itself, what would lead into higher temperatures of the heatsink itself.

So to give a clear answer we would need to know the value of watts the vsa100 is emiting as heat to the heatsink, taking the heat transmission coefficient into account in proportion to the volume of both heatsinks and compare it with the value of heat the fan take away. Not to mention the air flow within the case that is been used.

Deutsch

Hallo DerBiber,

vielleicht sind die Temperaturtests einer v5 5500 agp, die ich in diesem Thread durchgeführt habe, hilfreich:

https://www.forumzone.it/showthread.php?p=194867#post194867

Die Diagramme können nützlich sein, um die Verlustleistung der Original-Kühlkörper im Vergleich zu den Zalman ZM-NB32Ks zu bewerten:

V5 5500 Standard-Kühlkörper AAVID-Lüfter

V5 5500 Zalman ZM-NB32K Kühlkörper AAVID Lüfter

Jede dieser Konfigurationen wurde in 4 verschiedenen Situationen getestet:

* PC-ON 800x600 16Bit 60Hz

* 3DMark99 Standard-Benchmark

* 3DMark99 Demo 800x600 16Bit 60Hz

* Unreal Time Demo 1280x1024 16Bit 60Hz 77Fps

Um die Stabilität des Systems zu überprüfen, dauerten die Tests 90 Minuten.

Die Testhardware wurde in einem offenen Gehäuse ohne zusätzliche Lüfter installiert.

Die Temperaturen wurden in Abständen von 10 Minuten an der Vorder- und Rückseite des V5 5500 gemessen.

An der Vorderseite des V5 5500 wurde ein Kontakttemperaturfühler an der heißesten Stelle des Kühlkörpers angebracht.

Für die Messungen an der Rückseite des V5 5500 wurde die Wärmesonde in der Mitte des Vsa-100 platziert, das die meiste Wärme entwickelte.

Zusätzlich zur Kontaktthermosonde habe ich einen Infrarot-Wärmedetektor mit einem Laserpointer verwendet.

Ich verglich die gemessenen Temperaturen beider Messsysteme und meldete immer den höheren der beiden Wärmemesswerte.

Ich hoffe, dass diese Testergebnisse nützlich sind. :)

Hi DerBiber,

perhaps the temperature tests of a v5 5500 agp I performed in this Thread may be useful:

https://www.forumzone.it/showthread.php?p=194867#post194867

The graphs may be useful in assessing the dissipation power of the Original Heatsinks compared to Zalman ZM-NB32Ks:

V5 5500 Standard Heatsinks AAVID Fan

V5 5500 Zalman ZM-NB32K Heatsinks AAVID Fan

Each of these configurations has been tested in 4 different situations:

• PC-ON 800x600 16Bit 60Hz
    • 3DMark99 Standard Benchmark
    • 3DMark99 Demo 800x600 16Bit 60Hz
    • Unreal Time Demo 1280x1024 16Bit 60Hz 77Fps

To check system stability, the tests lasted 90 minutes.

The test hardware was installed in an open case, without additional cooling fans.

Temperatures were measured at 10-minute intervals at the front and rear of the V5 5500.

At the front of the V5 5500, a contact temperature probe was placed at the hottest point of the heatsink.

For the measurements at the rear of the V5 5500, the thermal probe was placed in the centre of the Vsa-100, which developed the most heat.

In addition to the contact thermal probe, I used an infrared thermal detector with a laser pointer.

I compared the measured temperatures, of both measuring systems, and always reported the higher of the two thermal readings.

I hope these test results will be useful. :)

• i've made my own tests and found that the combination of heatsink/fans is not enough for proper cooling. silicon temp goes to 90c. inappropriate. either use coolers as the card had come or use faster fans on these slim radiators. this is related to 2-4 chip cards.

• Zitat

Backfire: Das Powersupply der V5 6000 ist in den meisten Fällen der Troublemaker. Hier erkennt man auch sehr deutlich den Prototypen. Es existiert keine Schutzschaltung.

Die originale 6000 scheint ja etwas zerbrechlich. Haben Anthonys Karten Verbesserungen in dieser Hinsicht ? bzw sind die durch das neue Design notwendig ?

• Zitat

Backfire: Das Powersupply der V5 6000 ist in den meisten Fällen der Troublemaker. Hier erkennt man auch sehr deutlich den Prototypen. Es existiert keine Schutzschaltung.

Die originale 6000 scheint ja etwas zerbrechlich. Haben Anthonys Karten Verbesserungen in dieser Hinsicht ? bzw sind die durch das neue Design notwendig ?

Er hat die ursprüngliche Schaltung gegen zwei andere Schaltkreise ausgetauscht. Ob die aber einen Schutz bei Ausfall haben, müsste man im Datenblatt nachsehen.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300