getting a v56k replica pci version to work

• If I remember correctly gog unreal comes with some patches or nGlide, didnt work for me either. You can just use the og version and patch that up, you also get that old "fuck times have changed" menu.

Ut should work fine.

• Here we are with some pictures... close to completition. compact but heavy. aluminum, plywood, acrylic glass, pla prints partly with red nail paint,...

Win98SE is finally working after some trouble with unsupported hardware.

• An AthlonXP 2700+ or AthlonXP 3000+ won't do much less than that i7 980X when it comes to the Voodoo5 6000, your test results do not really impress me, when I had my Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB my test results in 3D mark 2000 & 2001 were not much less but more of the same heh.

You card is the bottleneck of that system, I find it funny when people think they can expect to get way more out of a Voodoo5 6000 from a super modern system compared to what most people use with their AthlonXP's MP's or P4's for that odd lot, AthlonMP & XeonDP users have the comfort of using 64Bit PCI-X Slots these offers 66Mhz Bus support for 32Bit PCI cards that 3dfx had with their Voodoo4&5 series of graphics cards, this is enough to get the max out of your V4/5 PCI graphics card.

This system is kind of senseless if you'd ask me, but oke it's your choice of course ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (16. Juli 2022 um 10:42)

• X8SAX ist nice. Und dazu der kleine Noctua *love*

Dein Airflow verwirrt mich aber, jeder Lüfter zeigt in eine andere Richtung, ist das nur so temporär oder gibt es da ein Konzept?

• This is not only for 3dfx game titles... Dual boot option and newer graphics are not inserted, yet.

Hmm I see if it's for glide games only I would make sure to get a nice AthlonXP or P4 build and get more out of the card in that sense :)

A Core i7 system is utterly pointless for any 3dfx card.