Need help finding standoffs aka spacers for Addtronics 7896A Server Tower

• Hey all :)

After looking around and all it seems I need help finding some parts for my Addtronics 7896A Server Tower from 1999.
    They are 10x10x10mm in size, you push them in via the rear side of the mainboard tray , here some photo's of the standoffs aka spacers I am seeking:

Here three pics of one showing their size with a thumb stick ruler, 1CM aka 10mm in size:

If any one here has these that would be of great aid for my new retro build with this awesome server case.
    I am willing to pay for the items and the shipping if needed be.

The Addtronics 7896A Server tower is the bigger brother of the Addtronics 6896A Entry Level Server Tower:
    Here both side by side:

Hereby I hope someone can help me out here :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (24. April 2022 um 20:29)

• Oh Boy, those are seriously hard to find these days. Some other manufacturers like some OEMs (Dell) or Lian Li also used similar spacers decades in the past, but they would often be different in their dimensions, including their height. Sadly I never owned Addtronics cases, because I went with EYE's back in the 90s.

Maybe you can widen your search radius by also looking for Lian Li or Cooler Master square standoffs, or generally for any type of square clip-in standoffs. They may or may not fit, but maybe you'll get lucky that way.

Some people on Vogons seem to have [jury-rigged] their way around the issue by using bolts, nuts and reasonably wide washers, but that's a makeshift hack of course, so I'm guessing you most likely don't wanna do that...

Best of luck!

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• yea I was able to find 3 layiying around in my stash of crews and nuts, lol (reads so damn wrong lol) and nah I'm not much of a moddder of such things I will always prefer the original, but I have 9 now the mainboard for this build will be a Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P:

As you can see it has 9 mounting holes, so I think I can pull it off then :)

Even so it's always nice to have some spares so despite that, I'll always keep an eye open for it.

as for EYE cases I never heard of those.
    Thanks for the reply tho :spitze:

• [...]

as for EYE cases I never heard of those.
    Thanks for the reply tho :spitze:

Be careful with those when applying pressure on them! I mean, I'm pretty sure you're already aware, but they're not too robust, so they can get bent easily, depending on how much of a brute you are when assembling systems. :saint: Wouldn't want to break any you have now, just in case Karre can't find you some spares for peace of mind!

As for the EYE's, they too were server & workstation towers made of thick steel, but have completely vanished from the net. It's one of the things the Internet completely "forgot", mostly because they existed and ceased to exist before the age of the search engine dominance. And they were never that wide-spread. You can't even find any proper pictures on the web anymore.

Models I remember were the 910, 915, 950, 980, 1010, 2020, all the same hulking full tower size, just slightly different configurations. I personally own(ed) the EYE-950, EYE-980 and EYE-2020, the latter of which housed my workstation from the Pentium II all the way to the Core 2 / Core i7 era. Specifically useful for its amount of 5¼" front bays for large RAID arrays and its optional card holders for full-length PCI/AGP cards with holding clamps. The holders could also take a 120mm fan for cooling said cards.

Strangely enough, even I don't have good photos of them, but I tried to scrap together what I could find in my archive. Some of these are crazy old, from back when I was a school kid:

EYE-2020 (click to enlarge)

EYE-950XB (click to enlarge)

Maybe they were more wide-spread in the German speaking area of the world, I simply don't know. I don't even know were the company originated from... I always thought Asia, but can't be sure.

PS.: Sorry for the off-topic and the unrelated picture spam. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• That isn't Spam to me lmao those cases are absolute BEASTS haha :spitze: Super cool man! :respekt::respekt:
    These are all from a time when quality steel cases were a thing right, miss cases like these.
    They make the new gen cases look like cheap mass produced toys rofl!

The EYE-950XB sporting your 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP 128MB Rev.A3 340I believe< or was that the Rev.A 3700? Love that build tho, that case reminds me of a Chieftech Dragon Server case series in ways :)
    Yet the EYE 2020 really has alot of similar case design as my Addtronics 7896A Server tower, short in length and lots of height, very cool to see! also the Mobo & PSU bays are very similar in design as well, very cool to see 8)

Karre

Hey man that would be of great honor I need around 20 so I have some spare if you have 10 that is fine as well, what ever you can spare man would be great :)
    But I don't want to be too much of an issue for you guys , but the system I am building will be an absolute beauty, one my friend m14radu will surely see similarities with Mobo & CPU wise, Dual AMD AthlonMP 2800+ Bartons :topmodel:
    It's the new home for my 3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI Macitosh alongside an ATi Radeon X800 XT AIW or XT PE AGP still gotta see what to use and what I can find.

Thanks for all the support guys, this means a lot <3

Name of the build will be Gradinko SMP 2003 I'll add a flag on it to support Ukraine as well, same I did with Sveta 2002, the AthlonXP 2200+ Thoroughbred-A build wit the Matrox Parhelia AGP 256MB DDR. :)