Gradinko SMP 2003, a new SMP build from the 2002 to 2004 era.

• Hey all,

i've got the same board and similar errors while using any 3d graphics app.

In my case, the board runs only with older GPUs (those with an universal agp slot). I used a QuadroFX 3000 and it works... but not for a long time. After a couple of minutes, it crashes with a BS.

Sadly, the system isn't built up, so currently i cannot test it with some other graphic cards.

After a couple of days of testing, i gave up and took an Asus A7N8X-E to get some Athlon XP power;(

But if there is any chance to get this thing work stable on 3d graphics, i would build it up again:spitze:

• Yea welcome to the club man, my board works fine with the V5 PCI Mac but I think there are other things at stake, but soon after my main system died I had to put this Duallie aside and I been kind of out of it as well.

montey Welcome to VA as well btw :)

• Well there is some progress later this week I will take the system apart and send the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P to Backfire for some research checkups & repairs, since what I get with it is unfixable with my the available knowledge I have.

Once repaired and tested the system board will return back to me and hope all goes well from there.
    I also seek a Corsair TX650M PSU, which I want to use for this system.

• What's wrong with the Gigabyte GA-7DPXDW-P?

A lot of strange anomalies even I don't get

As I wrote to my friend Backfire it are the following:

CPU fan header for the slave CPU aka CPU I is not working.
    The Bios also keeps giving me a very odd error which is the following:

Award Preboot Agent Installation Failed

Thus I even tried to clear the CMOS, this too was very odd to do, like sometimes it worked and other times it did not.
    Just really strange.

Everything I tried even a new PSU nothing is really ideal atm, because it has a 20 pin + seperate 4 pin connector but the 20 pin connector is missing 1 witre which is needed for the +5 volt rail or something like that it's not good.

The Corsair TX650M has all20 pins filled, my friend Richard L.R. from x-3dfx showed me and advised me that Corsair PSU for this build so I do need to replace that as well.

I have tried various methods even with 1 stick of ram all ther ram is fine the Bios chip is an issue I used the following cards:

Matrox G400 DH AGP 32MB SGR

Matrox G550 AGP 32MB SG DDR

3dfx Voodoo5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB SDR

Leadtek WinFast A400 AGP 128MB DDR

I also tried them with the V5 PCI Mac as secondary VGA alongside the two Matrox cards and the GeForce, each card's bios gave that odd error message:
    Award Preboot Agent Installation Failed

It always happened during bootup the VGA bios would post info of the card being use and right after that error message showed some times it was the error message and then it displayed scrambled text or a black screen even being.

• Hopefully, Backfire will be able to fix it. :thumbup:

Boards with AMD 760 or 760MPX chipset are still lacking in my Socket A collection and I thought about this Gigabyte. Let's see how it's going on.

Ich werde mich von keinem einzzzigen Prozzzessor trennen.
    Jedoch lockt es mich beinahe, ihn Dir zu überlassen, nur um zu sehen, wie er Dich in den Wahnsinn treibt :evil:

Meine Begehren

• Yea well all rocket science for me the board will be in best in Backfire's hands, his knowledge goes far beyond mine as for the board?
    just a flesh wound! :topmodel: I have seen worse, so it will be fine :spitze:

I just need to take the system apart, my hands hurt a lot so I have to find a nice time to do it later in the week :)
    Arthritis like pains are kind of a limit on me at times.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (22. August 2022 um 08:15)