Does anyone in contact with mr. Raffael Vötter and/or with PCGH magazine staff?

• 2b. (free of charge) Mahnverfahren einleiten: Start dunning procedure

(you can start a Mahnverfahren online https://www.online-mahnantrag.de, or a lawyer can do it for you)

Actually, a gerichtliches Mahnverfahren is not free of charge. It has a fee. But should you be successfull, the opponent has to take that fee as well. If not, it is up to you. Costs can be found here: https://www.online-mahnantrag.de/omahn/gerichtsgebuehr.jsp

I had used it once and received all my money, including the fee, from the opponent.

We are Microsoft of Borg. Assimilation is imminent. Resistance is... Error in Borg.dll. Press OK to abort.

• Yep. In my case it was around 40 EUR in a case dealing about ~1200 EUR. And it speeded up things completely. Companies are really reacting to this. For a reason: If you cannot defend such a Mahnverfahren within 14 days, the court will garnish the requested amount of money from the company - no matter if you are right or not.

It's a powerful tool.

We are Microsoft of Borg. Assimilation is imminent. Resistance is... Error in Borg.dll. Press OK to abort.

• it's a shame it has to go through such measures, if Raff would of Paid you so many months back I mean he had a sea of time to do that everything would of been just fine.
    This proves that even who we'd thought would be reliable have become most unreliable.

It's that I just really hope you get your money or cards back Anthony, you don't deserve to go through all of this.

• Yup, I also see this whole thing as only "half okay". There should still have been an official, public statement & apology in my opinion. Not necessarily "big" style on their website, but at least in some publicly accessible place, like e.g. here. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth as well as it stands now. :(

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• It would be interesting to read what happened to the two cards. I wrote to Raff in February that I also had problems with my first two cards and that a resistor had to be resoldered so that it runs correctly on old mainboards without resource problems. On the card in his video, this resistor was also soldered to the wrong place. I resoldered mine with backfire. my first two cards went back and the third one I got now is going great.

Hopefully Raff will get/buy another one which will work and be featured in new videos on PCGH.

• It would be interesting to read what happened to the two cards. I wrote to Raff in February that I also had problems with my first two cards and that a resistor had to be resoldered so that it runs correctly on old mainboards without resource problems. On the card in his video, this resistor was also soldered to the wrong place. I resoldered mine with backfire. my first two cards went back and the third one I got now is going great.

Hopefully Raff will get/buy another one which will work and be featured in new videos on PCGH.

That will never happen after the bad experience he passed on, I don't see that happening if ever.

• I think the whole case is "suspicious". Awful communication and keeping a low profile doesn't suit a reliable trading partner.

Yea greatly agree with that, the situation in Ukraine with Russia and that too has caused issues when making deals with people from Russia problematic even illegal in many cases, if caught it's jail time.

it's just risky business at this point, for both sides, this probably played a large role, even though Raff could of just mentioned it and proved it in this thread they have been a member of this forum for so damn long, I don't get why it's hard for him not to even try it, if Raff told us the exact truth on why it took him over 6 months to react we would of known something more but that never happened now did it.

If I was in Anthony's position I would hang on to everything I have and not trust media sites even those from computer hardware & software reviewers, never trust the media even how kind they may come over to you, in the end they are the ones playing you over paying you.

• yes, i was sick to my stomach with all that situation, especially mr.Vötter promised to send cards and postponed several times. i guess he's very busy.

i just don't like that approach to deals when people prefer to forget deal conditions. i think no one likes it.

• yes, i was sick to my stomach with all that situation, especially mr.Vötter promised to send cards and postponed several times. i guess he's very busy.

i just don't like that approach to deals when people prefer to forget deal conditions. i think no one likes it.

Yea well no one would like aan approach like Raff executed... all he gave were poor man's excises trying to cover it up or to lay us off...
    Although I did my best at x-3dfx to to get some responses from him, even the quality of those responses were poor.
    It was enough for us to prove that he can reply and that he can make time for it, that was my goal with it and we succeeded in that behalf.

Anyways most of all importance you got your cards back, mission accomplished comrade, I'd drink glass of Vodka to that, if I were not on meds rofl! :topmodel:

Just be careful who you deal with next time and if someone wants your cards let them pay the full amount first, it would mean they can afford them if they want them right :)
    This way at least you won't lose everything or have to worry for these unreliable types you dealt with the past half year.

But hey man I hope you have been doing well tho all alongside this, I hope your stress levels have dropped, were you able to get others cards back as well from those other people?

• Naja woher soll man wissen ob ein Geschäftspartner vertrauenswürdig ist?

Als ich meine Voodoo's von Anthony bekommen habe, sagte er mir das er schonmal von einer Redaktion beschissen wurde.

Zu 100% sicher kann man sich natürlich nie sein. Persönliche Referenzen, Bewertungen (wo verfügbar) oder ein langes problemfreies Agieren als Handelspartner auf einer bestimmten Plattform (z.B. VoodooAlert) sind gute Indikatoren, aber bedeuten trotzdem nicht daß für den eigenen Deal alles glatt gehen muß.

Grade bei Raff hätte ich selber auch nie angenommen daß sowas passieren kann. Schließlich wirkte er vor allem als offizieller Pressevertreter immer zuverlässig auch mich. ?( Für mich persönlich heißt das jetzt erst Mal: Hände weg von ihm als Handelspartner und Hände weg von PCGHW. Ohne öffentliches, klärendes Statement ist mir da die Unsicherheit zu groß.

You can never be a 100% sure of course. Personal references, ratings (where available) or a long and problemfree activity as a trading partner on a specific platform (e.g. VoodooAlert) are good indicators, but don't mean that everything has to go smoothly for your own dealings either.

With Raff specifically though, I myself would not have assumed that such a thing would happen. He always appeared reliable to me, especially as an official press representative. ?( For now, to me personally, that means: No dealings with him, and I'll stay away from PCGHW as well. Without a public, clarifying statement, risks are too great for my taste.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"