Sad story (how to lose your money, time and valuable devices)

• We continue with a cool story.
    As i don't lost interest in the Mercury Brick after the Chinese demarche, the sale announcement of such a device on facebook caught my eyes. I contacted the seller and we made a deal for a green Brick complete setup. The parcel was shipped to my trusted man in Italy as the direct shipping to my country is hard these days.

After arrival in the EU it had a couple of strange statuses. It has status as delivered to the wrong address (in Germany) and in the same way it's marked as returning to sender. Here's two tracks as in its arrival in the EU a second tracknum appeared.

DHL eCommerce Tracking

and

Track & Trace

No updates since 28.oct, so i believe it's lost.

Maybe someone can help me to inquire with the DHL company about that parcel? It's hard to believe that such a valuable piece of hardware is lost.

Looks like gods don't want to allow me to research this Brick setup.

• It would seem that the courier or someone at DHL messed up big time with this one, it's really on them, how hard is it for them to ship an item to a guy in Italy if the address is entered in correctly?

You could let someone contact DHL about this parcel but they may ask who the sender was and where it would be shipped to, they may ask for certain details.

• [...] how hard is it for them to ship an item to a guy in <insert country of choice> if the address is entered in correctly? [...]

I know that this is not my personal experience. This is my professional experience. But let me tell you this: Logistics companies (at least some) are shit. We had a quarter-million (!) server stack with twelve top-end A100 Teslas dropped by logistics "somewhere in town"...

We had to source transportation methods and all kinds of shit to just get the stuff before it was stolen, and get it to the designated destination (the server room). I wasn't there at the time, as I was in hospital, but it made me laugh when I heard it later.

Mind you, exact delivery times and contact persons (not just me, two others as well) were communicated to the supplier. But nothing worked. They delivered on the wrong day, they did not contact anyone, they just dropped it (our people only learned of that by chance), and that was it.

Bottom line: Pay more to get better people to work at your company and/or motivate them more. But yeaaah, that's a pipe dream, I know....

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• it was an ebay purchase with delivery via usps and dhl. sure the address was correct. but dhl failed their mission. moreover, they refuse to communicate about that issue with the recipient. the sender seems to be too busy to bother them.

• Thats why I'd recommend personal pickup for things that are super rare and valuable.

Very sad, I hope it will turn up any time soon despite the odds :(

I heard of a guy who traveled between continents to pick up his original Voodoo 5 6000 - just to make sure.

Sending something by mail to me is always a gamble :(

• Thats why I'd recommend personal pickup for things that are super rare and valuable.

Very sad, I hope it will turn up any time soon despite the odds :(

I heard of a guy who traveled between continents to pick up his original Voodoo 5 6000 - just to make sure.

Sending something by mail to me is always a gamble :(

sure, but it's not about my case. since there are a lot of restrictions here and there. all was made via 3rd persons. i'm not complaining but trying to figure out how to get this shipping company. they have a massive firewall against their customers, sic.

• latest update: the parcel has been destroyed. you may clearly see that status on the track link i've provided above.

thank you dhl for your reliability and responsibility.

• Well I talked to a friend from Canada, h e told me that "destroyed" means the package was damaged, it will most likely be returned to the actual sender.

So that should be a worry less, if it was contraband the package would of been seized which is not the case.

The only way it could of gotten destroyed to a literal sense is that one of the DHL Employees hates Russians and they actually damaged the package, I personally don't hate Russians not all are bad but this chance is most least of likely.

Yet there are certain restrictions when it comes about shipping parcels to and from Russia:
    https://www.easypost.com/dhl-russia-shipping-restrictions

And I really think this plays a large role, it's super risky, contacts or not, not going to be relevant in this case.
    But yea it's sad and stupid and it will get more stupid as time progresses.

Kaitou here a screenshot from the details of that package it does clearly read that the package was destroyed, this is bad tho.
    It should of been returned to it's sender, very unusual.

All in all I Hope the sender did fully insure the item.

• according to common words meaning, the "destroyed" term means irretrievable loss.

The only way it could of gotten destroyed to a literal sense is that one of the DHL Employees hates Russians and they actually damaged the package, I personally

probably you meant that he hates italians, not the russians.