Meet Valkyrie 2022, the system that replaced my previous main the Dual 6180 SE D1.

• Here something else I worked on recently, anew gen system since the Dual 12 core Opteron Died duerinjg the cleaning process as dust particles landed in the sockets this fried the CPUs and sadly it's 11.4 year life ended.

So I had to get new gear and this is what I went for major thanks go to Issa Richard La Rose for helping me out sorting out the correct parts and the other main thanks go to my dad for helping me fund the build.

Valkyrie 2022

12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 5900, 12 ZEN3 Cores / 24 Threads @ 3.7 Ghx Base & 4.8Ghz Turbo, 768KB L1, 6MB L2 & 64MB L3 Cache.

Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4

Noctua NF-12 PWM , an extra 120mil fan for the CPU cooler

Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 Rev 1.00 for Socket AM4 + Latest Bios.

4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32GB PC-28800 aka DDR4-3600

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X AE-5 Plus Dedicated sound card for 32 bit digital Audio with 384khz sound quality

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64 PCI-E 8GB 2048Bit HBM2

Corsair Force3 240GB SSD as main boot disk

Micron Crucial MX500 2TB SSD as game disk

Plextor PX-950SA BluRay RW Drive for Single & Dual Layer BR disk

Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B + Lian Li W-X2000B Window kit both 1 of 200 made worldwide

SeaSonic Platinum X 1000 EPS 12V + 24V PSU

Windows 10 Professional x64 UK

AMD Adrenalin 22.5.1 WHQL

Here some pics of the mainboard:

It runs like a dream and my Nitro+ RX Vega 64 still does a wonderful job, so I didn't feel like replacing it yet, even it's been in servicer for the past 5 years and 4 months :)
    The Creative Labs Sound Blaster AE-5 Plus is really an amazing little card it's 32 Bit 384Khz Sound quality mode is truly amazing especially with my Sennheiser PC-360 G4ME headsert
    So for games & music I use the AE-5 and for discrd I use the Realtek ALC 1200 at the same time, there are also no conflicts, this way both workloads are neatly divided :)

Here my Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX Vega 64's rear backplate compared to that of the Creative AE-5 Plus, they have a similar pattern so they ggo well together as well by having a similar style:

And my old system mainboard and it's CPU's & ram I placed in my VGA table after giving it a nice clean and rearrange :)

A nice resting place I thought, enjoy the photos of course 8)
    And yea ZEN3 is bloody amazing.

• Too shiny for my taste! Too many lights (I turn them all off, first thing I do)! :topmodel:

Anyway, decent setup, although I personally was a bit disappointed by the TYR tower (for specific reasons that may not apply to you).

But Zen 3 is killer, especially for A/V applications, like audio and video renderers / encoders. Also neat for games, naturally, but it freakin' shines with production-level multimedia applications. Though I have a much smaller Zen 3 in my now-offline gaming box as well. :)

Gotta say though, I'm half-way back on my warpath against AMD, for them fucking TR4 users firstly and then TRX40 users secondly, right in their behinds with what kinda massive shit they pulled with Threadripper. So I'm kinda thinking of ditching them again. If they're gonna pull corporate profit bullshit on users like never before, I can just as much go back to Intel, where it's at least deterministically happening?

Hey Lisa Su, what the hell happened?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Well, not everybody needs massive hot-plug-capable RAID arrays, but yeah, that's why I dropped the TYR. But the rest is neat (in my book, subjectively).

Any reason why you took the 5900X and not the 5800X3D? Performance per Euro, maybe?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

• Too shiny for my taste! Too many lights (I turn them all off, first thing I do)! :topmodel:

Anyway, decent setup, although I personally was a bit disappointed by the TYR tower (for specific reasons that may not apply to you).

But Zen 3 is killer, especially for A/V applications, like audio and video renderers / encoders. Also neat for games, naturally, but it freakin' shines with production-level multimedia applications. Though I have a much smaller Zen 3 in my now-offline gaming box as well. :)

Gotta say though, I'm half-way back on my warpath against AMD, for them fucking TR4 users firstly and then TRX40 users secondly, right in their behinds with what kinda massive shit they pulled with Threadripper. So I'm kinda thinking of ditching them again. If they're gonna pull corporate profit bullshit on users like never before, I can just as much go back to Intel, where it's at least deterministically happening?

Hey Lisa Su, what the hell happened?

Yea everyone has different tastes which is fine, it does all I need to really, the rest of my post is the 2nd post, it's late and Ia m tired ah well.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (26. Juli 2022 um 22:48)

• Well, not everybody needs massive hot-plug-capable RAID arrays, but yeah, that's why I dropped the TYR. But the rest is neat (in my book, subjectively).

Any reason why you took the 5900X and not the 5800X3D? Performance per Euro, maybe?

Well in SMP related tasks the Ryzen 9 5900X beats the 5800 X3D realy easily and it's still faster than the 5950X in games and it's cheaper than a 5800X3D as well, it's the ideal in between choice all that for just 399 Euro's, which is a good deal here in the Netherlands.
    This was the best price I could fiind for a ryzen 9 500X thatw as ins tock, as for Intel I am never impressed what they bring out, you just pay more and get much less, as for Threadripper yea they are kind of behind with those, just go Dual EPYC if going that direction, for a Workstation Dual 16, 32 or 64 core CPU's go crazy and enjoy that instead, no more limits either.

With ZEN4 Genoa coming around you can have Dual 128 core /256 Theread CPU's ina single mainboard and have 12channel DDR5-6000 ECC REG per CPU as well, things are gonna be exciting in 2CPU land.

As for the 5800X3D these are around 500 Euros I got the 5900X for 100 euros less, for around 400 Euros and that difference just makes it more worth my coin and sicne I don't always game SMP workloads will still be faster and Iam paying less too, a win win scenario that is and due to that the Ryzen 9 5900X is the most wanted ZEN3 CPU because it has an ideal spot for all round workloads.

There are Harddrives missing ....

HDD will only slow this system down so only SSD's for me

As seen in the first post ;)

if I want more space I'll put them M.2 NVMe bays in to use 2x 4TB Crucial M.2 SSDs in RAID 0 that should be helpful.
    Or just add in more MX500 2TB SSD's I'll see, but so far yea I am really happy with this setup.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (26. Juli 2022 um 22:47)

• What pissed me with the Ripper was the fact that they never gave Zen 2 to the TR4 guys. They just left them there to rust, while deploying Zen 2 on sTRX40 instead. Then they promised it'd be a "long-lived Platform this time". Only to pull the same shit stunt again by not dropping Zen 3 onto STRX. Instead, they scratched the entire HEDT market, abandoning in and binding to the OEM workstation market. Same tech, much higher prices, much higher profit margins.

Also, all the original people who created that product line aren't even on the Threadripper team at AMD anymore. Now "Threadripper Pro" is just another Xeon or EPYC. Power users are left in the dust, either they have to downgrade to slower, cheaper hardware which won't get the job done as well, or they'd have to bite the bullet and buy twice as much for nearly the same shit. That's what pisses me off. Their marketing strategy does. With chip production capacities limited, they just drop lower profit-margin markets and throw the chips at higher, professional ones. Breaking their promises in the progress, and not even saying a word about it either.

Don't like the attitude, and makes AMD look worse in my eyes now, even if it may make sense from an economical perspective. But it's not the "cool" and "awesome" thing to do and to impress no crowd with.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Whelp I can't see Intel doing any better with their 300+ watt CPU's and that are only their desktop line and who knows what their workstation/server line would do, most likely more

ZEN3 Threadripper = Threadripper Pro 5000 series, yea it's a change AMD made, they probbaly have good reasons for it, then again it is what it is.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/17296/amd…em-workstations

Yet all I am doing is trying to show my new build, all of that TR stuff has utterly nothing to do with it, yet it kind of went in this direction I do not understand why that is all so relevant... sorry that AMD annoyed you then again theya re a copmpany and if they can find a way to make more coin they will do it, even if peple aren't going to like it, Intel has done this many times every new CPU they bring out adds a socket change lol..

But yea all of this is not relevant to my build, personally I never cared for the TR series, just too damn expensive, got better things to focus on ;)

So Ryzen 9 is the way to go for me, it's not 2CPU but yea for me everything new-gen is expensive...

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (27. Juli 2022 um 09:03)

• What pissed me with the Ripper was the fact that they never gave Zen 2 to the TR4 guys. They just left them there to rust, while deploying Zen 2 on sTRX40 instead. Then they promised it'd be a "long-lived Platform this time". Only to pull the same shit stunt again by not dropping Zen 3 onto STRX. Instead, they scratched the entire HEDT market, abandoning in and binding to the OEM workstation market. Same tech, much higher prices, much higher profit margins.

Also, all the original people who created that product line aren't even on the Threadripper team at AMD anymore. Now "Threadripper Pro" is just another Xeon or EPYC. Power users are left in the dust, either they have to downgrade to slower, cheaper hardware which won't get the job done as well, or they'd have to bite the bullet and buy twice as much for nearly the same shit. That's what pisses me off. Their marketing strategy does. With chip production capacities limited, they just drop lower profit-margin markets and throw the chips at higher, professional ones. Breaking their promises in the progress, and not even saying a word about it either.

Don't like the attitude, and makes AMD look worse in my eyes now, even if it may make sense from an economical perspective. But it's not the "cool" and "awesome" thing to do and to impress no crowd with.

After re-reading your post and also whata friend told me I do get you furstrations with AMD pulling this off all I can think of is that the classic Threadripper CPU's were not pofittable enough enough for them to continue them and it is true they were not hot sellers like RYZEN & EPYC are for their user groups.

Threadrippers were pretty expensive for what they offer but I do agree that threadripper Pro is just over the top, you may as well go fora Dual 16 or 24 Core EPYC build and you might still be cheaper off in that sense.
    But yea I do understand your frustrations now or I am trying, I misread people easilly sorry for that heh

What other options are they arnyway? Ryzen 9 5950X maybe or you gonna see what ZEN4 does?
    I just don't see intel offering anything better either, it's like hitting some kind of moot point, which would be very frustrating.
    Sadly copanies will only mass produce something if it's profittable, Intel AMD or ARM it won't matter who, that is what I think what is the cause.

• Yeah, I'll just wait. The AM4 desktop platform is a nice gaming basis, so I'm perfectly fine with that! You got a stronger CPU than me, but it's fine for games with my 5600X. :) Actually, I love what AMD did with AM4 that you now also have, because they supported the crap out of that socket. For quite a few mainboard manufacturers you can even take the oldest AM4 boards with 300-series chipsets, update their UEFI and run a brand-new 5900X on them. Or even a 5800X3D with V-Cache if you want to.

That's what I like to see! Long-term platform support. And they did it for the much cheaper, smaller AM4 platform for many years. Like we got Zen, Zen+, Zen 2 and Zen 3 as well as Zen 3D on it! Awesome.

Here's my assumption on what happened: Threadripper takes a lot of silicon to build. Like the fat one has 9 chips on there, so it's truly more an MCM. And we got a chip crisis, right? So I guess, with the original TR team no longer working on the project, there was maybe no one opposing it getting canned to throw all those chips at Threadripper Pro and EPYC CPUs, which are sold to companies via OEMs for much, much higher prices and profit margins.

Threadripper was still profitable as far as I know. It's likely just that Threadripper Pro and EPYC are more profitable. And with to few chips to go around, what do you kill off? The lower profit margin markets of course...

Sorry for the off-topic. But having sunken a looot of money into that platform betting on AMD's promise to support it long-term just angered me after they dropped the entire HEDT market all at once, admittedly. They re-invented that market, aand then they murdered it.

I'll just wait and see. Money is running out anyway, so my AM4 is also just gonna stay the way it is. ;) Sorry for all the off-topic stuff!

Also: In my opinion, nice SSD choice with the MX500, I've installed quite a few of those for many years without a single failure! Also imho good power supply choice, I've switched over to Seasonic myself by now, both for BTO machines at work and for my own, private machines where possible. And bonus points for upgrading the CPU cooler with a second fan, better cooling and better looks. ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Well got some good news forus AM4 people then since we are still goig to get new AM4 CPU's!
    one of my bestr contacts from FB that has the latests resources on such things told me my guess is that we might see a Ryzen 9 5900X3D & Ryzen 5 5600X3D, just to fill up this ZEN3+lineup, anyways once I get more news of these new ZEN3+ puppies I too might lean forward on getting one, not sure if a 5950X3D will happen, but hey never say never.

What also would be nice are ZEn4 CPU's for AM4 users, this would really make my day, but yea we gotta see what comes next :)
    And don't be sorry I was the one that misread yaat the start so it's fine and I get the frustrations for that they did fuck that up big time so I get why you being upset.

And hey thanks as the SSD's and the PSU go I just like to use high grade materials as I always have with them Dual Opteron builds from the past, cheaping out has never been a thing of my liking tbh.
    Currently Gigabyte makes the best mainboards for ZEN3 & ZEN3+ CPU's but as graphics cards go always gonna go for Sapphire Nitro+ based Radeons, imma see what RNDA3 will bring us, by that time my Nitro+ RX Vega 64 will be 6.2 years of age, a lovely time to replace it with something RDNA3 based a radeon 7800 XT or 7900XT I'll see what comes around :)

At least the base parts of the build are done, as for the MX5000 2TB it's fantastic, it's been in service since 2019, best SSD I ever bought.
    And now it's running with actual SATA III speeds over SATA II sepeeds it's like twice as fast now lmao :topmodel::bonk::topmodel:
    Even my old Corsair Force3 240GB from 2014 is doing better than ever haha

• Alright, now a 5600X3D would be pretty dangerous, because I would REALLY want that chip if it actually does come out! xD Been on those hexcores since the start of my AM4 journey (2600X, 3600X, 5600X). :) Always felt they were just the right tool for the job in my case! But maybe it'd have to wait until money stops just going up in flames every day. Might need RAM too, still on 16 GiB in my case.

Assuming Zen 4 will be a pure DDR5 chip with a completely new package - which I'm pretty sure it will be - that would be the final chip for my AM4 platform. Then it would've seen Zen+, Zen 2, Zen 3 and Zen 3D. Platform even rivals the longevity of the good old i440BX. :)

Also wonder what RDNA3 will bring, but card dimensions and power draw will likely make it impossible for me to install the highest end model into my Mini-ITX case. Not to mention potentially prohibitive price. ;) We'll see.

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Well the 7900 XT the top model willdraw 450 Watts the protottypes do this chance is large the production boards will aim under the 380 watts area for max board power.

NV's top dog GPU for the RTX 4090 seires will consume600 to 700 watts these cards are also highly over clocked to keep up with AMD's much more power efficient designs, we already are seeing this with RDNA2.

I won't be taking NVIDIA for a long time now, so far AMD has been coming up with far better power efficient designs than any other on the market.
    Also I'd also avoid taking on them RTX 30 seris of cards many of them are running in to low performance issues goes for all RTX 3090, 3080 Ti, 3080 and even 3090 Ti boards, they just won't give more than 50% perfoamnce due to constantrunning at high workloads, here some articles ina forum going on about this terrible issue:

Many users of these RTX 30 series of cards are running in to low fps walls, a friend of mine showed me these results from random users froma forum he has been part of for many years:

Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti:
    https://www.overclock.net/threads/3080-t…-usage.1794438/

Gigabyte RTX 3080:
    https://www.overclock.net/threads/rtx-30…-usage.1797850/

Gigabyte RTX 3090:
    https://www.overclock.net/threads/aorus-…operly.1798015/

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    https://www.overclock.net/threads/evga-3…oblems.1799480/

My friend explains the following:
    ---------

Over time they start to get a low GPU usage issue, their performance drop and the cards refuse to boost.They essentially appear and they burn themselves out.

They're overclocked to high, hence the high power usage.Companies used to keep cards under 300W, NVIDIA went way beyond that to compete with RDNA2

Basically running their silicon at clocks that the silicon isn't really designed to manage, this rersults high power usage and very high temps.
    in the long run the hardware simply burns out.
    -----------
    My friend did say he could not prove this himself but then again more and more reports are being made of this issue, so either way I sm sure this is something bad going on.

So yea RDNA2 will never have this issue neither will RDNA3 :)

These are far better designs when it comes to power efficiency, this also explains why OC results with RTX cards are mostly bad, as theyare already running at their max speeds.

So yea I too went offtopic eventho I thought it was valid to add :)

But hat you can do is if you want a stronger CPU a Ryzen 9 5950X might be something up your alley, the B550 & X570 can both consume a max of 128GB DDR4 memory, so this can always be an idea iif you want to make some kind of hybrid, if a Ryzen 9 5900X3D becomes a thing I'd csurely choose for a CPU of that class.

• My board only has 2 DIMMs, because it's so small. :) 32 GiB may make some sense in the future. So far, 16 GiB are still enough for the games I've played. Some games came close to filling it up though. I also need to keep thermals in check a lot due to everything being so cramped. So I had considered a 5800X3D with some cores switched off and power limited to 65W in UEFI. So, fewer cores, less power, but high clocks and performance per watt.

But the chip just costs too much.

GPU power issues seem to be quite a bit more complex than specced wattage suggests as well (even for RDNA2, even if not as badly as for Ampere). [This is a pretty interesting video] in regards to that. Stuff's just getting worse, so now it's really becoming noticeable I guess.

By the way, what resolution does your monitor connected to that machine have? 1920×1200? Or is that a 30"? No, right?

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• My board only has 2 DIMMs, because it's so small. :) 32 GiB may make some sense in the future. So far, 16 GiB are still enough for the games I've played. Some games came close to filling it up though. I also need to keep thermals in check a lot due to everything being so cramped. So I had considered a 5800X3D with some cores switched off and power limited to 65W in UEFI. So, fewer cores, less power, but high clocks and performance per watt.

But the chip just costs too much.

GPU power issues seem to be quite a bit more complex than specced wattage suggests as well (even for RDNA2, even if not as badly as for Ampere). [This is a pretty interesting video] in regards to that. Stuff's just getting worse, so now it's really becoming noticeable I guess.

By the way, what resolution does your monitor connected to that machine have? 1920×1200? Or is that a 30"? No, right?

I am still using my HPZR24w :)

it does 1920x1200x32 at 6Hz it's enough for me the replacement will be it's bigger 30" brother that does 2560x1600x32, I just can't stand 16:9 so 16:10 all the way for me.

With AMD VSR I could even sert that to 4K if I wanted but nah, I'm prefer native reso's just waalways worked best for me, my Nitro+ RX vega 64 runs like a champ even that it has been 5.4 years in service, it's the best graphics card I ever usedall because it's mature and robust, basically trouble free.
    SO with that at my side I am basially saving moneythan wasting it in tech I probabaly will never use.

The world is very diifferent these days everything costs like a damn limb to by especially graphics cards they use excuses like inflation andf low stock yet their have plenty of stock piles and they don't need to drive up prices like theyare doing.

I paid 1162 euros for my parts eventho back in 2014 it would of been much less around 600 euros, you are almost paying double these days and for disabled people like me withalow income it's hard to eep up to date, this is the first decent system updgrade I did in a timelapse of 11 years and 4 months, it's rediculous really.

• I see, it kinda looked like a 24" 1920x1200 to me from your photo. :) We still have a lot of those 16:10 screens at work, with me being the only one using a larger 30" 2560x1600 model. It's a nice resolution and aspect at 16:10, I like that too. Though I've migrated to 3840x1600 (24:10) at home. For more screen real estate at the same vertical res of 1600 pixels (for re-use of my statically tiled desktops, just adding more windows on the side). It's also nice for gaming I think, but that really depends on personal taste. E.g. when flying, you just see more stuff through your cockpit glass to the left and right. But at the same time, you might miss it, if you don't move your head around. With a 1920x1200 screen at 90-100 dpi, you can leave your head steady mostly.

I gotta say one thing though: I've run VSR on top of a native 2560x1600 res myself, both with a RX Vega 64 as well as a RX 6900 XT, render resolution then being 3840x2400 (which is higher than 4K/UHD and higher still than full 4K/DCI). It was just too much for the Vega 64. For some (but not all!) games, the 6900 XT is powerful enough to drive that, but it gets really challenging with 4K VSR. :) I dare say you won't have much fun with that on Vega 64 unless you're using it for much older games., or games which are far more CPU-bound and still have tons of headroom in the graphics department.

PS.: Both cards ran at maximum power target plus undervolted GPUs with no other tweaks applied other than a small +50MHz VRAM clock boost on the RX 6900 XT. Goal was "a bit more performance at the same power consumption". PT was upped to deal with short phases of additional power requirement. Not sure if this actually works as I intended though... ;)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

• Yea3840x2400p I can also do with VSR on my 1920x1200p panel but then no FSAA is of need so some games tend to run very well, my best experience was with Alien Isolation when I had the Dual 12 Core OpteronMP 6180SE D1 it ran at 3840x2400x32 with FSAA x8 + AF x16 at 120 fps max, that game had a limit some how lol
    All 24 cores were used that gave the V64 a nice boost.

Never tried it with the Ryzen 9 5900X tho, I should got lots more, not sure iif VSR will allow 5K for 16:10 that would result a reso of 5120x3200p, that would be the reso Idd want for a new 16:10 panel, just hard to find sadly.

So I decided to go for the 30" HS-IPS panl from HP that does 2560x1600x32 @ 60Hz as native reso, this would be nice to have.

• Here something nice to add to this build log, yesterday I recently upgraded the system with a new graphics card because the Nitro+ RX Vega 64 gave random no signal input errors with the monitor, I refitted the V64 a few times it sometimes worked but then again it happened again, but hey it's been a 6 year ride so I went out and bought this new card.

it wasn't cheap because nothing is, due to the 21% VAT and the high inflation where I live I paid 733 Eur incl shipping the card stand alone was 705 Eur, then again seeing it how it easily beats that new RTX 4070 easily, I think I still made a good deal with this one, the RX 6900 XT Nitro & Toxic Air cooled cards were over 940 euros as well and that wasn't something I felt like doing, because those are only 8 to 10% faster,. not worth to pay up even more for a damn graphics card, it's not USA where I live it's the Netherlands one of the most expensive countries when it comes to graphics cards, ah well I really didn't care since i needed a new one anyway, thus I wanted something that will last me 6 years also why I choose Sapphire's Nitro livery 8)

With all of that put aside, here it is then , my long awaited graphics card upgrade that gladly replaced Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64!

So here the box to start off with:

it seems a normal Nitro+ RX 6800 XT box was used and Special Edition decals were applied to it, I found out after reading the rear on the box that the card has 3x Display Port and 1x USB< while this being the Special Edition it actually has 2x Display Port, 1x USB Type C & 1x HDMI instead, seems that Sapphire ran out of original SE boxes and used the normal ones instead and applied decals showing it's the SE model rofl, fora collector like me this is an interesting twist.

Seeing the work the Sapphire box artists did for the box art also was an eye opener, I remember in the old days box arts were always fancy looking, this one surely was a surprise to see as well, it's not too over done yet it's stylish and dynamic.

This card is also a nice add to my Sapphire Nitro collection likewise.

So far I am very satisfied with this upgrade, it's rock solid it's silent and dead stable with AMD drivers 22.4.1 WHQL, it's not he latest and greatest RDNA technology, but for the games I run this was the perfect move to make, the USB Type C connector will also play a large role when I get a Valve Index VR headset, it's a 10 GBPS connector which is ideal for such things.

The 16GB 256Bit GDDR6 VRAM interface is also fantastic, having a large frame buffer and more than the 12GB NV offered is also an importance for me, in 6 years time 12GB may give issues, but 16GB will not, I upgrade every 6 years so the performance leap from the previous to the new replacement is always massive, which just makes it more worth while, these Nitro+ liveries have the better quality components compared to the reference cards as well, so that too plays a large important role, With Smart Access Memory aka SAM enabled which none of the reviewers even use in their tests this card can outpace a RTX 3090 easily as well, AMD has done a solid job as drivers go, I have friends that have this card and they too are very satisfied with theirs just as I am with mine, without SAM it's 15% faster than the RTX 3080 12GB, more than enough for my doings, in 6 a 7 years time I'll see what the market has to offer by then.

Then again not all games like SAM like VR Chat for example, which is a game I play mostly so for that reason I have that feature mostly disabled.
    it would be nice if you could enable and disable SAM via windows instead of always going in to the Bios.

Here the card it's self after it came out of the packaging with protectors for the a PCI-E connector and the 4 display in puts, 2x Display port, 1x USB type C & 1x HDMI, always nice to see that graphics card vendors add these:

Here more detailed shots of the card:

Here a photo I used to make when I used EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC Signature Editions as well as the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2, thought I'd do the same for this Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6800 XT Special Edition like wise :S

Packed out very well, the model is a Favorite Kinto resin of a "Spinosaurus aegyptiacus", one of my favorite Dinus alongside "Acrocanthosaurus atokensis" which I will keep for an other new gen graphics card sometime in the future 8)

DINUS! :topmodel::spitze:

Here the system cleaned after 3 hours of work, it did pay off thought and the card installed of course!

And here with all the lights on, all running greatly and the final specs of this awesome build !

Valkyrie

1x 12 Core AMD Ryzen 9 5900X

1x Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4

Noctua NF-12 PWM , an extra 120mil fan for the CPU cooler

Gigabyte Aorus B550 Elite AX V2 for Socket AM4

4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 32GB PC-28800 aka DDR4-3600

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6800 XT Special Edition PCI-E 16GB 256Bit GDDR6 :hre::topmodel:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X AE-5 Plus Dedicated sound card for 32 bit digital Audio with 384khz sound quality for games, music & films

Realtek ALC 1200 for Sennheiser PC-360 G4ME Headset

Plextor PX-950SA BluRay RW Drive for Single & Dual Layer BR disk

Lian Li TYR PC-X2000B + Lian Li W-X2000B Window kit both 1 of 200 made worldwide

SeaSonic Platinum X 1000 EPS 12V + 24V PSU

iiyama Red Eagle G-Master GB2770QSU-B1 27" IPS panel with a 16:9 aspect ratio for a max native Reso of 2560x1440x32 @ 165Hz

Windows 10 Professional x64 UK Version 21H2.

AMD Adrenalin 23.4.1 WHQL for Win10