Intel ARC series GPU's yea we need a thread for these too, so here it is!

• There is now a tutorial on how to fix the 50W consumption of the cards when idle.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-pot…-power-arc-gpus

It's all still very awkward with these cards.

EDIT: These options do not exist in the most recent BIOS of my ASUS Prime B550-PLUS

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Es gibt jetzt ein Tutorial wie man die 50W Verbrauch der Karten im Leerlauf beheben kann:
    https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-pot…-power-arc-gpus

Das ist schon alles noch sehr umständlich mit den Karten.

EDIT: Diese Optionen sind im aktuellen BIOS meines ASUS Prime B550-PLUS nicht vorhanden.

Come to the dark side, we have cookies!

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von RaVeNsClaw (20. Oktober 2022 um 18:35)

• Actually it is only a sticker

Still nice tho, love the high quality parts they used for not just the card but the cooler as well and the niche box livery too :)
    Have you tried any games yet, if you could I'd be interested to see how the ARC 770 16GB does in Ascentroid a game my friend Verran & I are working on, I am main tester I also help with game content it's a retro feel game like Descent 2 but it has it's own origins to it we did convert Descent 1 &2 maps to it :)
    here our page:
    https://ascentroid.com/

check the downloads page for the latest build :)
    DX11 is most stable but DX12 & Vulkan are also supported so I am curious, if that isn't an issue of course :)

• I have honestly not tested the card until now. At the moment I have been busy with my CenTaur system.

This weekend I will not make it either (round birthday of my sister).

Next weekend I can run the game against my Radeon 6900XT on my Ryzen 5950X.

• I have honestly not tested the card until now. At the moment I have been busy with my CenTaur system.

This weekend I will not make it either (round birthday of my sister).

Next weekend I can run the game against my Radeon 6900XT on my Ryzen 5950X.

Never heard of these, were these meant for the Asian market for LGA 2011?
    CenTaur, so we do have an other x86 CPU brand alongside Intel & AMD, would be nice to see more from CenTaur.
    Very cool stuff man.

• Heute habe ich die Arc A750 in VR getestet.
    Intel Arc ist Ausgezeichnet in Verbindung mit einer Quest VR Brille und Virtual Desktop.

(Da Streamt man Steam VR Apps und Spiele Kabellos mit WLAN auf die Quest VR Brille)

Die Echtzeit HEVC Encodierung bei hoher Bitrate (80Mbit) produziert ein weitaus besseres Bild als es eine RTX2080 schafft!

Die Latenz ist auch nicht höher trotz der fehlenden Optimierung, das hat mich überrascht.

------------------------------------------

Today I tested the Arc A750 in VR.

Intel Arc is excellent in combination with Quest VR glasses and Virtual Desktop.

(Stream Steam VR apps and games wirelessly to the Quest VR glasses).

The real time HEVC encoding at 80Mbit produces a far better picture than an RTX2080!
    The latency is also not higher despite the lack of optimisation, which surprised me.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RaVeNsClaw (30. Oktober 2022 um 17:59)

• Ich habe heute ein wenig mit Videoencodierung herumgespielt.

Das ist tatsächlich das Beste an den Karten.

Ich könnte mir vorstellen eine kleine Arc nur für Video Encoding zu nutzen.

Selbst meine veraltete USB HDMI Grabber Software hat automatisch Intel Quick Sync für HEVC ausgewählt und funktioniert.

Da kann meine RTX2080 nicht annähernd das Wasser reichen. Die Bildqualität und Geschwindigkeit bei gleicher Bitrate sind deutlich besser.

PS. Wenn man mit Arc Cyberpunk mit Raytracing spielen will, gibt es hier einen FSR 2.1 Mod:

FidelityFx Super Resolution 2.1 - FPS boost mod
    Boost your FPS in Cyberpunk by replacing DLSS with FSR 2.1 which works on all GPUs.
    www.nexusmods.com

Ich schaffe in 1440p mit Raytracing Low (Ultra Settings nur mit RT Reflektionen) im Benchmark 45 FPS.

FSR 2 ist tatsächlich brauchbar. FSR 1 war eine Pest.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von RaVeNsClaw (6. November 2022 um 11:09)

• Actually you don't ^^

Zitat

Update, 7:35 pm ET:

Intel told Ars Technica that it is possible for both Intel and AMD-based platforms to update Arc GPU firmware, and that Intel's Management Engine wasn't actually required for firmware updates.

"Intel Arc products do not require the host CSME to update Arc firmware," an Intel spokesperson told Ars. "Firmware updates will work on both AMD and Intel platforms. Arc products have their own Graphics Security Control for firmware updates and leverage existing Intel technology like the HECI interface protocol to implement the firmware update flow."

A follow-up from Richard Hughes, the developer who originally discovered the limitation, said that another user had told him that an "HECI-using GSC device shows up in Windows" when an Arc GPU is installed, which ought to allow updates on x86 devices. We confirmed this ourselves on a Windows PC with an Arc GPU installed and saw Intel's GSC firmware interface listed in the device manager, which ought to work the same way on both Intel and AMD platforms since it's a part of the GPU itself. (How and whether it will work in x86 Linux is something we can't confirm at this point.)

• Actually you don't ^^

Zitat

Update, 7:35 pm ET:

Intel told Ars Technica that it is possible for both Intel and AMD-based platforms to update Arc GPU firmware, and that Intel's Management Engine wasn't actually required for firmware updates.

"Intel Arc products do not require the host CSME to update Arc firmware," an Intel spokesperson told Ars. "Firmware updates will work on both AMD and Intel platforms. Arc products have their own Graphics Security Control for firmware updates and leverage existing Intel technology like the HECI interface protocol to implement the firmware update flow."

A follow-up from Richard Hughes, the developer who originally discovered the limitation, said that another user had told him that an "HECI-using GSC device shows up in Windows" when an Arc GPU is installed, which ought to allow updates on x86 devices. We confirmed this ourselves on a Windows PC with an Arc GPU installed and saw Intel's GSC firmware interface listed in the device manager, which ought to work the same way on both Intel and AMD platforms since it's a part of the GPU itself. (How and whether it will work in x86 Linux is something we can't confirm at this point.)

Strange there are topics about that then, some confirmation would be nice then lol

• Als ich das Mal mit einem Kumpel (und anderen) verglichen hatte, hat sich bei H.265/HEVC in Sachen Qualität pro Bitrate gezeigt: Software (x265) > Intel QuickSync > NVENC ≈ AMD AMF. Software ist natürlich viel langsamer.

Übrigens braucht's den FSR2 Mod jetzt nicht mehr, der CyberPunk 1.61 Patch mit offizieller FSR 2.1 Unterstützung ist vor zwei Tagen rausgekommen. Hab's gestern kurz ausprobiert und das ist tatsächlich deutlich besser als FSR 1.0. Mir kommt vor sogar die "Ultra Performance" Stufe wäre qualitativ besser als FSR 1.0 auf "Quality" war. Gut spielbar isses bei mir auf "Performance", wenn ich RT ordentlich aufdrehe. Also alle RT Funktionen aktiv und auf Stufe "Ultra". Mit FSR 2.1 auf mittlerer "Balanced" Stufe rennt's dann nicht mehr ganz so flüssig. Upscale ist auf 3840×1600 bei mir.

Ich hab zwar eine Radeon und keine ARC, aber nachdem die ARC Karten ja nicht die schnellsten sind, dürfte FSR2 echt Gold sein für die Dinger, wenn ich mir deine fps so anschaue. :)

1-6000-banner-88x31-jpg

Stolzer Besitzer eines 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP Prototypen:

• 3dfx Voodoo5 6000 AGP HiNT Rev.A-3700

[//wp.xin.at] - No RISC, no fun!

QotY: Girls Love, BEST Love; 2018 - Lo and behold, for it is the third Coming; The third great Year of Yuri, citric as it may be! Edit: 2019 wasn't too bad either... Edit: 2020... holy crap, we're on a roll here~♡!

Quote Bier.jpg@IRC 2020: "Je schlimmer der Fetisch, desto besser!"

• Danke für die Info! Ich lade mir gleich mal das neue Update für CP2077.

Da ich die GOG Version habe, ist mir das nicht aufgefallen.

Ohne Kopierschutz starte ich es gerade über die Exe von einer externen SSD.

Da ich jetzt aber eine RTX 3090 im System habe muss ich auf Detaileinstellungen keine Acht mehr geben. :P

Die Arc bleibt nun in der OVP bis die Treiber ein wenig gereift sind.

Ich habe auch noch ein System mit i5 9400F, da könnte ich sie auch rein tun.

• Gibt´s schon was neues zu berichten?

Irgendwelche sinnvollen Treiberupdates.

Mir juckt es in den Fingern (als Weihnachtsgeschenk).

Die RTX3050/3060 ist nach wie vor unverschämt teuer, da wird mir die A750/770 immer sympathischer.

RaVeNsClaw du hast doch auch eine RTX2080, liegt die RT Leistung der 770 auf dessen Niveau?