Speicher für die V5500 PCI

• Hey Leute,

ich war eben gemütlich nach einer stressigen Woche eine runde Diablo auf meinem Retro-Rechner mit meiner V5500 PCI am spielen, als plötzlich vertikale, weiße Linien im Bild erschienen. Einmal neu gestartet und das Bild sieht so aus:

Windows98SE startet auch nicht mehr.

Mein technischer Verstand sagt mir: das ist ein Speicherfehler des primären VSA-Chips, gerne lasse ich mich hier jedoch korrigieren.

Nun habe ich 2 Fragen:

a) kann mir einer sagen, welcher der beiden VSA-Chips der primäre ist? Ich würde stark vermuten (von vergangenen Versuchen) dass es der ist, der näher an den Video-Outputs ist, richtig?

b) Kennt jemand irgendeine Quelle, bei der ich die 4 Speicher-Chips beziehen könnte? Ich lese auf den Chips: Toshiba TC59S6432CFT-60. Bei ebay findet sich mal nix, bei Ali scheinbar auch nicht. Ideen?

Ich hoffe, es kann mir einer helfen. So frustrierend, das gute Stück sterben zu sehen :(

Viele Grüße,

Niko

• Der linke ist der Master.

Die Toshibas sind nicht soo besonders gut. Besser wären z.B. Hyundai (unverbastelt das beste, was auf den Karten zu finden ist) oder auch Samsung.

Wenn du den Speicher austauschst, dann ist dir überlassen, welche du nimmst. Es muss nicht Toshiba sein, möglich wäre z.B. auch E-tron oder Micron.

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• Frag da am besten mal Backfire. Der hat bei einigen Karten den Speicher getauscht.

Oh, btw:

TUALATIN FOREVER :)

"Du bist und bleibst a Mensch und du kannst eben net deine menschlichkeit überwinden."

Dennis_50300

• P3's kind of meh imo, for best optimal performance AMD'a Athlon XP 1800+ or higher is the best way to go, but your choice of course ;)

But as to your issue looks like a VRAM issue or one of the VSA-100's needs replacing , refer to Backfire's guide most of your answers will be found there.
    it kind of reminds me of by V5 PCI Mac doing a similar thing, I let Backfire replace all my VRAM chips just for the better good.

https://3dfx-alive.de/3dfx-troublesh…e/voodoo-5-5500
    Here some examples on what possibly refers to your issue:

Looks similar anyway.
    Contact backfire he will surely know what is going on with your card.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (19. November 2022 um 16:49)

• No worries, Obi and Physikant ...

I'm on the road for some days.

But you can ask as much as it is needed. :):thumbup:

I'll gonna stay in English, so I'm sure, replacing the 4 master GPU ram chips could fix the fault.

Alongside with power supply rework. ;)

Edit:

But if the Ram's getting replaced, I would replace the secondary Ram's too.

As my experience they will die sooner or later down the road.

Exact that has been happened with Gold Leader's card, and a lot of others.

- Backfire -

• Backfire helped me so much that I really feel quite bad asking him for help again :(

never feel bad asking things , asking questions should not be something anyone should feel bad for doing, I asked him alot of things and he will always come back to ya, like Mick Dundee would say no worries!

Questions are there to be asked if you don't understand on how to fix such things, to me it's all abracadabra lmao

Yeaps how long was this ago ? Something like 2 years or so right? Even so the card is running like a dream as is my Parhelia AGP 256MB DDR, the EP-8K7A+ is fantastic as well I did long 4 to 8 hour runs the entire week and no hiccups at all :)

Physikant
    Here my 3dfx Voodoo 5 5500 PCI Macintosh 64MB Rev.A1 2900 + PC Bios 1.18_DVI named "Gold Leader"

It's capacitors are Polymer Ceramic ones btw, not many 3dfx cards have these from what I know, quality wise they are the absolute best, price wise it's not cheap, I Paid quite some coin to get my card alive again but it was all worth it the card and all the repairs I put in to it came out at 671 Euros, well worth it in my book and I won't find a better card than the one I have here, as 3dfx originals go.

Declan's friend applied those on it, but 4 days after I had to send this card to Backfire for numerous fixes now it's rock solid like no tomorrow :)
    My card was also used to help Backfire with some schematics of the card for critical components for his DVI mods for V4 4500 & V5 5500 cards alike as well., it was like laying there I was like go for it if it helps ya, no worries there.

And I am glad I did allow that since if it can help him , it's only helpful knowledge for more secure repairs for all of us :)
    Such projects always bring in a lot of potential imo, worth supporting no matter the cause 8)

Backfire repaired like 170 Voodoo5 cards on average and about 16 Voodoo5 6000's more or less, he knows his cards to the tiniest of details which is of need if doing such things, all for Science! :topmodel:

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Gold Leader (21. November 2022 um 23:22)